Known for its historic campuses in London and academic excellence, the University of Greenwich offers students diverse MBA degrees with specializations in Marketing, Finance, International Business and an Executive MBA to upscale their career growth. The University of Greenwich offers students academic as well as practical experience by helping them secure internships with companies like Bosch, Harrods, Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG and Starbucks Coffee Company (UK) Limited. The university is also home to more than 19,000 students including international students ensuring incredible networking opportunities.
|University||University of Greenwich|
|Motto||“To learn, to do, to achieve”|
|No. of Campuses||3|
|Campus Locations||GreenwichMedway Avery Hill|
|Popular Courses||MBA in International Business, Marketing Management, Finance, Executive MBA|
|Accepted English Proficiency Test||IELTS|
|Application Fee||GBP 20 (INR 2K)|
Read about the Intakes to study in the UK!
This Blog Includes:
- About University of Greenwich,
- Study MBA at the University of Greenwich
- Types of MBA at University of Greenwich
- World Rankings 2022
- Requirements for University of Greenwich MBA Program
- How to Apply for University of Greenwich MBA Program?
- Documents Required for University of Greenwich MBA Program
- Cost of Studying MBA at University of Greenwich
- How You Will Learn at University of Greenwich
- Cost of Living
- International Scholarships Award
- Careers and Placements at University of Greenwich
About University of Greenwich,
The University of Greenwich was founded in 1890 at Woolwich Polytechnic, and it received its first CGLI certificate in 1892. In 1992, the institution was awarded university status, and its name was changed to the University of Greenwich. Over the years, the university has established itself as one of the world’s top academic institutions. It has been accredited by a number of prestigious organizations, including the CIPD, the APS, and the AMBA.
Accounting, finance, architecture, science, business, management, engineering, arts, English, social science, history, law, marketing, nursing, pharmacy, and psychology are among the undergraduate and postgraduate programs offered at the university. These courses are offered by the university’s Faculty of Architecture, Computing, and Humanities, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Education and Health, and Faculty of Engineering and Science.
The University of Greenwich has more than 225,000 alumni worldwide. Charles K. Kao, a well-known scientist who received a Nobel Prize in physics for pioneering the use of fiber optics in telecommunications, is among the prominent graduates. Hacker, A.N.T.I.D.O.T.E, Pig-Heart Boy, Tell Me No Lies, and Dead Gorgeous are among Malorie Blackman’s best-known works. Jamie Adenuga (Jme) is a well-known record producer and one of Boy Better Know’s co-founders.
Study MBA at the University of Greenwich
|Course||MBA in International Business|
|Duration||2 Years (Full-Time)4 Years (Part-Time)|
|Department||School of International Business and Economics|
MBA in International Business at the University of Greenwich is offered both in full-time and part-time mode. Students mostly go for full-time mode. Students studying MBA in International Business will be required to study the following modules in the respective years of their study:
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Financial and Management Accounting Global Strategy: Analysis and Practice International Business Project Global Business and Sustainability Foundations of Scholarship and ResearchInternational Entrepreneurship International Economics and InnovationAcademic English for Postgraduates (Business)International Business Finance Managing Across Cultures MBA Internship Preparation||International Business Project Professional Practice|
Students pursuing MBA in International Business at the University of Greenwich are assessed through the following:
Why study MBA at the University of Greenwich?
- You will be studying for an internationally recognised masters degree; MBA in International Business.
- You will get to follow your own professional interests as you will be required to do an internship with a company of your choice at the end of your course in the first year of your study.
- With an employment rate of 90%, MBA graduates from the University of Greenwich pursue a career in a wide range of MNCs, non-government and public sector organisations.
- You will get to live in the beautiful city of London.
Types of MBA at University of Greenwich
The varieties of MBAs available at the University of Greenwich are listed below.
|Executive MBA||1-3 years|
World Rankings 2022
The table below mentions the national and international rankings achieved by the University of Greenwich:
|Times University Guide 2022||#89|
|Guardian University Guide 2022||#94|
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#751-1000|
|The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022||#601|
The University of Greenwich’s business, management and marketing courses are ranked in the TOP 3 for course variety in London (University Guide 2021).
Requirements for University of Greenwich MBA Program
Given below are the requirements you must fulfill to study MBA at the University of Greenwich.
- Students must have a 4-year bachelor degree with a minimum of 55% in the Final Year.
- If you are graduating from one of the top universities mentioned below, you must obtain a minimum of 50% in the final year:
- Mumbai University
- Savitribai Phule Pune University (Pune University)
- Calcutta University
- Delhi University
- Bangalore University
- Madras University
- The University of Greenwich accepts 70% in English in Standard XII as an English Language Requirement. However, it does not accept Standard XII, English Marks, from the Punjab or Haryana board. Students from the mentioned boards are required to meet the following English language requirements.
- International students are required to take the IELTS and the minimum IELTS band required is 6.0 with 5.5 in each skill
Join Leverage Live to score High in your IELTS
How to Apply for University of Greenwich MBA Program?
- For University of Greenwich MBA program, students are required to start the application process online and must check the eligibility requirements. You can call our Leverage Edu student counselors at 1800 572 000 to shortlist courses based on your profile with the help of our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Gather all the required documents.
- Compile your application and mail it to the University.
- Your application will be assessed by the international office.
- They will decide whether to accept or not on the basis of your application.
- If accepted, you will receive a LOR from the admission committee.
- After this, you will have to mail your acceptance and will be required to pay the pre-registration fee.
- After your University application has been successfully accepted, you can start with the process of your visa.
Know about the UK Tier 4 Visa
Documents Required for University of Greenwich MBA Program
- All official academic transcripts and diplomas if any
- Relevant years of work experience for MBA
- Letters of Recommendation
- Updated CV
- Proof of financial support
- Valid Passport
- Student Visa
- Writing Sample if required
- TB Test if asked
Click here to Check out all the Requirements to Study in the UK!
Cost of Studying MBA at University of Greenwich
Following is the cost of studying MBA at the University of Greenwich.
|Cost of Studying||Amount in GBP||Amount in INR|
|Tuition Fee||GBP 18,500 per year||(INR 18 Lakh)|
How You Will Learn at University of Greenwich
The University of Greenwich is excited to welcome students to its campuses in 2022/23. For the 2022/23 academic year, they are dedicated to offering as much of their teaching, learning, and student activities on campus as feasible, in accordance with government advice.
- Learning takes place throughout a normal week through a combination of lectures and seminars. In smaller group sessions, you’ll be able to explore and enhance your comprehension of subjects taught in lectures. Depending on your optional courses and tutorials, contact hours may range from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The average annual student intake is between 220-230. According to the 2018 intake, 120-320 people attend lectures, while 15-30 people attend seminars/tutorials. This varies depending on the module, especially if it is shared amongst degrees.
- You’ll need to devote time to self-study outside of scheduled sessions to prepare for coursework, presentations, and tests. Your reading and research will be aided by Stockwell Street library and internet resources.
- Contact hours (lectures, seminars, etc. ), independent learning, and examinations make up your entire workload. The workload for full-time students should be about similar to that of full-time employment. This will decrease according to the number of units you are studying if you are a part-time student.
Cost of Living
Coming to an exact estimation for expenses is quite hard but here we’ve mentioned an average estimated cost of living in Greenwich as an International Student:
|Expenses||Average Estimated Cost per month|
|Accommodation||GBP 500- GBP 800|
|Study Material||GBP 50|
|Personal Expenses||GBP 50|
|Total Amount in GBP||GBP 1400|
|Total Amount in INR||INR 1,41,000|
Check out Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator
International Scholarships Award
International students who will study MBA at the University of Greenwich are eligible to receive the mentioned scholarship with the tuition fee grant of up to GBP 3,000 (INR 3 Lakh) in the first year of their study. However, keeping in mind that the student must:
- Students must have been offered a place on a full-time UG or taught a PG course for the first time.
- Students must be paying fees at the international rate.
- Students must be paying the full cost of tuition in subsequent academic years.
- Students must not hold any other scholarship.
- The student will have to participate in university promotional activities, such as interviews and attending university events.
Students can only apply for this scholarship once and the final decision depends upon the panel.
Careers and Placements at University of Greenwich
Graduates of universities who major in international business go on to work for a variety of multinational corporations, non-governmental organizations, and government agencies. Some people may find work in small and medium businesses, international trade, or local and central government.
Their internship will allow you to put your communication, numeracy, and problem-solving abilities into effect in a professional setting, as well as enhance your understanding of corporate principles and ethics. Until your placement is approved, you are responsible for organizing it with the help of the university.
Through workshops, meetings, briefings, one-on-one consultations, and group sessions, the Business School Employability Office will assist and advise you. Internships have been gained at Bosch, Harrods, Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG, and Starbucks Coffee Company (UK) Limited by former students.
The duration of the Internship is 11 months.
The application process takes up to 6 to 8 weeks.
The percentage of International Students at the University of Greenwich is 14%.
Are you planning to study MBA at the University of Greenwich but not sure where to start? Our Leverage Edu experts will help you from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 and kickstart your study abroad journey today!