The Hotel Management industry is one of the fastest-growing sectors that upholds a variety of lucrative job opportunities. The field encompasses trained professionals who are equipped with skills to tackle the challenges of the Hotel industry in a tranquil manner. The best way to get started towards learning the insights of the Hotel Management industry is to seek a Diploma in Hotel Management. So, in this blog, we have put together all the vital details about this Diploma course.
|Name of the Course||Diploma in Hotel Management|
|Examination Type||Semester Wise|
|Basic Eligibility||AT least 50% in 10+2 examinations with any stream|
|Top Job Profiles||Hotel Manager, Maintenance Manager, Restaurant Manager, Front Office Manager, Hotel Assistant, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Organizations||ITC, Taj Group, Oberoi Hotels, Hilton Group, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Colleges and Universities, Hotel Industry, Hotel Administration Management, Tourism Industry, and such.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2,00,000 to 6,00,000|
This Blog Includes:
- What is Diploma in Hotel Management?
- Why study Diploma in Hotel Management?
- Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management: Admission Process
- Syllabus of Diploma in Hotel Management
- Top Universities for Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management: Job and Career Prospects
What is Diploma in Hotel Management?
Amongst all the Hotel Management courses, a Diploma in Hotel Management is the best way towards getting started in the lavish industry of hospitality and hotel management. It familiarizes one with the right of expertise along with a quirky attitude that will further assist them in client management. The course focuses on a variety of functional areas such as hotel operations, event preparation along with various other managements.
Also Read: BSc Hotel Management
Why study Diploma in Hotel Management?
The Diploma in Hotel Management is a very interesting course. Other than the curriculum, the following are a few reasons as to why you should take up this course:
- The Diploma in Hotel Management provides you with a limitless career that you can steer into any direction you wish.
- The Hospitality industry is extremely dynamic. This means that there are new things coming up all the time. This would help you in learning new skills almost every single day.
- The hospitality industry is growing at a very fast pace. The job creation is outstanding and so is the salary range for freshers.
Eligibility Criteria for Diploma in Hotel Management
Like other career fields, in Hotel Management also there are some requisites that one must abide by while seeking admission in the course. Whether you are willing to pursue Diploma in Hotel Management in India or abroad, do not forget to check out the entry requirements.
- Basic education of 10+2 from a recognised institution with any stream
- A good score in English language proficiency exams like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- LOR and SOP
- Basic education of 10+2 from a recognised institution with any stream with 45-50% marks
- Some universities demand a good score in Hotel Management entrance exams like BVP CET, AIMA UGAT, AIHMCT WAT, etc
Also Read: Eligibility for Hotel Management in Canada
Diploma in Hotel Management: Admission Process
To apply for Diploma in Hotel Management, visit the university website, fill out the application and appear for entrance exams IELTS, TOEFL, etc. The application process for every university and country differs based on the course, nationality of the candidate, and list of requirements. If you want to ease the burden of the application process, then feel free to call our experts on 1800 572 000!
Syllabus of Diploma in Hotel Management
As we are discussing all the important details related to Diploma in HM, getting familiar with the Hotel Management subjects is another way of having an idea about it. Tabulated below is the syllabus of the course-
|Front Office Operation||Accommodation Operation|
|Basic Food Production||Basic Food Production|
|Basic Food and Beverage Service||Basic Food and Beverage Service|
|Nutrition Food Science||Health and Hygiene|
|Accommodation Practical I||Basic Food Production Practical I|
|Beverage Operations||Front Office Operation Practical|
|Principles of Management||Accommodation Operation Practical II|
|Principles of Accounting||Hotel Maintenance Practical|
|Hotel Maintenance||Industrial Exposure Training|
|Environmental Studies||Advance Food Production|
Top Universities for Diploma in Hotel Management
Here is a list of best Hotel Management colleges in the world–
- Ecole Hoteliere de Lausanne (EHL)
- Les Roches International School of Hotel Management, Bluche
- Glion Institute of Higher Education, Glion & Bulle
- Cornell University
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Torrents University Australia
- Victoria University
- Royal Roads University
- Indian School of Business Management and Administration
- Vels University
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition
- Amrapali Institute of Hotel Management
- Garden City University
- Indian Institute of Hospitality and Management
- YMCA Delhi
- Shree Devi College of Hotel Management
Check Out – Best Hotel Management Colleges in India
Diploma in Hotel Management: Job and Career Prospects
It is no doubt that Hotel Management is one of the most flourishing sectors, thus, you will be definitely secure a job upon completing the course. Hotel Management in itself is a vast domain and you can apply for a job either in the back office or front office. Apart from pursuing a job in the field, you can also go for earning a bachelor’s degree in the field. It will be the ideal step if you want to learn more about the hotel management industry. Let us take a look at the Hotel Management jobs that you can take up after finishing a diploma in Hotel Management-
|Assistant General Manager||INR 3,50,000|
|Restaurant Manager||INR 4,50,000|
|Front Office Manager||INR 3,00,000|
|Hotel Manager||INR 5,80,000|
|Maintenance Manager||INR 8,00,000|
|Bar Manager||INR 5,50,000|
|Guest Relations Executive||INR 3,00,000|
Check Out – Hotel Management Courses After 12th
The basic eligibility for this course is at least 50% in Class 12 from any stream along with marks in entrance exams set by the university.
The duration of the course is 1-2 years depending on the university
Some universities demand a good score in Hotel Management entrance exams like BVP CET, AIMA UGAT, AIHMCT WAT, etc
The course fees for a diploma in hotel management is Rs 10,000 to 2 lakh
Top recruiters for the graduates are ITC, Taj Group, Oberoi Hotels, Hilton Group, etc.
Thus, we hope that by the end of this blog on Diploma in Hotel Management, we have equipped you with all the important details about the course. Our experts at Leverage Edu can help you in pursuing this course in your dream university abroad. Sign-up for a free e-meeting with us today. Hurry up!