There are plenty of jobs where you can code, manage accounts, prepare sales pitches but for people who can’t settle with their creative minds & can’t be a part of any traditional jobs, the field of Fashion and Beauty is a suitable choice. Fashion designing offers you the opportunity to create something new every day & even the ability to dress up the world. While there are several countries that teach the course, one of the best places to learn the subjects of Fashion Designing is Dubai. The place is just not famous among tourists, it is known for its quality education as well. Let’s explore fashion designing in Dubai!
This Blog Includes:
- Why should I study Fashion Designing in Dubai?
- Institutes Offering Fashion Design in Dubai
- Eligibility Criteria for Fashion Designing in Dubai
- Application Process for Fashion Designing in Dubai
- Additional Documents
Why should I study Fashion Designing in Dubai?
- Become a part of one the fastest growing economy around the globe & has immense career growth opportunities as well.
- If you opt for the same course in any other country it might cost you more or even double, but due to the Dubai educational policies it is affordable to study in Dubai
- Dubai is the most happening place, people from all over visit Dubai for business as well as vacation. It is always filled with different cultures & fashion stories. Fashion design students get to learn a lot even in day to day activities & by interacting with people.
Also Read- Study in Dubai
Institutes Offering Fashion Design in Dubai
Choosing the right university is important for your career start. To ease this difficulty here are list of top institutes offering Fashion Design in Dubai
1. FAD Institute of luxury fashion and style
On top of the list is FAD institute,The institute offers a fashion design at various levels. The course also allows students to study one semester overseas or at any UK university. The course includes portfolio development, garment construction, retails & exports, project management etc.
|Institution Name||FAD Institute of luxury fashion and style|
|Course||BA (hons) Fashion Design|
The institution offers various courses in fashion, make-up & business. It offers an undergraduate course in fashion designing. It course includes principles of design, learning about different fabrics, accessories & also graphic design.
|Course||BA (hons) Fashion Design|
3. Dubai Institute of Design & Management
DIDI offers a range of courses & one of the course is Bachelors of design. In this students can do a major in any of the one fields. Product, fashion, multimedia & strategic design management. Students can also combine any two fields together. This gives students the opportunity to pursue their own unique course.
|Institution Name||Dubai Institute of design & management|
|Course||Bachelor of Design|
4. Capital Education
Capital education is known for fashion design courses because the students have received many awards over the years. The institution offers a diploma course that includes a history of fashion to modern techniques, fashion environment, textile designing and much more.
|Institution Name||Capital Education|
|Course||Professional Diploma in Fashion Design (FD)|
5. American University in the Emirates
It is a private university established in 2006 & offers various courses at bachelor & masters level. The institution offers bachelor degree in fashion design that includes basics of design, language & communication, garment construction & history of fashion design etc.
|Institution Name||American University in the Emirates|
|Course||BSc Fashion Design|
Eligibility Criteria for Fashion Designing in Dubai
There are different eligibility criteria for each university. Here are some common points.
- Passed 10+2 from recognized board or institution.
- Scored 50% in class 12
- IELTS score 6.0-7.0
- Portfolio is optional
- Some institutions also require diploma level certification in the relevant field.
Application Process for Fashion Designing in Dubai
After selecting the university the next question is how can I apply at these universities? Here is a step based application process.
- Visit the official site of the institution
- Click on the admission tab or apply now tab
- You will be redirected to another page, fill in your required details.
- Personal Information – Name, Date of birth, contact information & educational information.
- Complete the application form by paying the application fee.
- You can also attach your portfolio & add your personal statement.
- Wait for an email from the officials.
- Some universities might take interview round as well.
Covid Update – All the interviews are conducted virtually & you will receive the interview link, other details on your email id.
Also Read Intakes in Dubai
- All official academic Transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
It is not mandatory to have a diploma for admission into undergraduate or diploma programs, universities prefer candidates with a diploma.
Candidates should be at least 17 years old.
Yes, it is mandatory for admission.
It depends on university policies, in most of the cases university doesn’t refund any amount.
The required IELTS score is 5.5-6.0
Yes, you should attach your portfolio in your application form.
We hope this blog was helpful & now you know about all the fashion designing in Dubai. Kickstart your career in fashion designing, if you need any help we are just a call away. You can contact our team of experts & counselors at Leverage Edu. All the best for your future endeavours!