The United States is one of the most popular destinations for students who wish to study abroad. It is home to some of the best universities in the world. There is an influx of students in the USA from nearly every country to access the excellent education and higher quality of life that the USA offers. One of these top-ranked universities is Georgetown University. The Georgetown University MBA is known for the quality of students who graduate from here. This blog will provide you with all the information about the MBA program at Georgetown University!
This Blog Includes:
About Georgetown University
Georgetown University MBA comes under the McDonough School of Business, which was established in 1936 as an undergraduate program within the School of Foreign Service. Presently, it is one of the best in business education, business ethics and social responsibility. Georgetown launched the MBA program in 1981, and the coursework was created by infusing business/government relations, ethics, international business and communications. Georgetown University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition, McDonough is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The University is ranked on the 248th position according to the QS World University Rankings 2022. Times Higher Education puts it on the 130th spot.
Georgetown University MBA Application Deadlines
Following are the application deadlines for the Fall 2022 semester:
|Application Deadline||Decision Notification||Deposit Due|
|Round 1||September 27, 2021||December 9, 2021||February 8, 2022|
|Round 2||January 6, 2022||March 22, 2022||April 20, 2022|
|Round 3||March 31, 2022||May 5, 2022||May 17, 2022|
|Round 4||April 26, 2022||May 25, 2022||June 1, 2022|
Why Choose Georgetown for MBA?
Though Georgetown is an excellent University, the following are a few reasons as to why the MBA at Georgetown must be a choice for you:
- Georgetown has designed its curriculum for making students global citizens.
- Its location is in Washington DC, which provides students with unrivalled access.
- The program is a launchpad and helps students discover their strengths and weaknesses.
- There are two methods of pursuing the Georgetown University MBA, i.e. full-time and flex. This flexibility allows students to choose a balance of work and life.
- The global alumni network of over 190,000 graduates around the world provides you with an opportunity to receive support at all points in time.
- Students gain hands-on experience as a part of the Georgetown University MBA course curriculum.
Also check out: One Year vs Two Year MBA: Which is Better?
In the opening term, both Full-time and Flex MBA students take 36 credits of core courses which are diverse in their approach to business. Then, they complete the final 24 credits of the curriculum by choosing from over 100 elective courses. Georgetown sets the curriculum in such a way that graduates emerge as leaders and evolved individuals. Courses such as Leading Teams for Performance and Impact (LTPI) and Structure of Global Industries (SGI) are major core courses. The elective courses last one-two weeks and will allow students to explore topics outside their typical MBA curriculum such as data visualisation, startup factory, six sigma, national security, etc.
Full-time MBA: The Full-time MBA is a 21-month program
Flex MBA: The Flex MBA is a 28-60 month program
Cost of Studying MBA at Georgetown University
The fee structure for the Georgetown University MBA program in Full-time and Flex formats is given below:
|Direct Expenses(2021-2022)||Indirect Expenses (2021-2022)|
|Tuition||$60,894||Average Living Allowance||$22,696|
|Graduate Student Activity Fee||$36||Average Books||$2,646|
|Georgetown University Health Insurance||$2,965||Average Travel||$2,606|
|SUBTOTAL||$63,895||Federal Direct Loan Fees||$3,220|
|Total cost per year||$95,063|
|Direct Expenses(2021-2022)||Indirect Expenses (2021-2022)|
|Tuition||$47,355||Average Living Allowance||$27,992|
|Graduate Student Activity Fee||$36||Average Books||$1,440|
|Georgetown University Health Insurance||$2,965||Average Travel||$3,266|
|SUBTOTAL||$50,356||Federal Direct Loan Fees||$2,610|
|Total cost per year||$85,664|
- Three or four-year Bachelor’s degree with a B+ average, or the recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- 550 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test- 155 GRE score on both the verbal and quantitative sections. These scores should be valid and taken within the past 5 years.
- Minimum two years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from your Bachelor’s degree.
Here are some of the important documents that Georgetown University requires from the MBA applicants:
- Official affirmation of your latest secondary school grades
- Proof of all academic transcripts
- SOP and LORs
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & USA Student Visa
- Bank Statements
The Georgetown University MBA career centre exposes you to opportunities around the world, including top recruiters. Webinars and events are organised constantly to improve networking amongst the students and industry experts, and various student organisations at Georgetown help shape your personality as a leader. The alumni network at Georgetown is spread far and wide, with alumni more than willing to help present or future students. Georgetown University facilitated 78% of the total job offers for its students.
- Bank of America
- Ernst & Young
- JP Morgan Chase
The average salary for full-time MBA students is USD 126,107, or approximately INR 93 lacs per annum. The average signing bonus was USD 34,073, which comes to INR 25 lacs.
This was all about the Georgetown University MBA program. If you wish to apply to the MBA program in the United States, seek help from the counsellors at Leverage Edu. Call us at 1800 57 2000 and avail your first free counselling session today!