Studying in the UK, especially London is an aspiration of millions of international students around the world. Ranked 1st amongst 120 world’s best study cities by QS 2019, London is one of the most student-friendly cities in the world. London is the melting pot for diversity, intellectual endeavours, sightseeing, work opportunities and more. The city is home to various universities including the prestigious Queen Mary University of London. QMUL is one of the few universities located in the heart of London offering a plethora of UG programmes in every academic field like Life Sciences, Engineering, Humanities and Dentistry. If you want to study in the UK then look no further, check out the list of UG programmes at QMUL, eligibility requirements, scholarships, important dates & more!
Table of contents
- Why Study at QMUL?
- Popular UG Programmes at QMUL
- Admission Process and Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility Criteria
- Important Dates
- Accommodation for UG Programmes at QMUL
- UG Scholarships for Programmes at QMUL
Why Study at QMUL?
Part of the Russell Group, Queen Mary University of London is an esteemed university that offers undergraduate programmes across diverse disciplines. Whether it’s diversity, quality of education and research or employability, QMUL is ranked amongst the top 20 universities in the UK. The university is located near Central London which means students get to experience campus life as well as learn & experience a global city that never sleeps! The university offers housing facilities for all its undergraduate students, provides excellent programs as well as an opportunity to participate in over 300 societies and 60 sports clubs. It has riveting volunteers working with the local bodies and provides several work opportunities for students to skill up with. Click here to know more about QMUL Rankings!
Popular UG Programmes at QMUL
The university has a wide range of UG programmes in areas like Medicine, Dentistry, Humanities, Arts, Business, Engineering, Sciences as well as foundational programmes to prepare international students for degree programmes. UG programmes at QMUL like Dentistry, English Language & Literature, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Medicine, Law are accredited by QS World Rankings. Here is a list of popular UG programmes across the three main faculties of QMUL:
- BSc Accounting & Finance
- BSc in Accounting & Management
- BSc in Marketing and Management
- BSc in Business Management
- BSc in Economics
- BSc in Finance
- BA (Hons) in English
- BA (Hons) in Drama
- BA (Hons) in Film Studies
- BA (Hons) in Comparative Literature
- BA/BSc in Geography
- BA (Hons) in History
- BA (Hons) in International Relations
- BA (Hons) in Politics
- BA (Hons) in Politics and Sociology
Medicine and Dentistry
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (Dentistry)
- BSc in Pharmacology & Innovative Therapeutics
- BSc in Neuroscience
- BSc in Global Health
- BSc in Oral Health
Science and Engineering
- BSc in Biochemistry
- BSc in Biology
- BSc in Chemistry
- BSc in Psychology
- BSc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- BSc in Zoology
- BSc in Computer Science
- BEng in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering
- BEng in Robotics Engineering
- BEng in Aerospace Engineering
- BSc in Mathematics
- BSc in Actuarial Sciences
- BSc in Physics
- BSc in Theoretical Physics
- BSc in Astrophysics
Foundational Programmes for International Students
Queen Mary University of London offers a bunch of unique programmes to accommodate students from across the world. Foundational courses are meant to prepare students for undergraduate study and can be pursued across different disciplines. QMUL offers foundational courses for one year after which can choose from 100 UG programmes and integrated foundational courses for a smooth transition into the chosen undergraduate degree.
Admission Process and Eligibility Criteria
The admission process for QMUL is underway, all interested candidates can apply for the programme. The application form for various programmes is available on the official website. After finding the right programme for themselves, students can click on the apply now option and get started with the admission process.
- Students can apply for UG programmes at QMUL through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). On the application form, students have the option to apply for any 5 courses of their choice.
- Filling out the application form and uploading all the required documents is mandatory.
- Important documents include academic transcripts, English language certificates, Referee details, Statement of Purpose.
- All students who apply for the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry must fulfil additional requirements and sit for the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT).
- The university also entertains transfer students who wish to apply for their programmes. The acceptable entry points are the 2nd year or 3rd year of a 3 or 4-year-long degree. Candidates cannot apply for the final year of a programme. The application for transfer students is available through UCAS.
- The university takes 2 weeks to update students about their status and sends an offer letter to the selected candidates. Candidates have a 2-month window to accept or deny the offer letter.
QMUL offers a bunch of UG programmes and all the courses have different eligibility criteria that candidates must fulfil to get admissions. Here is the basic eligibility criteria that students must fulfil along with the specific requirements of their programme:
- Students must have passed their 12th standard exams to qualify for UG admissions from a recognised education board.
- Students must have scored the minimum eligibility score in their 12th exams to be considered for admissions at QMUL.
- Submitting scores of English Proficiency tests is mandatory for students whose first language isn’t English. The minimum acceptable band for IELTS is 6.6 overall.
- Certain programmes may require students to sit for additional tests like UCAT, interviews or submit videos for auditions in case of performing arts or drama.
Here are the important dates regarding admissions to UG programmes at QMUL for 2021:
|September 2020||UCAS applications open|
|15 October 2020||UCAS application deadline for medicine and dental courses|
|29 January 2021||Application deadline for equal consideration for the majority of QMUL courses. Applications after this deadline will still be considered for the majority of courses and should be made via UCAS.|
|February 2021||UCAS Extra opens|
|May 2021||Accommodation deadline|
|June 2021||Final UCAS deadline|
|July 2021||UCAS Clearing open|
Accommodation for UG Programmes at QMUL
The Queen Mary University of London has multiple campuses and housing options to accommodate its diverse international audience. The University has over 2,250 room spaces at affordable prices for students who wish to live on campus and get the full college life experience in London. The university also helps students who wish to stay off-campus by finding them exciting and affordable housing options that are close to the campus, making commuting easy. After students accept their offer letter, they have the option to apply for accommodation before the deadline.
UG Scholarships for Programmes at QMUL
|AcerGAMSAT Medicine Scholarship||$650US and/or part or full tuition fees||MBBS (including Graduate Entry)|
|Business and Management Undergraduate Scholarships||£4000 off year 1 fees||BSc Business Management; BSc Accounting and Management; BSc Marketing and Management; BSc Business with Law; BSc Accounting and Finance|
|Children of Alumni Award||£1000 one-off fee discount||The Children of Alumni Loyalty Award is for those enrolling on a full Bachelors, Master’s or Doctoral degree programme who are self-funding at least £1000 of their tuition fees.|
|Law Undergraduate Bursary||£1,000-£12,000||LLB|
|Queen Mary Global Excellence Scholarships (UG)||£2000||All bachelors degrees in the Faculty of Science and Engineering|
|Queen Mary Music Scholarships||£350||Any full-time course|
|School of Economics and Finance Scholarships (UG)||£3,000 (for the first year only)||Economics, Economics with Year Abroad,Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance with Year Abroad, Economics and Finance with Year in Industry, Economics and International Finance, Economics and International Finance with Year Abroad, Economics, Finance and Management, Economics, Finance and Management with Year Abroad, Economics and PoliticsEconomics and Politics with Year Abroad, Economics, Statistics and Mathematics;Economics, Statistics and Mathematics with Year Abroad|
At QMUL, students build a successful career through exciting career initiatives like EAST. The university provides students with ample information, advice on work experience, how to start their own business and secure valuable internships and projects that will make them employable across the globe. The university organises webinars, CV Building workshops and holds interactive sessions with industry experts to help students give a boost to their careers.
The career initiative EAST defines the several preparatory steps that students take to advance in their careers whilst studying at the university. The full form of the career initiative EAST by QMUL is Explore, Acquire, Show and Tell. Let’s know more about EAST in further detail:
The first step for career building at QMUL requires students to explore their career options post-graduation and assess its benefits.
Acquire is the second stage where students seek relevant opportunities through career fairs, internships, QTaster (to know about companies you want to work with), QTemps (get temporary work) for skill development and work experience to support their career dreams.
With Show, students get to display their acquired skills and work experience through practice interviews, workshops, psychometric tests, internships, projects etc.
Through Tell, students have the opportunity to motivate and inspire their fellow Queen Mary students and tell their unique story of success.
This was all about the UG programmes offered at QMUL! If you want to embrace the hustling student life in London then apply to QMUL with Leverage Edu and fulfil your dream of studying in the UK!