By easing covid restrictions and allowing thousands of students to enter the country without the hassle of quarantine costs, Ireland has emerged as a favorable study abroad destination in the last two years. Ireland’s unique European culture, wide use of the English language, and post-study work visa make it an ideal destination for international students who wish to pursue master’s programs. If you are planning to pursue your master’s abroad then check out this blog on Ireland universities for master’s programs.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Masters in Ireland?
- List of Top Ireland Universities for Masters
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Apply
Also Read: How to Apply for Ireland Student Visa?
Why Study Masters in Ireland?
Ireland is a perfect study destination for anyone looking for a first-class education. Above all, first-rate training in a progressive and innovative country with promising career opportunities. There are many reasons why students want to study abroad in Ireland:
- English-speaking Country: Ireland, an English-speaking country, has close cultural, economic and educational ties to the English-speaking world, especially with
the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Wide Range of Programs: At renowned business schools, scientific and technical centres of excellence, humanities and art colleges, students can choose from a wide range of programs that meet their needs.
- Supportive Learning Environments: Dedicated international offices work closely with academic, administrative and specialist staff to provide comprehensive support to students throughout their stay in Ireland. These support structures provide students with direct access to information, facilities, services, and staff.
- Part-time Jobs: Another incredible advantage of studying masters in Ireland’s top universities is the opportunity to earn money through part-time jobs. Students can work 20 hours a week during the semester while 40 hours a week during holidays.
- Post-study Work Visa: Ireland offers international students a post study visa for 2 years wherein students can stay back in the country and look for work opportunities.
Also Read: How to Get a Work Permit in Ireland
List of Top Ireland Universities for Masters
Irish universities have always been world leaders when it comes to the quality of education. Celebrities like Oscar Wilde, Samuel Beckett, Edmund Burke, Jonathan Swift are notable alumni of Irish Universities. Here is a list of top universities for Masters with estimated fees range:
|University||Location||QS World University Ranking 2022||Average Annual Tuition Fee( in EUR)|
|University College Dublin||Dublin||173||13,500 (INR 11.6 lakhs)|
|Trinity College Dublin||Dublin||101||25,000 (INR 21.6 lakhs)|
|National University of Ireland Galway||Galway||258||17,500 (INR 15.1 lakhs)|
|Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)||Dublin||–||5000 (INR 4.32 lakhs)|
|Maynooth University||Maynooth||751-800||15,000 (INR 12.9 lakhs)|
|University College Cork||Cork||298||18,000 (INR 15.5 lakhs)|
|Dublin City University||Dublin||490||18,000 (INR 15.5 lakhs)|
|Technological University of Dublin||Dublin||801-1000||14,000 (12.4 lakhs)|
|University of Limerick||Limerick||501-510||12,500 – 24,000 (INR 10.8 lakhs – 20.7 lakhs)|
Also Read: Types of Accommodation in Ireland
University College Dublin
University College Dublin is one of the leading research-intensive universities in Europe and is in the top 1% of the world’s top universities. With over 30,000 students from 136 countries, including nearly 4,000 students in locations outside of Ireland, UCD is also Ireland’s most active university globally. Some of the top courses in masters offered by the University College Dublin are:
- MA American Politics and Foreign Policy
- MSc Actuarial Science
- MA American Studies
- MSc Biotechnology and Business
- ME Biomedical Engineering
- MEng Food Engineering
- MA International War Studies
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick (UL) is an internationally oriented and independent university with more than 11,000 students and 1,313 employees. The university has a proud history of innovation in education and excellence in research and science. Here’s a list of the best courses of masters offered by the University of Limerick:
- MSc Human Nutrition and Dietetics
- MA International Studies
- MSc Financial Services
- MA Business Management
- MA Community Music
- MSc Aeronautical Engineering
- MSc Occupational Therapy
Trinity College Dublin
Trinity College is widely regarded as one of the elite universities in Europe, primarily because of its historical significance. Scientifically, it is divided into three faculties with 23 faculties offering undergraduate and graduate courses. The most famous courses of masters offered by Trinity College Dublin are:
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Management
- MSc in International Management
- The Trinity MBA
- MSc Digital Marketing Strategy
- MSc Financial Risk Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
University College Cork
UCC is unparalleled for the quality of its academic programs. Its courses are recognized worldwide, and around 22,000 students are enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs. International students are part of a dynamic multicultural community of scholars and professionals. Enlisted are the famous master’s courses to pursue in University College Cork:
- MA Museum Studies
- MSc Food Business
- MSW Social Work
- MSc Food Microbiology
- MSc Digital Risk for Business
- MA Digital Cultures
- MSc Physiotherapy
Must Read: Cost of Studying in Ireland
The eligibility criteria for studying for master’s in Ireland differs based on course and university. Let’s look at some basic requirements and documents needed for enrolling in Ireland universities for masters:
Typically, 3-4 years of study with a Bachelor’s degree equivalent to 2.1 Hons from an Irish University. It is recommended that you check the university’s website before submitting your application. Some of the additional admission requirements are:
- Overall 6.5 and 7.0 for some courses in IELTS and TOEFL Internet-based 88 and paper-based 570. PTE minimum academic score of 59 – 65;
- GMAT score of 550 – 600 or equivalent GRE score;
- 3-5 years of work experience is recommended.
Ireland universities for masters have relatively simpler admission and registration requirements than in other countries. The general application requirements are listed below for reference. These requirements may differ for different courses at the university.
- Official Transcripts
- Scanned Passport Copy
- CV / Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Proficiency Test Results
- Statement of Purpose MS
- Essays (if requested)
- Postgraduate applicants must provide a translation of the diploma in case the diploma is in a language other than English.
Must Read: Scholarships for Ireland
How to Apply
Here’s how you can apply to Ireland for studying master’s:
Step 1: Find a suitable college and master course
Make a list of Irish universities and select the desired master’s course and register on the official website of the selected university. Discover a course using the course finder. Before applying, review the course on the university, tuition fees, cost of living, curriculum, and work permit policy. If you have any problems collecting this data, contact Leverage Edu specialists on 1800 57 2000 and get answers to your questions.
Step 2: Take the languages exams like TOEFL and IELTS
These are a mandatory part of the application process. If you want to score better and get yourself enrolled into the top university of Ireland, sign up for the Leverage Live and commence your preparation today!
Step 3: Write SOP and ask for LOR
LOR, SOP, bank statements, passport, student visa, essay, updated CV and official transcriptions of previous degrees are also part of the application process. Register at the central application office after collecting all your documents.
Step 4: Apply to the Irish University which fits your interests
Once you are qualified, have all your paperwork and meet the language requirements, you can start by filling out the application form. To secure admission to the Ireland Universities for masters, please enter all your personal and professional information. Check the deadlines and send the saved application form to the university in good time.
Step 5: Wait for the Unconditional Offer Letter
Universities take several weeks to evaluate the application. You will be notified by e-mail about its acceptance or rejection. After receiving the offer letter, apply for a visa, apply for a grant, apply for convenience nearby and start studying abroad.
Must Read: Study in Ireland Without IELTS
Register for UniConnect Virtual Fair & Meet the Admission Staff of your dream University!
We hope that this blog has made you familiar with the top Ireland universities for masters. Are you interested in studying for a master’s in Ireland? Let the study abroad consultants at Leverage Edu assist you from start to end in finding suitable universities for masters in Ireland. Call us on 1800 57 2000 and get the 30-minutes of free counseling session by us!