The United Kingdom is an excellent destination to study Pharmacy. The UK continues to be a world leader in medical research, development, and optimization, as well as in health care and drug consumption. Universities in the United Kingdom have concentrated this knowledge and creativity, and you will be taught by the best professors. Pharmacy education in the UK equips students with the knowledge and abilities necessary to excel in a variety of pharmacy careers, including community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, industry, research, and postgraduate study. Everything you need to know about MPharma in the UK!
|Annual Course Fee||17,000-78,000 GBP (INR 17,09,912 – 78,45,481)|
|Starting Salary||74,800 GBP (INR 75,23,615)|
|Job Profile||Pharmacist, Pharmacy Manager, Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmaceutical Researcher, Hospital Pharmacy Technician, etc.|
|Top Recruiters||Novartis, GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Bayer, Roche, etc.|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in UK?
- Some of the primary characteristics that make the UK one of the most popular study destinations in the world are the quality of education and academic excellence.
- International students can apply for scholarships and awards from a variety of universities, private organizations, non-governmental organizations, and government agencies. Each scholarship or grant has its own set of requirements; some are given for academic achievement, while others are given for financial necessity, and yet others are given to students from developing or undeveloped countries.
- Around 400,000 international students arrive in the United Kingdom each year. These students are from different corners of the globe, bringing with them their own set of customs, lifestyles, and opinions.
- This large influx of international students helps to foster an international-friendly environment in which anyone may thrive and learn more about various countries and cultures.
Also Read: Best Options for Masters in Project Management in UK 2022
Top Universities for MPharma in the UK
According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, the top universities in the UK that offer Masters in Pharmacy degrees are mentioned below.
|University||QS World University Rankings 2022|
|University of Oxford||#2|
|University College London||#351|
|University of Nottingham||#103|
|King’s College London||#35|
|University of Birmingham||#90|
|University of Glasgow||#73|
|University of Strathclyde||#302|
|University of Aberdeen||#205|
|University of Lincoln||#801-1000|
To study in the UK, you must achieve the following minimum requirements when applying for an MPharma at any UK university. Please keep in mind that admittance requirements vary for each university in the United Kingdom.
- Depending on whether you want to be a technician, assistant, or pharmacist, different qualifications are required, however arithmetic, English, and chemistry are generally essential.
- The minimum prerequisites for the International Baccalaureate are 60-65 percent.
- AAB is a common requirement for A-level students.
- Transcripts of your previous courses
- Photocopy of your passport
- Detailed resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- IELTS, TOEFL, scores.
- Other important certificates and transcripts
- UK Student Visa
Also Read: Best Options for MS Marketing in UK
Because the scorecard is valid for two years, students should familiarize themselves with the university calendar and apply for admission carefully.
Cost of Studying MPharma in the UK
The cost of tuition in the United Kingdom varies depending on the university. A list of typical tuition fees in the United Kingdom is provided below.
|Average Tuition Fees||17,000-78,000 GBP.||17,09,912 – 78,45,481|
Also Read: Regent’s University Admissions Guide
Cost of Living in the UK
Tuition, as well as food, lodging, and other living expenses, are all included in the cost of attending a UK university. The following are some of the costs associated with attending a university in the United Kingdom.
|Accommodation||GBP 3,828 (INR 3.82,000)|
|Internet and phone service||GBP 324 (INR 32,300)|
|Transportation||GBP 924 (INR 92,200)|
|Food||GBP 2,004 (INR 2,00,000)|
|Personal Expenses||GBP 1,164 (INR 1,16,000)|
|Miscellaneous Expenses||GBP 240 (INR 23,900)|
Scholarships For MPharma in the UK
International students studying for a Masters in Pharmacy in the United Kingdom can apply for scholarships. Some of the most well-known international student scholarships include:
|Scholarship||Benefits (in GBP)|
|Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship||All living expenses, including tuition and stipend, are covered.|
|Chevening Scholarships||All living expenses, including tuition and stipend, are covered.|
|GREAT Scholarships||worth a minimum of 10,000 GBP(INR 10,05,831)|
Must Read: Best Options for MSc Automotive Engineering in the UK 2022
Planning to pursue MPharma in the UK? Contact our Leverage Edu experts for complete assistance in getting admission to your desired college. Be an early bird applicant with us and kickstart your journey for September 2022!