Known for its Gold Souk, architectural monuments and glittering desserts, Dubai also has one of the best educational infrastructures in the world. It offers students the best education and lucrative career opportunities. In recent years, Dubai is known for Medical courses. A lot of students shift to Dubai to pursue Medical courses. To learn everything about Medical courses and universities in Dubai, keep reading the blog.
This Blog Includes:
- Top Reasons to Study in Dubai
- Medical Courses in Dubai
- Medical Universities in Dubai
- Application Process
- Working While Studying in Dubai
- Scholarships in Dubai
- Cost of Living in Dubai
- Student Visa in Dubai
Top Reasons to Study in Dubai
If you are looking for a reason to consider medical universities in Dubai for your higher education, here are some –
- Out of more than 300 metropolitan areas, Dubai is the fifth fastest growing economy in the world. And the best part is that you have the opportunity to study in Dubai, or should I say study in a fast-growing and developing country.
- In such an economy, you will have no trouble finding a job after completing the course. As soon as you enter the city you will realise how powerful companies like BBC, Sky News, AP, HP, Oracle, Microsoft etc. are having a global impact. So the job opportunities after graduation in Dubai are limitless.
- During your studies in Dubai, you will gain international experience like no other country. This is partly because Dubai has one of the most modern facilities in the world with leading technology and industry and high quality. standard of living.
Medical Courses in Dubai
- B.Sc Biology
- B.Sc Nutritional Sciences
- B.S Dietetics
- B.Sc Nursing
- B.Sc Biochemistry
- B.Sc Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Speech-Language Pathology
- Doctor of Medicine
- M.Sc in Clinical Psychology
- M.Sc Human Nutrition
You can choose the course and university of your choice with the help of AI Course Finder.
Medical Universities in Dubai
These are some of the Dubai’s top medical universities along with their medical courses.
Khalifa University is the largest university in the UAE and offers a wide range of courses in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Sciences and Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Notably, Khalifa University was ranked as the #1 university in the UAE in 2019, 2020 and 2021. In addition, it has three flagship research institutes, the Masdar Institute, the Petroleum Institute and the Institute of Robotics and Intelligent Systems, which guide intensive research work being carried out to address modern problems, and there are also 18 specialised research centres devoted to deal with local and international industry issues. It is an international university in the truest sense of the word as it has international students from more than 53 countries and professors from more than 40 countries.
Medical Course Offered
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Biomedical Engineering – INR 6.8 Lakhs
American University of Sharjah
Founded in 1997, the American University of Sharjah is a private university in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. It is a young university that offers an American-style humanities education in the Gulf region. The university is a member of the Association of American International Colleges and Universities (AAICU). As a comprehensive co-educational institution, the university has a high enrollment of international students from around 80 countries. Around 10% of Indian students in India are among the top 10 countries represented by students enrolled in university. The university maintains an almost 50:50 ratio of male to female students. As of Fall 2020, the university had a total undergraduate enrollment of 5,198, including 4,593 undergraduate students, 482 graduate students, and 37 graduate students.
Medical Course Offered
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharma) – INR 3.3 Lakhs
Abu Dhabi University
Abu Dhabi University is one of the largest private universities in the United Arab Emirates and ranks in the top 2.8% of institutions worldwide. The University strives to provide a quality, comprehensive education through 50 undergraduate and graduate programs in the faculties of Arts, Law, Education, Business and Management, Engineering and Science. The programs offered at Abu Dhabi University are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, the College of Business has received dual accreditation from EQUIS and AACSB and is among only 1% of business schools worldwide to hold this dual accreditation.
Medical Course Offered
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Public Health – INR 2.5 Lakhs
Westford University College
Westford University College has been one of the most trusted executive education institutions in the UAE since its inception in 2009. The university offers programs through the Al Taawun and Al Zahia campuses. As a fledgling institution, only established 12 years ago, it has successfully earned a reputation for offering the most flexible programs. The university has partnerships with the best institutions in Spain and the UK. It is home to almost 7,000 students on campus and 5,000 international students from 110 nationalities. The university has an active and growing student base in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, USA, UK, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Nigeria and other countries.
Medical Course Offered
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A) Healthcare Management – INR 2.4 Lakhs
Manipal University Dubai
The lineage of Manipal Academy of Higher Education, India can be traced back to Kasturba Medical College, the first self-funded medical institution in 1953. Manipal University, Dubai is one of its overseas campuses with a student population of around 1,500 from 26 nations of the world. It was founded in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates in 2000 and moved to its current state-of-the-art campus in September 2011. The current campus is over 750,000 square feet and has a capacity for more than 4000 students. It also features state-of-the-art information technology, engineering, and biotechnology laboratories, purpose-built classrooms, and superb studios and workshops for interior design and media communications programs.
Medical Course Offered
Master of Science (M.Sc) Medical Biotechnology – INR 8.5 Lakhs
Gulf Medical University
Established in 1998, Gulf Medical University is a private institution established by Gulf Medical College. The university is owned by the Thumbay Group and has a 25-hectare campus in the heart of Ajman. It is a leading institution for medicine in the Gulf region and was ranked #2 in the UAE and #401-600 globally in the 2021 Impact Rankings in Times Higher Education. The university hosts 2,000 applicants and invites applications each fall. Students from 86 nationalities enrol in various programs offered by the university.
Medical Courses Offered
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) – INR 8.6 Lakhs
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Medical Imaging Sciences – INR 4.6 Lakhs
- Master of Science (M.Sc) Drug Development and Discovery – INR 3.1 Lakhs
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Precision Medicine
De Montfort University
De Montfort University (DMU), recognized as one of the top career services in the UK, has announced the launch of postgraduate and undergraduate programs at its Dubai campus. It is De Montfort University’s first main campus outside of the UK. The campus will open in September, less than a month before DMU begins a busy program for Expo 2020. The University will launch a variety of career-oriented programs including – BA (Hons) Architecture, B.Sc.(Hons) Psychology, BA (Hons) Business and Management, Law LLB (Hons), B Eng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, etc. in the first year, the MBA (Global) will be the only graduate program available.
Medical Course Offered
Master’s in Medical Science – INR 1.3 Crore
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
- Shortlist your courses with the help of our AI Course Finder and get advice from experts. The experts will then initiate your application process at Kiel University through our common dashboard platform where you can also check your application process status yourself.
- The next step is to collect and organise all your documents like SOP, essays, certificates and LOR and test scores like IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, ACT etc.
- If you have not yet prepared for your IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, GMAT, GRE etc exams, which is definitely an important factor in studying abroad, you can join our Leverage Live classes. You will be trained by experts to get a high score.
- After submitting your application and all the required documents, the experts will start the application process for accommodation, student visa and scholarship or student loan.
- Now is the time to wait for your offer letter which can take around 4-6 weeks or more. After accepting your offer letter, now is the time to pay your semester fee.
Have you not started preparing for IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT/GRE yet? Register on Leverage Live today to score well in these exams.
Some of the documents required for admission to medical universities in Dubai are listed below-
- Official academic transcript
- Scanned passport copy
- IELTS or TOEFL required test scores
- Professional or Academic LORs
- Essay (if required)
- Portfolio (if required)
- Updated CV / Resume
- A passport and student visa
- Bank statement
Working While Studying in Dubai
All international students are afraid of finding a part-time job. International students can work part-time alongside a school in the United Arab Emirates. Also, gain experience outside of the classroom by working in libraries, departments, and administrative offices on campus. Students can work 15 hours a week or 60 hours a month during sessions. You can also work 40 hours a week or 160 hours a month during the summer holidays.
Contact Leverage Edu Experts for help writing an engaging SOP and student visa.
Scholarships in Dubai
Worried about costs when applying for medical universities in Dubai? Check out these scholarships that will help take the load off.
- Khalifa University Scholarship
- UAE University Scholarships
- Canada Dubai Scholarship
- Abu Dhabi University Scholarships
- Mohamed bin Zayed University Scholarship
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships
- The David L. Boren Scholarships
- The Marie Wright Scholarship for Non-Traditional Locations
- The American University in Dubai
- The Charles B. Rangel International Affairs Fellowships
- William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Scholarships
Cost of Living in Dubai
|Accommodation Costs||14,000-27,000 AED (Rs 2,81,400-5,42,700)|
|Food Costs||908 AED (Rs 18,250)|
|Travel Costs||Metro – 2 AED (Rs 40) – 1 zoneTaxi – 10 AED (Rs 200) – 5 km|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator for a more detailed description of living expenses in different countries.
Student Visa in Dubai
Boasting some of the best universities in the Gulf region, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a safe, friendly and peaceful nation. It has excellent academic standards and a worldwide reputation for excellence in all areas of education and training. A student visa for the United Arab Emirates allows students from all over the world to continue their studies.
The Dubai student visa application process should start at least 1-2 months before the start of the semester. Students can obtain a UAE student visa in as little as 10 days by applying for an expedited examination.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad through Leverage Finance.
Dubai has an average of two registrations per year. This happens in the months of January and February as well as September and October. However, only some universities accept students in December.
Yes, you can bring your family to Dubai on a resident visa as long as you meet the income criteria.
Yes, even without a degree you can find a decent job. in Dubai. The highest degree required for a decent career in Dubai is an undergraduate or postgraduate degree unless you are applying for senior management or a position such as CEO, CFO or similar. A degree is also required to apply for technical jobs such as doctors, engineers, etc.
All things considered, medical universities in Dubai present excellent opportunities for study abroad aspirants. They should definitely be on your shortlist due to their relatively low tuition fees and good quality of education and living.