CBSE has decided to extend a scholarship programme for single girl children with a hope to promote education among girl children and to remove the financial burden which might restrict them from completing their education. Let us explore the details of CBSE single girl child scholarship in this blog!
|Scholarship type||Merit based|
Only for single girl children
|Eligibility study level||Passed CBSE class 10th exam with minimum 60% marks|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 500/month|
|Mode of payment||ECS/NEFT|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
To be eligible for this CBSE Merit scholarship Scheme targeting single girl children the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have passed class X board exams with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Must be enrolled into class XI or XII in a school where the monthly fee is not more than 1,500/month.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen. NRI applicants of the board are also eligible to apply. In the case of an NRI candidate, the monthly school fee must be below 6000/month.
- Candidate must be a single girl child
Renewal of Scholarship
Check out the guidelines to renew the CBSE single girl child scholarship:
- The scholarship can be accessed by a candidate twice in her lifetime i.e., one during her study in XI standard and one in XII. After completion of class XI, the candidate could renew her scholarship in case she has passed with more than 50% marks.
- If the candidate fails to meet any of the requirements of the scholarship during the middle of the term, the scholarship could be terminated.
- Being a merit based scholarship,the candidate must be regular in school with good attendance and record. Otherwise, the Scholarship wouldn’t be removed by CBSE.
- If the scholarship is terminated once, it cannot be renewed
Must Read: Prerana Odisha Scholarships
- The selected candidates will be paid a fixed amount of Rs. 500 per month.
- The maximum duration of this single child Scholarship programme is 2 years.
- The Scholarship payment would be made through ECS (Electronic Clearing System) or NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer)
Other Requirements for Single Girl Child Scholarship
Apart from fulfilling the basic requirements, the candidate must submit the following documents to complete the selection procedure of this single girl child Scholarship.
- An affidavit attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notary.
- An undertaking attested by the principle of the school for where the candidate is pursuing her class XI or XII education.
Must Read: MCM Scholarships 2020-21
This is all that you needed to know about the CBSE single girl child scholarship scheme. If you want to remain well informed about other such Scholarships, keep following Leverage Edu. We will keep you updated about all such opportunities.