The Rutherford International Fellowship is a post-doctoral fellowship program that brings together top-tier researchers to avail of its facilities. It is part-funded by the European Commission, through the Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND scheme. It was established in 2015 and has assisted and encouraged researchers to build their careers. Along with providing a high-class research environment, The program also offers researchers training opportunities via workshops, conferences, and learning activities. Let’s check out the details and highlights of this program to avail of its benefits.
This Blog Includes:
Highlights of Rutherford International Fellowship Program
- There have been 35+ people employed through the RIFP.
- People from over 17 countries globally have benefitted from this program.
- 60+ talks given by RIFP researchers in seminars and conferences since 2015.
- There have been 61 journal articles published by RIFP researchers till now.
- 150+ training programs have been conducted.
- Over 70 articles are under preparation by RIFP researchers.
Also Read: ISA Youth Scholarship Program
The RIFP covers research programs in diverse areas and attracts global talents from all fields. Researchers are allowed to enroll in their desired projects by consulting the host department. The following are the departments that are covered by RIFP.
- Agricultural sciences
- Biological sciences
- Computer science
- Environmental science
- Information science
- Medical sciences
Eligibility for Rutherford International Fellowship Program
Applicants must make sure that they meet the eligibility guidelines before applying for RIFP. these criteria are set out within the COFUND scheme by the European Commission designed to encourage participation from all countries.
- The applicant must have a doctoral degree or at least have a full-time research experience of four years.
- The applicant must not have stayed, worked, or studied in the UK for more than 12 months in the past 3 years.
- For researchers returning from a career break, they must not have resided, worked, or studied in the UK for more than 36 months in the 5 years. The applicant must also not have been immediately active in research for at least 12 months to qualify as returning from a career break.
- The Applicants must not be permanent employees of STFC or Diamond.
Related Read: Naropa Fellowship 2020
Applicants must create worthy projects by following the project description template. These projects could be performed within an STFC department or Diamond. It is important for the candidate to contact the appropriate department and check the research areas and the location available under the program.
Points to Remember
- The project should be scientifically novel and excellent. It must create an impact within its field.
- It should be relevant to the department where you wish to carry out the work.
- You must mention any industrial or commercial collaboration involved.
- You should also mention any use of STFC or Diamond facilities or work outside the host department.
- You should convey ways in which your current experience will enable and help you to perform the proposed project.
- You should include statements on how you plan to propose and transfer your project ideas to non-technical audiences.
Applications and Documents for Rutherford International Fellowship Program
The application procedure includes candidates to submit the mentioned documents to the selection team. The submission is to be done via email. (RIFP@stfc.ac.uk) using the subject line: “FamilyName FirstName RIFP Application”
- Research project summary: A complete description of your proposed project and should not exceed three sides in length. It should also include a list of expected milestones or key events within your project and a short project plan.
- Curriculum vitae (CV): Your CV should contain your education, previous work experience, and relevant experience which should be less than two sides in length. Along with that, you should provide the names and affiliations of two referees within your CV.
- Publication list: You should also submit a list of your most recent academic publications.
- Supervisor statement: The applicant must also submit the supervisor statement form available on the website.
- Ethical issues form: This is an essential addition to the application. RIFP requires applicants to focus on ethical scrutiny while conducting their projects. This includes an exclusive focus on civil applications. The projects that aim at human cloning for reproductive purposes, modification of the genetic heritage of human beings which makes such changes heritable, or those intended to create human embryos solely for the purpose of research, will not be supported. Applicants must identify these ethical issues and state them in the form available on the website.
Note – The application will be acknowledged within 3 working days and the selected candidates will be contacted for the further interview round and final selection.
Hope this blog helped you understand the details of the excellent Rutherford International Fellowship Program. If you have a zeal for research and innovation, RIFP is a much-advised scheme that will benefit you. If you are looking to apply for any such program and don’t know how to go about it, consult the experts at Leverage Edu, and get assistance throughout the application process.