Opportunities in hospitality, travel, and tourism, including work in hotel management, are available in all nations. The hospitality sector has evolved into the definition of success. It has developed into a promising industry as a result of the rising number of employment opportunities. Globally, There are around 187,000 hotels in existence right now. Continue reading to learn more about the Master in Hotel Management in Australia if you too want to be a part of this developing industry.
|Name of the Course||Hotel Management|
|Type of Program||Master|
|Eligibility||UG in related fields with a minimum of 60%|
|Entrance Exam Required||TOEFL– 79IELTS-6.5PTE-58|
|Tuition Fee||15,000 AUD and 43,000 AUD(INR 7.93 Lakh to INR 22.75 Lakh)|
|Job Profile||Hotel Manager, Event Manager, Catering Manager|
|Average Salary||43,000 AUD (INR 22.75 Lakh) to 84,000 AUD (INR 44.44 Lakh) annually|
This Blog Includes:
What is Hotel Management?
Students who take hotel management courses learn about every aspect of how hotels run, including housekeeping, catering, front-desk operations, and lodging operations. It teaches students how to build hospitality etiquette, great interpersonal and communication skills, and a customer-oriented attitude because it is a service-oriented industry.
One can get a comprehensive understanding of hotel operations in a worldwide environment by obtaining a master’s in Hotel Management in Australia. Students can learn about the value of cultural understanding, effective corporate communication, social media usage, and grooming standards in addition to enhancing their leadership skills and traits. A Master’s in Hotel Management is available in Australia across four semesters, and it takes two years to finish.
Why Study Hotel Management in Australia?
- In Australia, there are many opportunities for social, cultural, and linguistic independence. The world’s greatest immigrant population resides there. Every major city, including Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, and Sydney, promotes a high quality of life by providing residents with access to first-rate medical and healthcare facilities, world-class infrastructure, reasonably priced housing, and a well-developed, technologically advanced transportation network.
- Australia offers countless chances to students who have earned a degree in hotel management. Those with degrees in hotel or hospitality can find employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including restaurants, travel agencies, hotels, and resorts.
- The industry offers flexible work hours, allowing professionals and students to select the shift that is best for them, whether it be morning, evening, or any other time in between. Additionally, Australia also enjoys a remarkable reputation for its food and wine.
- Australia continues to top the list of the best study abroad destinations for students from South and Southeast Asia, according to Navitas’ Agent Perception Survey.
- Australia’s hotel management sector has grown significantly over the past ten years, and by 2023, it’s predicted to employ 9,70,000 highly qualified workers.
Must Read: Australia: A perfect combination of Sports and Education!
Popular Universities Offering Masters in Hotel Management
There are 1,100 universities in Australia that provide more than 220,000 programs, eight of which are ranked among the top 100 in the world. It is a popular site for international students since the programs are taught by seasoned and well-regarded faculty and offer degrees with international recognition in a fun and collaborative setting.
Some of the popular universities offering Masters in Hotel Management are listed below;
|Name of the University||QS World Ranking 2023||Program Offered||Tuition Fee|
|University of Queensland||50||Masters degrees in Hotel, tourism, and event management (Major in Hotel Management)||AUD 84,544(INR 44.73 Lakh)|
|Griffith University||300||Masters in International Tourism and Hospitality Management||AUD 63,000(INR 33.33 Lakh)|
|La Trobe University||316||Masters of International Tourism and Hotel Management||AUD 30,000(INR 15.87 Lakh)|
|James Cook University||461||Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management||AUD 32,720 (INR 17.31 Lakh)|
|University of South Australia||363||Masters of International Tourism and Hotel Management||AUD 46,200(INR 24.44 Lakh)|
There are some general admission criteria for pursuing Masters in Cyber Security in Australia. Although the prerequisites listed below are available, they may vary based on your chosen speciality and university.
- Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks in related subjects. Moreover, some universities in Australia may require students to complete a bachelor’s in STEM courses
- IELTS– 6.5
- TOEFL iBT- 83
- PTE– 58-64
- Many institutions require 1-2 years of work experience, although it entirely depends on the university’s specific requirements.
Now that you have a clear understanding of the minimum eligibility for pursuing Masters in Cyber Security in Australia, let’s take a look at the documentation segment, which is one of the most crucial steps:
- Academic Transcripts from all attended universities/colleges
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- SOP/LORs (Varies from University to university)
- Financial Proofs
- Fellowships and internships are two ways to gain experience. Students are expected to provide letters of recommendation and letters of work experience with their applications.
Australia is one of the top countries for international education, with seven of its universities ranking among the top 100 worldwide. Without a doubt, the admissions committee seeks some of the most intelligent and talented individuals. Candidates should start the application process months before the program’s start date in order to differentiate themselves from the competition. Call our Leverage Edu professionals at 1800 572 000 to learn more about how to expedite your application. Here is a simple path you can follow to fulfil your goal of pursuing a Master’s in Hotel Management in Australia:
- Get in touch with our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist top colleges and programs. Apply to various colleges by starting your application through our single dashboard.
- Gather all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs, and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, etc
- Accept the offer letter and connect digitally with your professors, classmates, and housemates.
- Get your visa approved and depart for the college of your dreams
In order to study Master’s in Hotel Management in Australia students are required to apply for SUBCLASS 500 visa, and must provide several documents:
- Completed visa application form
- Visa fee payment receipt
- OSHC Health Insurance
- Acceptance Letter from the University
- Proof of Funds
Must Read: Study Loan For Australia: A Complete Guide
Despite the fact that Australian institutions are quite affordable, managing all of the costs alone when studying overseas is a significant challenge. Often scholarships help students lessen the financial strain of their education and other costs in order to pursue their aspirations. Let’s take a look at popular scholarships available;
|Name of the Scholarship||Amount Awarded (Annually)|
|International Advancement Scholarship||AUD 8000(INR 4.23 Lakh)|
|Neil Brice Memorial Fund||AUD 1000(INR 52,909)|
|Australian Awards||100% Tuition Fee|
|Destination Australian Program||AUD 15,000 (INR 7.93 Lakh)|
|Coffs Coast International Women’s Day Female Postgraduate Scholarship||AUD 2500(INR 1.32 Lakh) for one year|
Cost of Studying and Living in Australia
The cost of studying Masters in Hotel Management at Australian universities may range from 15,000 AUD and 43,000 AUD (INR 7.93 Lakh to INR 22.75 Lakh). But several scholarships that universities provide can assist in reducing the overall price of tuition at renowned institutions.
The cost of living in order to pursue a Master’s in Hotel Management in Australia may range from 20,000 AUD and 27,000 AUD (INR 10.58 Lakh to INR 14.28 Lakh). However, the cost is one such element that may completely depend on the lifestyle, accommodation, and depending on the location of the university. Sydney and Melbourne have constantly been listed as two of the world’s best cities for students. The QS Best Student Cities 2022 list has Melbourne and Sydney in sixth and eighth place, respectively. The students can enjoy high standards of living while paying reasonable prices.
A master’s degree in hotel management might help advance a career in Australian hospitality. Additionally, occupations in this field provide plenty of chances for travel and employment across the globe, adding to the industry’s interest and diversity. It is an evolving field and an average salary can range from 43,000 AUD (INR 22.75 Lakh) to 84,000 AUD (INR 44.44 Lakh) annually. Some of the popular job profiles include,
Ans: Undergraduate with a minimum of 60% and related job experience, a related bachelor’s degree
Ans: The International Centre for Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education, Charles Darwin University, and the University of Queensland, among others, are just a few of the highly regarded hotel management schools in Australia.
Ans: On average graduates can earn from 43,000 AUD (INR 22.75 Lakh) to 84,000 AUD (INR 44.44 Lakh) annually.
Professionals in the field of hotel management and the hospitality sector are in high demand, and having experience in Australia gives a candidate an advantage. To begin your path of international education and realise your dream of receiving a degree of Master in Hotel Management in Australia, get in touch with our professionals at Leverage Edu