Amongst the most popular of Alternative Medicine, Homeopathy is rooted in the belief of “like cures like” which can be roughly interpreted as an ailment that can be healed with the help of a substance that evoked similar symptoms in those with healthier well-being. It is globally renowned for its side-effect-free medicines and harmless methodologies which has made it a sought-after choice for a career in medicine. Further, as compared to Allopathy, this field has an immense scope and numerous opportunities. If you are planning to enter this prestigious branch of the medical industry and become a professional homeopathic medicine practitioner, here is a detailed blog that aims to shed light on the essential aspects of starting a career in this domain.
Have a look at:
This Blog Includes:
What is Homeopathy?
In the year 1796, Christian Samuel Hahnemann developed an alternate method of healing based on the principle called ‘Like Cures’ which later came to be known as Homeopathy. It is regarded as an alternative approach wherein the cure to the patient is provided completely through highly diluted substances. With the help of Homeopathy, the natural healing system of patient’s body is triggered and with its herbal and side-effect-free characteristic, the impact of the ailment during its treatment is effectively minimized.
Major Homeopathy Courses
There is a wide range of Homeopathy courses available across the globe for those wanting to explore this domain. These programs help students gain the required skills to become a professional medical practitioner. Let us take a look at the different level programs offered in Homeopathy.
The most common and majorly opted BHMS course (Bachelor’s of Homeopathy in Medicine and Surgery) trains students about essential fundamentals of this field. Pursuing a bachelor’s degree program in Homeopathy, you will be familiarised with varied practices of diagnosing and curing different diseases. The duration of the course is usually 5.5 years in which students will be working as full-time interns for a year in hospitals and healthcare centres.
Check Out: Courses after BHMS
Masters Level Courses
If you are aspiring to gain detailed insight into Homeopathic medicine, then you can opt for an MD Homeopathy which is usually 2-3 year course. This master’s degree aims to provide an in-service experience contrary to the theoretical approach thus preparing students to delve deeper into this medical domain.
Eligibility Criteria for Homeopathy Courses
If you aspire to become a homeopathic practitioner, you need to fulfill some specified entry requirements. A multitude of medical institutions offer a variety of programs for which the requirements tend to differ. To attain admission in a course in Homeopathy in top-notch global universities around the world, the following is the major eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have completed minimal formal schooling of 10+2 with BiPC subjects.
- To enter BHMS, candidates first need to qualify NEET exam.
- Along with this, you must qualify any of the English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, etc.
- It is also advised that students must have lucrative Letters of Recommendation (LOR) and Statement of Purpose (SOP).
- If students want to secure a higher-level degree like an MD, they must have relevant work experience in the medical industry as a homeopathic doctor.
Subjects Covered in Homeopathy Courses
The coursework of a degree in Homeopathy is meticulously crafted to impart students with the nuisances of medical practices in this domain. On the journey of any of the various Homeopathy programs, students get to study an array of core concepts, some of which are listed below:
|Embryology, Histology and Anatomy
|Pathology and Microbiology
|Physiology including Biochemistry
|Surgery: Eye, Dental, ENT along with Homeo therapeutics
|Bacteriology and Virology
|Principles of Homeopathy
|Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
|Gynaecology, Infant Care and Obstetrics
|Homeopathic Material Medicine
|Gynecology, Infant Care and Obstetrics
|Organon of Medicine
|Philosophy and Psychology
Note: The list of subjects mentioned above is for indicative purposes and may vary from one university to another.
If you aspire to carve your career in this domain of Alternative Medicine, you must begin by choosing a renowned institution that can offer you immense exposure to this field. With the popularity of specialized fields of medicine, many medical institutions across the globe have started offering degree and certificate courses for those wanting to explore alternative medicine. To help you further in your research, here is a list of some of the leading medical colleges and universities that provide a multitude of courses in Homeopathy.[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
- Cyberjaya University of College of Medical Science, Malaysia
- College of Natural Health and Homeopathy, New Zealand
- Ontario College of Homeopathic Medicine, Canada
- The Allen College of Homeopathy, Essex
- Georgian College, Canada
Certain documents are required to pursue homeopathy courses. These are listed below. These are essential documents a student needs to submit to receive admission in homeopathy courses.
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Passport, Visa, Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Financial Evidence
- Letter of Recommendations, and Statement of Purpose
To apply for homeopathy courses abroad a student can visit the Leverage Edu experts. They will start your application process.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with your application process at the respective university.
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs, IELTS, TOEFL, etc. are an important part of your university application. Hence, gather and compile all the necessary documents.
- The application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans is started after the submission of essential documents
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
Scope after Homeopathic Doctor
After completing a medical degree in Homeopathy, you can choose from innumerable opportunities in the medical industry. Following are some of the major career options you can explore:
- You begin working as a medical representative at public or private hospitals.
- One can also opt for specializations under different sub-fields like pediatrics, dermatology, infertility, psychiatry etc. and become a homeopathic practitioner in the chosen field.
- Setting up your clinic or pharmacy is always a great option given that you have the required resources and funds.
- Further, after gaining a higher degree, one can also pursue a career in academia or work in the arena of research and development and devote oneself to finding cures and medicines for various diseases.
A fresher can earn around INR 15,000 to INR 20,000 per month. On the other hand, a homeopathy professional can earn INR 2 lakh to INR 5 Lakh per month. In the private sector, the amount earned is significantly higher. Generally, a homeopathy professional can earn up to a crore a year.
The general salary of a homeopathy doctor ranges between INR 0.4 lakh to INR 7 lakh per annum. The average salary earned is INR 3.4 lakh.
Yes. There are plenty of career opportunities for homeopathy in both India and abroad. An educated homeopathic doctor can easily find work as a doctor or a medical officer. Moreover, they can work in public and private enterprises.
Thus, we hope that this blog has familiarised us with the essentials of a career in homeopathy. If you want to begin your career in this domain but are confused about the suitable course and university, sign up for a free 30-minute career counseling session with our study abroad Leverage Edu experts and we’ll guide you throughout the process of choosing a course and university that can give the ideal exposure and knowledge to become a professional Homeopathic doctor.