A closet full of clothes, and nothing to wear? Fashion bloggers are here to the rescue! These types of bloggers are recent additions to the modern fashion world. They are the most followed people and looked up to for fashion advice and recommendations. A fashion blogger’s main job is to share their unique style experiences and recommend those on social media platforms. If you have a unique style sense and wish to share it with the world, a career as a fashion blogger is an optimum choice for you. In this blog, we will tell you the secrets to step up your career game as a fashion blogger.
This Blog Includes:
What does a Fashion Blogger do?
The fashion industry is expanding every day. It has tremendous opportunities for everyone. Fashion comes from every nook and corner of the world. Fashion Bloggers experiment with fashion, recommend newer ideas, share experiences via multimedia or social media. Fashion bloggers regularly write updates on their fashion game through their personal blogs on social media. They use eye-catching graphics and appealing content to highlight the trends in fashion. trending and popular topics. Becoming a fashion blogger or influencer is not a tough nut to crack. In fact, possessing a few key qualities such as a unique sense of style, creativity and communication skills are enough to be a world-class fashion blogger.
Check out the ultimate guide for How to Become a Fashion Designer?
There are no specific criteria to become a fashion blogger or any special qualifications are not needed. All that is needed is utmost passion and willingness to express your style and thoughts. However, a fashion blogger can use a fashion designing degree to up their game and build a strong network.
- A basic 10+2 qualification before starting on your own.
- Study an undergraduate program in relevant fields such as designing or fashion or textile.
- Obtaining certificate degrees in fashion designing or diploma courses in fashion designing or related fields.
- Excellent sense of fashion and technical knowledge of fabrics and style.
The top skills that every aspiring fashion blogger in today’s world must possess are mentioned below.
- Great fashion sense
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding networking skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Content creation skills
- Editing and video making skills
- Technical knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Building and maintaining website
- Persuasive skills
To have an edge over others in the highly competitive field, students can opt for degrees in fashion designing and its branches for the top universities abroad.
- Queensland University of Technology
- Heriot-Watt University
- The University of Technology, Sydney
- RMIT University
- Birmingham University
- Curtin University
- University of Westminster
- University of Southampton
- Northumbria University
- University of Leeds
- Kingston University
Top Colleges in India
The top Indian universities for fashion designing that can help in achieving the relevant degree to become fashion bloggers are mentioned below.
- National Institute Of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute Of Design, Ahmedabad
- Footwear Design And Development Institute, Noida
- VIDM Institute Of Design And Management, New Delhi
- National Institute Of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- YMCA Institute For Office Management, Delhi
- Satyam Fashion Institute, Noida
- National Institute Of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- SDPS Women’s College, Indore
- National Institute Of Fashion Technology, Chennai
Check out the Top Fashion Designing Colleges in India and World
An aspiring fashion blogger can also attain a degree related to the fashion industry in the following courses.
- Fashion blogging
- Fashion technology
- Design and arts
- Fashion photography
- Sales and marketing
- Video editing
Types of Job Profiles
A fashion blogger can pursue his or her passion by opting for any of the following job roles.
A person who demonstrates stylish and designer clothes, footwear, jewellery, et cetera items in the best possible way is a fashion model. Every brand needs fashion models for displaying their work to the public.
A job profile as a fashion stylist is based on working with fashion designers and brands. They come up with ideas to style the clients or the celebrities representing the clothing brand.
This job profile requires the fashion blogger to share the products of certain brands through their social media platforms. It is a way to influence the public to buy those products.
A fashion photographer who is specialised in taking pictures of fashion models wearing different voguish clothes, footwear, accessories and so on.
The primary job of a social media influencer is to create interesting content and keep the audiences entertained with the fashion products.
Also Read: MSc Costume Design And Fashion
A fashion blogger can find a career in the following domains offering fashion-based opportunities
- Clothing brands
- Travelling companies
- Magazines and print media
- Social media platform
- Entertainment industry
- Fashion and cosmetic companies
- Publishing houses
The most famous recruiting firms for fashion bloggers are mentioned below.
- Brand global
- Louis Vuitton
- Shenaro Lifestyle
- Wonder Wardrobes
- Glamour Street
- MAC Cosmetics
The pay scale of fashion bloggers is quite interesting. The rough figures of individual job profiles in the fashion blogging industry are mentioned below.
- A brand promoter can earn easily between INR 1,00,000 to 3,50,000 per annum.
- A fashion blogger salary ranges between INR 1,00,000 to 12,00,00 per annum.
- A model in the fashion industry is paid as per the modelling consignment. The range of salary is between INR 3,00,000 to 7,00,00 per year.
- Stylists can get up to INR 5,00,00 per year.
- A social media influencer can earn up to INR 10,00,00 per annum.
The future of the fashion industry is bright. There are immense opportunities for people with a specific interest in fashion and blogging. The job profiles are always open in multinational fashion companies. You can also work as a freelancer on your own website. Be a brand promoter or a fashion blogger and earn a reasonable salary every month. If you are confused about your career choices and need guidance, consult our career experts at Leverage Edu!