Among the various countries that are favoured for study abroad programs, Sweden has been consistently ranked among the top countries for studies owing to its flexible admission processes, quality education, and higher rates of satisfaction. Studying in Sweden provides students with a variety of opportunities. To maintain the flow of international students, one of the top universities in Sweden, the KTH Royal Institute of Technology has introduced a scholarship scheme for Indian students called the KTH India Scholarship. The scholarship was established in 2012 by virtue of a donation made by an anonymous donor. It offers eligible students a complete tuition fee for their postgraduate program in the university. Check the following blog for other details and requirements to apply for the KTH India Scholarship.
|Institution||KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden|
|Scholarship Distribution||Annual Distribution|
|Number of Scholarships Given||2 Scholarships awarded|
|Benefits||Tuition fee and monthly living allowance (10 months)|
|Application Deadline||Jan 15, 2021|
|Eligibility||Graduation from India|
Also Read: MS in Sweden
Students must check the eligibility criteria before enrolling for the KTH India Scholarship. If students meet conditional eligibility terms, they are also allowed to apply for the program. The scheme is merit-based and applicants must meet the requirements in order to be eligible for the scholarship program:
- Applicants must of Indian Nationality.
- Applicants must have completed their bachelor’s in an Indian-recognized university with satisfactory scores.
- All Students must be fee-paying students.
- Applicants must have applied for the Master’s program at KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
- Students must have KTH Royal Institute of Technology as their first priority for masters.
- The scholarship is not available for students who have applied for a joint master’s program.
Please Note: Students from India are eligible to apply for both the KTH India Scholarship as well as the KTH Scholarship to study abroad.
The selection of the candidate for the KTH India Scholarship is based on the academic excellence and merit of the student. Candidates must fulfill the basic admission criteria to be selected for the program. After assessment of the admission form, students who are selected for the scholarship will be based on:
- Candidate’s GPA or equivalent grades.
- The ranking of the university from which the applicant has passed their undergraduate course.
- Candidate’s record of extra-curricular activities.
- Work experience (if any) and how motivated is the candidate for pursuing their masters.
Please Note: The scholarship details specifically mention that priority will be given to Applicants from Mumbai Metropolitan Area and Pune.
The application procedure for the KTH India Scholarship is the same as the procedure for applying for a master’s program. Students can follow the points and enroll in the scholarship.
- Create an account for admission to a master’s program on the official site.
- Enter the personal details.
- Select the master’s program and provide further details.
- Enter the education qualifications and fill in the required tabs.
- Carefully compose an essay stating your motivation for your master’s studies and why do you deserve the scholarship.
- Check and Submit the application form.
There are only 2 awards given to Indian students who have applied for the scholarship and preference will be given to applicants from Mumbai Metropolitan Area and Pune. This indicates the competitiveness of the program. Selected candidates for the KTH India scholarship are awarded the complete tuition fee along with a living allowance during the first academic year of their master’s program (10 months) at KTH Royal Institute of Technology. The scholarship scheme can be renewable for the second year if the candidate maintains a good record of scores.
Must Read: Cost of studying in Sweden
Hope this blog helped you with the necessary requirements and eligibility details for the KTH India Scholarship. It is a unique opportunity for Indian students who wish to pursue their Master’s in their field of interest and they must avail themselves of the scholarship benefits. If you have any queries regarding the program or the application procedure to study in Sweden, reach out to the team at Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session.