Did you know one of the leading universities in the UK, the University of Reading is a public university that was once a part of the University of Oxford? Before being awarded university status in 1926, it was an extension college of the University of Oxford. University founded in the 19th century is now a university that has opened its arms to international students from over 140 countries. Due to its numerous industry connections and advanced education, it is normally difficult to get into the University of Reading. Let’s explore the university of reading acceptance rate, selection criteria, application process and more.
This Blog Includes:
- About the University of Reading
- University of Reading Admission Statistics
- University of Reading Acceptance Rate
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Process of the University of Reading
- Cost of Study
- Scholarships for Indians at the University of Reading
About the University of Reading
The University of Reading is a public university in Reading, Berkshire. It has 3 campuses in the UK and 1 in Malaysia. Currently, more than 5000 international students are enrolled in the programs at the University of Reading. One of the leading public universities in the UK, it offers more than 250 undergraduate and 150 graduate courses to its students. The Meteorology and Atmospheric Department ranks 1st in the UK and Europe and 5th in the world.
In 2008, the Henly Management College merged with the University of Reading to create Henly Business School that is one of the top business schools in the UK. Henley offers full-time MBA and EMBA programs along with specialisations and masters in management.
University of Reading Admission Statistics
|Student: Faculty Ratio||10:1|
|QS World University Ranking 2023||229|
|THE World University Rankings 2023||198|
|Major Intakes||Autumn, Spring, Summer|
University of Reading Acceptance Rate
The University of Reading Acceptance Rate is at 58%. This means that out of 100 applicants, only 58 get accepted to their programs. It is fairly difficult for an international student to get into this university.
Competitive Programs at University of Reading
The programs at the University of Reading that are competitive and hard to get into are:
- Bachelors of Engineering
- Bachelors of Technology
- Master of Arts
- Masters of Architecture
- Masters of Business Administration
- Masters of Science
- Masters in Management
- Bachelors of Business Administration
Now that we know the University of Reading Acceptance Rate, let’s have a look at the eligibility requirements you need to fulfil as an Indian student wanting to apply:
|Eligibility Criteria||Minimum Requirement|
|Academic||–Undergraduate– Passed grade 12th and foundation program
–Graduate -Bachelor’s degree with 1st class distinction
|Proof of English Proficiency||–IELTS– 6.5-7
|Entrance Exam||GMAT– 600 (for MBA)|
|Documents||–Statement of Purpose
–Letters of Recommendation
Also Read: University of Warwick Acceptance Rate
Application Process of the University of Reading
After knowing the University of Reading Acceptance Rate and Eligibility Requirements, the next step is to know how to apply to the University of Reading. Following is a step-by-step guide to know the application process:-
- Go to the University of Reading website and look at the courses that you wish to apply to.
- Note down the eligibility requirements, application deadlines, fees and scholarship options.
- Give your English tests and entrance exams like GMAT to get the minimum score for entry at the University of Reading.
- You can apply to the undergraduate courses at the University of Reading through the UCAS portal and directly via forms available on the website for graduate courses.
- Attach all the important documents to study abroad like academic transcripts, SOP, LORs, resume, etc to your online application.
- Submit the application form within the deadline. The usual processing time for the applications at the University of Reading is 4 to 6 weeks.
- If you are accepted, you will receive a conditional or an unconditional offer. Ensure that you submit the documents mentioned in the conditional offer within the deadline to secure admission.
- Once you pay the deposit and accept the offer, you can start looking for accommodations, scholarships and UK Tier 4 visa application process.
Finding the course that suits you perfectly is a struggle bigger than the entire application process. Use Leverage Edu’s AI Course Finder and get to know your course in just a few moments!
Cost of Study
The University of Reading Acceptance Rate tells us that it is fairly difficult to get into this university. Since it is under the top 30 universities in the UK, the cost of studying at the University of Reading is also expensive.
|Type of Expense||Average Cost (INR)|
|Undergraduate Tuition fee||20.7 lakhs per year|
|Graduate Tuition fee||23.11 lakhs per year|
|MBA Tuition fee||39.95 lakhs per year|
|Accommodation||12,987-29,972 per week|
|Food||3,596-5,195 per week|
|Travel||6,793 per month|
|Books||4,395 per month|
The cost of studying and living given above are just estimates based on general choices and preferences. Get your personalized cost of living at the University of Reading by using Leverage Edu’s Cost of Living Calculator
Scholarships for Indians at the University of Reading
Once you have been accepted as a prospective student of the University of Reading, you can apply for the scholarships given below:
|Level of Study||Scholarships|
|Undergraduate||-Vice-Chancellor Global Scholarship Award [Amount: £4000 (INR 4 lakh)]-Agriculture Scholarships [Amount: £1,000 (INR 1 lakh)]|
|Henley Business School||-Women in Finance Scholarships
-Entrepreneurship and Innovation Ambassador Scholarships
-Marketing Ambassador Scholarships
The University of Reading Acceptance Rate is 58%.
There are more than 5000 international students at the University of Reading.
The University of Reading is located in Reading, Berkshire, England.
London is 1 hour 24 minutes away from the University of Reading.
The University of Reading is a public university.
The courses in meteorology and atmospheric science and real estate are the best courses at the University of Reading.
The MBA at the University of Reading costs INR 39.9 lakhs per year and is taught by the Henley Business School.
Planning to study abroad but worried about securing admission into your dream university? Start your application process with complete information and guidance. Call Leverage Edu experts at 1800-572-000 and book your 30-minutes counselling session for FREE.