The Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test is a teacher recruitment examination similar to Assam TET, MAHA TET, TET, and CTET, conducted by the Kerala Pareeksha Bhawan across classes I to X along with language teachers. Furthermore, it comprises four categories depending on the classes. The syllabus of the exam somewhat draws from the UGC NET Syllabus. In this blog, we have curated all relevant information from dates and deadlines and syllabus to the official sample papers of the KTET Exam 2023.
This Blog Includes:
- KTET 2023 Highlights
- Important Dates for KTET 2023
- What is KTET?
- KTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- KTET Application Form 2023
- KTET 2023 Application fees
- KTET Admit Card 2023
- KTET Result 2023
- Syllabus for KTET 2023
- KTET 2022 Question Papers
KTET 2023 Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET 2023)|
|Conducting Authority||Kerala State Education Board (KSEB)|
|Level of Exam||State-Level|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Pen & Paper-based Test (offline exam)|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Total Marks||150 marks|
|Total Categories||-Category I (Class 1-5)
-Category II (Class 6-8)
-Category III (Class 9-10)
-Category IV (Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit & Urdu (up to Upper Primary level))
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
Important Dates for KTET 2023
If you are looking to apply for the KTET 2023, check out the dates here:
|KTET Events 2023||KTET Exam Date|
|KTET Notification Release||March 25, 2023|
|Online Application start||April 3-18, 2023|
|KTET Exam Date 2023||May 30-31, 2023|
|Result Declaration||to be announced|
What is KTET?
The Commissioner for Government Examinations administers the Kerala Teachers Eligibility Test (KTET), a state-level examination. It is held twice a year for applicants interested in beginning their careers as teachers in government primary, upper primary, and high schools.
KTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
For all those who are looking forward to you appearing in the KTET 2023 examination, stated below is the eligibility criteria as per various categories of the exam-
Category 1( Lower Primary Teachers)
- Candidates should have scored minimum 45% marks in their Higher secondary examination and must have a 2 year trained teacher certificate issued by the Kerala board of examination or its equivalent; OR
- give flying candidates must have 45% marks in their Higher secondary examination along with a 2 year diploma in elementary education issued by the NCTE Rules and Regulations, 2002; OR
- minimum 50% marks in Higher secondary Education along with a four year bachelor’s degree in in Elementary Education; OR
- Candidates must have minimum 50% marks in higher secondary level along with the two year diploma in special education
Category 2 (Upper Primary Level)
- Candidates must have completed BCom/ BSc or BA degree with at least 45% marks along with a B.Ed degree as per the NCTE Rules and Regulations; OR
- The applicant’s may have completed BCom/ BSc or BA degree and a 2 year diploma in elementary education or teachers training certificate issued by the Kerala Board of Education; OR
- Minimum 50% marks in higher secondary education along with a bachelors in Elementary Education (4 years); OR
- candidates must have attained 50% marks in higher secondary qualification along with a BA/BSc or BSc BEd or BA BEd
Category 3 (High School Class Teachers)
The aspirants who want to apply for this category must meet the below-stated eligibility-
- Minimum 45% marks in BCom/ BSc or BA degree with UP B.Ed degree in a concerned subject from any university in Kerala or its equivalent universities
- For the candidates who have a degree in MSc Ed in subjects such as Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Botany or Zoology must have qualified the degree from a regional institute of Education that is sponsored by NCERT and must have a minimum of 50% marks.
- The applicants must have completed a BA degree with minimum 45% marks. Also, those who have passed LTTC can also apply.
Category 4 (Language Teachers)
As per the rules and requirements stated by the Kerala Education Act, those who possess the necessary qualification of language teachers for Hindi, Arabic, Urdu, Sanskrit, Physical Education, and Specialist Teacher can apply.
KTET Application Form 2023
The application form for KTET 2023 is accessible on the official website. The KTET application procedure is as follows:
- Open the website and go to the “New registration” section.
- Candidates must submit their applications to Pariksha Bhavan over the internet.
- Fill out the form to the best of your ability.
- The application cost is 500/- for general applicants and 250/- for SC/ST and handicapped applicants.
- Payment may be made online using Net banking, credit card, or debit card, or offline using a challan and sending it to the SBI branch closest to the site. The candidate can then upload the scanned papers together with the application form.
KTET 2023 Application fees
The following are the application fees that must be paid to complete the application form:
|SC/ST, Physically handicapped||250/-|
KTET Admit Card 2023
Before the exam, the KTET Admit Card will be published on the official website, and it will be based on the category that the applicant has applied for, as recommended by the Office of Commissioner by Pariksha Bhavan. Candidates can use their login credentials to monitor the status of their examinations. The following are the methods to obtain your admission card:
- Visit the KTET website at https://ktet.kerala.gov.in/index.php.
- A pop-up window will appear, displaying the most recent KTET exam notice.
- The form will display when you click on the notice.
- Fill up your registration id and password.
- Check that all of the information on the form is correct.
- Look for information such as the candidate’s photo, exam location, exam day and time, and application number.
- The KTET 2023 admission card will be presented on the screen.
- It is recommended that you download it and print the admit card for future use.
KTET Result 2023
The Office of the Commissioner for Government Examinations at Pariksha Bhavan will release the answer keys for the 2023 test first on the official website. The official notification of the KTET result will be posted on the site after 5 days. The registration number will be available for candidates to check. Following the exam’s successful completion. An interview will be scheduled for the candidate. Those who pass the test will receive a certificate from the state government, and those who present and pass the exam at more than one level will receive a separate certificate from the board.
Syllabus for KTET 2023
The entire syllabus for this particular exam can be divided into 4 categories. Given below is the list of topics covered in each of the counterparts:
The topics covered under category I of the paper are:
|I. Child Development And Pedagogy: Child Development and Learning
Concepts of inclusive education and understanding children with special needs
Learning and Pedagogy
|II. Language I – Malayalam/Kannada/Tamil
|III. Language II – English/Arabic
IV. Environmental Science
Building upon the foundation of category I, category II further covers:
|I. Child Development And Pedagogy:
Child Development [Elementary Child]Inclusive Education
Learning and Pedagogy
|II. Language I – Malayalam/English/Kannada/Tamil
|III. Language II – Malayalam/ English/ Hindi/ Arabic/ Urdu/ Sanskrit
IV. A. SCIENCE & MATHEMATICS
IV. B. SOCIAL SCIENCE
At this level, learning and psychology are also added. Particular topics are listed in the following table:
|Main Heads||Total Marks|
Theories Of Learning & Teaching Aptitude
|I. Language I – Malayalam/English/Tamil/Kannada
English: Comprehension, Elements of Language, Communication
Tamil: Reading Comprehension (Prose);
Reading Comprehension – Poem;
Elements of Language;
Kannada: Reading Comprehension (Prose);
Reading Comprehension – Poem;
Elements of Language; Communication
|Subject Specific Areas:
Sanskrit/Physical Science/Natural Science/Mathematics/Social Science
(History, Geography, Economics, Political Science, Pedagogy)]
These are language or vocation-based papers. These are:
- Physical Education
KTET 2022 Question Papers
Check out the sample papers here.
Authorities have placed no age restriction on applying for the KTET 2023 test.
The KTET test is not very difficult to pass. It is necessary to have a solid understanding of the issues that are vital for the preparation of a certain category. With this much effort, the candidate will undoubtedly pass the exam with flying colors.
No, the examinations are not the same. The Kerala government administers KTET, whereas the CBSE board administers CTET.
Needless to say, if you are aiming to appear for the KTET exam, working through a well-constructed plan is imperative. Take the assistance of our experts at Leverage Edu through a free 30 minutes career counseling session and get all geared up for your exam!