When it comes to choosing the right destination for pursuing MBA abroad, Italy offers world-class business schools, English-taught MBA degrees and economical courses. So, if you are considering the land of Arts and Culture for studying a global degree like MBA, this blog covers the key aspects of pursuing an MBA in Italy, top universities and colleges you can consider as well as the costs, scholarships and other related details that you must know about.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBA in Italy?
- Requirements for MBA in Italy
- Popular MBA Courses in Italy
- Top Universities Offering MBA in Italy
- Jobs After MBA in Italy
- Cost of Studying MBA in Italy
- Scholarships for MBA in Italy
- MBA in Italy Without IELTS
- Online MBA in Italy
Why Study MBA in Italy?
Although prominent for arts and design schools, Italy is also a good option for getting an MBA, not only because of the presence of high-class educational institutions but also because of the relatively low cost of studying MBA in Italy. The country is home to many global brands thus offering abundant opportunities for business and management students to learn from industry leaders and explore a plethora of prospects after completing an MBA. Italy currently ranks as the world’s eighth-largest economy and has always emphasized the importance of entrepreneurship in building a developed economy. Here are some of the top reasons why getting your MBA in Italy is a good option:
- Globally ranked business and management schools and universities offering high-quality education.
- Outstanding placement opportunities.
- Comparatively affordable tuition fees.
- Huge range of courses taught in English
- Lower living costs.
Requirements for MBA in Italy
While you brace yourself to apply for an MBA in Italy, it is essential that you make yourself familiar with the essential admission requirements. Although some of the course criteria may vary for different universities, here are some of the basic requirements that you need to fulfil for getting admission into an MBA in Italy:
- Applicants for MBA should have completed their bachelor’s program or equivalent from a recognized university with the required percentage of marks.
- You need to have a valid GMAT/GRE score and many universities might also ask you to provide proof of work experience which may range between 1 – 3 years, depending on the university you’re applying to.
- Scores of English language proficiency exams like the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE, etc, are also required. The minimum score required in such exams depends on the universities of application. Many universities have programs in their own language for which you have to take a local language course for a minimum of at least one year
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs) and Statement of Purpose (SOP) are also required.
Want to know about scholarships for MBA in Italy? Check out our exclusive blog on Scholarships in Italy!
Popular MBA Courses in Italy
Here is a list of popular MBA courses in Italy-
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Masters in Economics and Finance
- MBA in International Business
- Master in Insurance & Risk Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Start-up Development
- MBA in Luxury & Design Management
- MBA in Marketing Management
- Master’s in Business Administration (International Program)
- MBA Design, Fashion and Luxury Goods
- MBA Automation and Robotics
- MBA Global Corporate Finance
- Master’s Degree in Marketing and Communication
- Master in International HR Management
- Master in Corporate Finance
- Master in Arts Management and Administration
- Global Executive MBA
- MBA in International Management
- Master in International Food & Beverage Management
- Master in Management
Top Universities Offering MBA in Italy
Finding the right university for your chosen MBA degree is a crucial decision that needs meticulous research. To help you select the best university to pursue MBA in Italy, we have enlisted the top business schools in the country:
|Name of the University||Average Fees||Acceptance rate of University|
|Bologna Business School, University of Bologna||INR 12.4 lakhs-INR 31 lakhs||60%|
|Rome Business School||INR 13 lakhs||NA|
|SDA Bocconi School of Management, Bocconi University||INR 18,60,000||38%|
|ESCP Europe Business School – Torino Campus||INR 33.21lakhs||10%|
|University of Padua||INR 29.2 lakhs||49%|
|Mib Trieste School Of Management||INR 10.24 Lakhs||NA|
|Politecnico di Milano||INR 76.91Lakhs INR (approx.)||50%|
|University of Pisa||INR 6.92 lakhs||25%|
|St. John’s University – Rome Campus||INR 26.19 L – 31.1 L||85.1%|
|CUOA Business School||NA||NA|
Now, let’s get to know more about some of these top universities in Italy and their prospective MBA programs:
Bologna Business School, University Of Bologna
Amongst the innovative business schools in Italy, Bologna Business School boasts of an interdisciplinary environment and the devotedly followed guiding principles of this institute include imbibing students with an international outlook. It primarily focuses on providing students with expertise so that they are able to surmount complex problems in the business sector.
Rome Business School
RBS offers MBA programs that revolve around different fields of business like – management, business strategy, accountancy and finance, arts and cultural management, finance, E-health management, sales and marketing etc. Furthermore, it provides different specializations including human resources management and marketing and sales. It also has a special 1 year MBA program for international students.
SDA Bocconi School of Management
SDA provides unparalleled executive, customized MBA programs and also various other specialized master’s degree courses. It has routinely pursued research projects based on commission. This management school became the first of its kind in whole to receive accreditation from EQUIS for offering MBA in Italy. It’s currently among the top 100 business schools globally. It also maintains an offshore branch in Mumbai which is known as the SDA Boccioni Asia Center.
ESCP Europe Business School – Torino Campus
This is situated in Corso Unione Sovietica, Italy. It was established in the year 2004 and is renowned for achieving a meteoric rise within just a decade. The university is very selective in admitting students to its programs with just around 400 students from 35 countries currently studying in it. ESCP Europe Business School has built great bonhomies with different global and local corporate houses. It is a privately owned, yet sophisticated business school and is closely associated with the ESCP Business School which also has a number of international campuses in Paris, London, Berlin and various other countries.
University of Padua
The University of Padua is one of the oldest universities in Europe. It has a revered presence on the global education platform. Its management department is developed to intently focus on offering a multidisciplinary education to its students so that they can be trained to get around the intricate business and management problems and also be incarnated with a highly advanced theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the field.
Jobs After MBA in Italy
Once you complete an MBA in Italy, here are the following riles you may get to work as-
- General Manager
- Business Analyst
- Portfolio Manager
- HR Recruiter Manager
- Operations Manager
- Project Manager
- Global Pricing Analyst
- Sales Operations Officer
- Senior Data Strategist
- Brand Manager
- Associate Director
- Account Manager
Cost of Studying MBA in Italy
Compared to other European countries, the cost of studying in Italy is much cheaper both in terms of tuition fees and costs of living. Although the tuition fees vary among different MBA schools in Italy, the average cost of getting your MBA degree is between 19000 to 30000 EUR [roughly 16,55,000 -26,12,000 INR]. However, the tuition fees may go up to around 48000 EUR [roughly 41,80,000 INR] in some of the MBA schools. The cost of living is also more affordable in Italy in comparison to other countries in Europe, you need to spend around 700 to 800 EUR [roughly 61,000-70,000 INR] per month on an average.
Note: The aforementioned costs are only for indicative purposes. Actual fee costs and living costs might vary depending on several factors.
Scholarships for MBA in Italy
Here are the top scholarships for applying for an MBA in Italy-
- Forté Fellows Program (Awards up to: £26,000)
- VISH International School Scholarships In Italy (Awards between €1000- 2000)
- SDA Bocconi MBA Scholarships For African And Mediterranean Students In Italy (Total or partial fee waiver)
- LUISS Business School – MBA International Scholarship Program (Awards up to: €24,000)
- Study Executive Scholarship for Online MBA (Awards up to: £6,000)
- Durham University Business School (Awards up to: £5,750)
- MBA Tuition Fee Waiver Competition at MIP Politecnico di Milano Graduate School of Business (Total or partial fee waiver)
- Center For Cultural Diplomacy Studies Scholarships For BA, MA, MBA & Ph.D. Programs (Total or partial fee waiver)
- Alma Graduate School Africa MBA Scholarship Program (100% cover of tuition fees (EUR 27,000) and a grant up to EUR 10,000 to cover travel to Italy)
MBA in Italy Without IELTS
Here are the universities in which you can apply to pursue an MBA in Italy without IELTS-
- University of Trento
- University of Bologna
- University of Padua
- University of Naples Federico II
- Sapienza University of Rome
- University of Verona
- University of Milan
- University of Florence
- University of Pisa
- John Cabot University
Online MBA in Italy
For the candidates who are willing to pursue an online MBA in Italy, here are some of the popular courses for it-
- i-Flex – International Flex EMBA – The Distance Learning MBA
- Online International MBA
- Master of Business Administration
- Executive MBA Banking
- MBA: Online Master Accredited in Business Administration
- Online Master of Business Administration (OMBA)
- The MBA Tour – Europe
- Executive MBA by SDA Bocconi – School of Management
- International Part-Time MBA by MIP Politecnico di Milano – School of Management
It is definitely worth studying MBA in Italy given the cost of living and tuition fees is quite low as compared to other countries and universities. Also, there is no comprise with the quality of education as it meets the global standards.
The average fee of MBA in Italy ranges between 19000 EUR to 30000 EUR (INR 16,43,000 – INR 25,95,000).
International students are eligible for free education in Italy provided that their family income, previous academic background, and scope for performing well will be accessed thoroughly on the basis of which they will be provided scholarships.
Courses completed overseas will only be accepted in India they have been duly approved by the authorities in India.
Hopefully, this blog was successful in making you aware of all the details you should be familiar with while planning to pursue your MBA in Italy. Unsure about finding the best university for studying MBA in Italy? Let our experts at Leverage Edu help you select the right university as per your interests and preferences! Sign up for a free session with us today!