Cambridge University in the United Kingdom is regarded as one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the world. It is the fifth most populous country on the planet. Undergraduate courses in social sciences, engineering, sciences, and arts, and is considered one of the best colleges for LLM. In this blog, we will discuss in-depth the course of LLM in Cambridge University.
Also Read: University of Cambridge Acceptance Rate for UG & PG
This Blog Includes:
- LLM in Cambridge University: Quick Highlights
- University of Cambridge
- 7 Reasons Why You Should Choose Cambridge University
- LLM in Cambridge University
- How to Apply?
- Visa Application for the UK for LLM in Cambridge University
- Admission Process of Cambridge University
- Career Opportunities after LLM in Cambridge University
LLM in Cambridge University: Quick Highlights
|Program Name||Master of Law (LLM)|
|Program Duration||9 months|
|Mode of the Program||On-campus/Regular|
|Course Choice||4 Courses out of the total list|
|Fees||GBP 36,000 ( INR 36 lakhs )|
|Mandatory Language Proficiency||IELTS, TOEFL|
University of Cambridge
The University of Cambridge, established in 1209, is a public research university in Cambridge, United Kingdom. It is the world’s fourth-oldest university and the second-oldest in the English-speaking world. It is a self-governed community of students as well as one of the world’s oldest universities and renowned educational institutions.
This university includes 31 constituent colleges and over 100 academic departments that are grouped into six schools: Arts and Humanities, Biological Sciences, Clinical Medicine, Humanities and Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Technology.
International Students at Cambridge University
Cambridge currently has a population of 23,380 students from all walks of life, 10,910 of whom are graduates and 12,480 of whom are undergraduates; among the graduate students, 50 percent come from outside the UK, and around 40% are women; over 11,000 staff, 31 Colleges, and 150 Departments, Faculties, Schools, and other institutions.
The University has an international community that invites brilliant students from all around the world. Over 120,000 Cambridge alumni reside in over 200 countries.
Also Read: Cambridge Trust Scholarship for Indian Students 2021
7 Reasons Why You Should Choose Cambridge University
Indian students will be able to leverage numerous benefits when they choose UK to study law. The reasons for choosing Cambridge University as your advanced learning destination are listed below.
- Foreign grads make up half of Cambridge’s graduating class. For international students, the university offers a variety of services tailored to their specific requirements and interests.
- Cambridge University is one of the most prestigious colleges in the world, and graduates with degrees from the university are highly sought after by companies in every profession. As a result, a Cambridge degree has a high market value.
- Cambridge University has one of the world’s largest libraries and museums. As a result, it provides you with a wealth of knowledge from the past as well as the present.
- Apart from the standard academic topics, Cambridge offers language tuition, computer help, and skills training to all of its graduates.
- Every year, Cambridge hosts 14 career events to help students find better job and internship options.
- The institution includes a Disability Resource Center that helps differently-abled students get the most out of their education.
- Cambridge University’s departments are known around the world for their research intensity and originality, as well as their substantial contributions to the academic area. Every student is assigned a mentor who guides their research program and keeps track of their progress in the departments.
LLM in Cambridge University
Cambridge’s Law Faculty offers a world-renowned and well-respected LLM (Master of Law) program. The nine-month taught program provides highly qualified and intellectually exceptional students with the chance to pursue advanced legal studies in a tough – but supportive – atmosphere.
Students from both common law and civil law jurisdictions enroll in the LLM program, which draws students of the highest caliber. It is designed for students interested in continuing their legal education after completing their first degree, including those choosing a career in law or intending to practice law, as well as those on a professional break who want to widen their intellectual horizons.
How to Apply?
Use the following steps to apply for the LLM at Cambridge University:
- Visit the official website of the University of Cambridge, UK
- Go to their Applicant portal and then, Click on “Apply now”
- Upload all the required documents: personal information, statement of marks, other important documents
- Re-check if the information added is error-free.
- Pay the application fee of GBP 70 ( INR 7,000)
- Submit the application.
Visa Application for the UK for LLM in Cambridge University
- The International Student Office provides visa guidance on a variety of immigration problems concerning UK students. It is critical that students obtain the proper immigration permission to study in the United Kingdom.
- Acceptance of a student’s visa application is entirely contingent on their program of choice, financial stability, adherence to UKVI rules and regulations, and personal interview sessions.
- Go for Tier 4 student visa (General) – Applicants over the age of 16 who are enrolled in a program that will last more than six months.
- Required Documents:
- Details of Passport
- Results of tuberculosis tests
- Certificate of a criminal record
- Students must show proof of financial sufficiency for the duration of their stay in the UK.
- If they are under the age of 18, letters from their parents or legal guardians are required.
- Recent Photograph
Admission Process of Cambridge University
Many students assume that the admission process for the Cambridge university is complicated and extensive. However, you should not believe in such rumours. The admission process might take time, but if you fill the application form properly with relevant documents, you won’t face any issues.
The application process will depend on your needs as well as the university. But here are some steps you should follow:
- Call us and we will help you shortlist your favourite universities. Make sure you submit your application to multiple universities.
- Compile all essential documents.
- Consider the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter
- Don’t forget to get your visa approved.
- A first-class bachelor’s degree in law from a UK university or its equivalent from an abroad institution
- If the candidates are among the top 10% of lawyers in their jurisdiction, students without a law degree may be considered
- A language center evaluation plus the Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or C1 Advanced-Grade A or B
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English) or C2 Proficiency (Grade A, B, or C) Proficiency (Grade A, B, or C) Proficiency (Grade A, B, or C) Proficiency (Grade (with at least 200 in each individual element)
- To be admitted to this program, students must have IELTS (7/9) or TOEFL (100/120) and GRE (320/340)
Eligibility for Indian Students
Indian students are eligible if they meet any of the following criteria –
- Completed a four-year bachelor’s degree with honors from a recognized institution in a relevant discipline
- Alternatively, have a B.Sc/B.Com/B.A (3-4 year) degree from a reputable university with an overall grade of 70% or a CGPA of 7.3+
Also Read: Best Universities in UK: A Detailed Guide 2021
The following documents are required:
- A resume/CV is a summary of a student’s work experience and abilities.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate – A certificate issued by the education board following completion of higher secondary school.
- Statement of marks
- Financial Documentation – Documentation that demonstrates the student’s financial situation.
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR) – This article demonstrated who motivated the student to seek the degree.
- Statement of Purpose – This is an essay or other written statement submitted by the student as part of the application process.
- English Language Requirement – This displays the results of English Proficiency Exams such as the IELTS, TOFEL, and PTE, among others.
Career Opportunities after LLM in Cambridge University
Your career opportunities will become extensive when you complete your LLM degree from Cambridge University as it’s one of the most reputed universities in the world. You can gain new knowledge and build new skills. Not to mention, you can also shortlist your resume from the rest of the crowd.
Best Jobs After LLM in Cambridge University
Following completion of the courses, the following jobs are available:
- Practicing Lawyer
- Legal Counsel
- Service in the Government
Salary of Law Professionals in the UK
The salary of law professionals in the UK will depend on the city they are living in and their designation. Here’s city wise table that would help you know the average salary of law professionals.
|London||GBP 80,000 (INR 80 Lakhs)|
|Bristol||GBP 57,000 (INR 57 Lakhs)|
|Leeds||GBP 51,000 (INR 51 Lakhs)|
|Manchester||GBP 49,000 (INR 49 Lakhs)|
|Liverpool||GBP 45,000 (INR 45 Lakhs)|
|Preston||GBP 45,000 (INR 45 Lakhs)|
Also Read: LLM in UK in 2021
Also Read: UK Visa Application Process, Fee & Requirements and UK Student Visa Questions for 2021
Also Read: Law Courses, Eligibility, Top Universities & Careers
The LLM degree course offered by the Cambridge University is one of the most sough-after higher education degrees in the world.
Studying LLM at Cambridge University might prove difficult as you need to go through extensive course modules.
If the university accepts your UCAS application, the college authorities who are handling your application will interview you.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.
I want to study here.i am from guwahati india
I want to study here.i am from guwahati india
Cambridge University is a great choice for studying Law in a foreign country. If you need assistance with the application process, choosing the right scholarship and finding the right accommodation in the UK then book a free 30-min session with our experts today!
All the best!