Homeopathy is a form of alternative medicine used by different kinds of practitioners. Medical students get a chance to select their niche or area of expertise, so to say, in their final year of medical college. After passing out 2 of the USMLE tests, the medical students are asked to select the specialization for the Residency. Now, what is Residency? It is the minimum period that a medical student has to complete with an established medical practitioner or educator, before obtaining a state license to practice medicine themselves. Homoeopathy as a career is quite famous and is taken by most of the students. In the time where people are a little repulsed by Allopathy and can’t stomach Ayurveda, they tend to choose Homeopathy. One needs to complete MD Homeopathy and become a certified medical practitioner to be a Homeopathic doctor. As with all medical professionals, homoeopathic doctors have to follow the same steps to becoming a Doctor. Keeping that in mind, we present you a blog on How to become a Homeopathic doctor!
Step-by-Step Guide to Become Homeopathic Doctor
The steps may vary from country to country but the work remains the same, that is finding new chemicals and treating the common public of their ailments. Not all cases end happily, however, and there are stress and emotional investment associated with this career. Homeopathic Doctors often are self-employed and developing a patient base may be difficult. Many doctors are able to command high salaries, though hours may be long and irregular.
Step 1: Obtain an Undergraduate Degree
- The first and foremost eligibility that the students have to take care of is to earn a bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum percentage requirement.
- The bachelor can be done in any of the science courses that were taught in high school. For medical schools, having a biology and chemistry course in the undergrad helps a lot.
- In India, a student with Biology in 10+2 can opt for Bachelors of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) in their undergrad to become a Homeopathic Doctor. Prerequisite knowledge of the preferred niche is always found helpful.
Step 2: Give the Medical School Entrance Examination
- Depending on countries, the interested student, wanting to pursue an MD that is postgraduation in medicine has to pass an entrance exam to enter the medical schools to become Homeopathic Doctors.
- In America and most of the countries, it is MCAT that is Medical College Admission Test
- For some universities in London, the candidate has to pass a UCAT or IMAT Examination.
- For some universities in Australia and New Zealand, one have to pass the UCAT or GAMSAT Examination.
- For some universities in Germany, one have to pass the Test fur Medizinische Studiengange (TMS)
- Students going from India to give MCAT and then applying to universities are also required to have a good GRE, IELTS or TOEFL scores.
Step 3: Attend the Medical School
After clearing out the examinations, the journey doesn’t, it starts there. The MD Degree requires 4 years of schooling where the curriculum is divided into semesters and is conducted on a full-time basis.
To know more about the licensing procedures and when the students appear in front of the board, we have a detailed article on that topic, an informative blog of ours, check it- MD in USA
Step 4: Attend the Residency in Homeopathy and Become Licensed
- In the final year of medical school, students have to submit an application regarding the specialization field. Then from that application, they get the appropriate residency to train. Complete the training under your Homeopathy Courses in this case.
- After the training, candidates have to be present in front of the state board to earn the state license.
Top Universities for Homeopathic Courses
To become a Homeopathic Doctor, candidates can complete their education from any of the enlisted colleges of India as well as abroad:[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
|Top Colleges in India||Top Colleges Abroad|
|Government Medical College/Rajindra Hospital||The Academy of Classical Homoeopathy|
|Maharajah’s Institute of Medical Sciences||Dynamis school for Homeopathy|
|Baba Farid University of Health Sciences||Ontario College of Homeopathic Medicine|
|Parul University||Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine|
|Nehru Homeopathic Medical College||Dietrich Berndt Institute for the Promotion of Homeopathy|
|Kerala University of Health Sciences||Ars Curandi Association of Homeopathic Physician|
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University||The Allen College of Homoeopathy|
|Padmashri Dr. D.Y. Patil Homoeopathic Medical College and Research||The British Institute of Homoeopathy|
|Homeopathy University||School of Classical Homeopathy, Zurich|
|Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Rajasthan Ayurved University||Centre for Homeopathic Education, London|
Postgraduates with the Homeopathy Specialization have a lot of doors open for them. They are now certified doctors and doctors are not needed only in the clinics. They are also needed in the labs, private firms, educational institutes or even in hospitals. The broad focus of career prospects is elucidated down below:
- General Practitioner
- Medical Assistant
- Skin and Dermatology Expert
- Public Health Professional
- Policy Maker
- Health Communication Expert
- Community Practitioner
Students coming out of Medical Schools and certified are in great demand because all over the world, there is a huge need of doctors. We at Leverage Edu have been successfully guiding students to their dream university for quite some time now and we have great mentors to guide the individuals in dire need of a direction. Head onto our website and book a free one-on-one counselling session with one of our mentors.