CBSE has decided to extend a scholarship programme for single girl children with a hope to promote education among girl children and to remove the financial burden which might restrict them from completing their education. Let us explore the details of CBSE single girl child scholarship in this blog!
|Scholarship type||Merit based
Only for single girl children
|Eligibility study level||Passed CBSE class 10th exam with minimum 60% marks|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 500/month|
|Mode of payment||ECS/NEFT|
This Blog Includes:
- What is the CBSE Girl Scholarship?
- Key dates for CBSE Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
- Renewal of Scholarship
- Scholarship Amount
- Other Requirements for Single Girl Child Scholarship
- How to Apply for CBSE Scholarship?
- Application Process of Renewal
- Other CBSE Scholarships
- Other Scholarships
What is the CBSE Girl Scholarship?
This is a great initiative undertaken by CBSE to help single girl children of families who need financial help for further studies. This will ensure that all the girls who want to study get the education they deserve. This step of CBSE has been appreciated a lot and is a great step towards girl education which is a much-needed reform in India.
Key dates for CBSE Scholarship
Students can apply for the CBSE Scholarship between the months of September and October. The applications are considered every year around the same time. However, the dates for fresh and renewal applications may not be the same. Here is a table of all the important dates for CBSE Scholarship 2020
|1.||Last date for online application
(fresh and renewal)
|10th December 2020|
|2.||Last date for hard-copy submission of the application
(fresh and renewal)
|28th December 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
To be eligible for this CBSE Merit scholarship Scheme targeting single girl children the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have passed class X board exams with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Must be enrolled into class XI or XII in a school where the monthly fee is not more than 1,500/month.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen. NRI applicants of the board are also eligible to apply. In the case of an NRI candidate, the monthly school fee must be below 6000/month.
- Candidate must be a single girl child
Renewal of Scholarship
Check out the guidelines to renew the CBSE single girl child scholarship:
- The scholarship can be accessed by a candidate twice in her lifetime i.e., one during her study in XI standard and one in XII. After completion of class XI, the candidate could renew her scholarship in case she has passed with more than 50% marks.
- If the candidate fails to meet any of the requirements of the scholarship during the middle of the term, the scholarship could be terminated.
- Being a merit based scholarship,the candidate must be regular in school with good attendance and record. Otherwise, the Scholarship wouldn’t be removed by CBSE.
- If the scholarship is terminated once, it cannot be renewed
Must Read: Prerana Odisha Scholarships
- The selected candidates will be paid a fixed amount of Rs. 500 per month.
- The maximum duration of this single child Scholarship programme is 2 years.
- The Scholarship payment would be made through ECS (Electronic Clearing System) or NEFT (National Electronic Fund Transfer)
The number of scholarships disbursed per year is not set. However, the total number of scholarships ranges from 1400 to 1600 (approx.), taking into account figures from previous years. Find below the table highlighting the number of scholars who have gained over the years from this scholarship.
|Sl no.||Particulars||Number of applications|
|1||Fresh applications in 2013||1451|
|2||Renewal applications in 2013 for 2014||962|
|3||Fresh applications in 2014||1570|
|4||Renewal applications in 2014 for 2015||977|
|5||Fresh applications in 2015||1631|
|6||Renewal applications in 2015 for 2016||938|
|7||Fresh applications in 2016||1321|
|8||Fresh applications in 2018||1333|
Other Requirements for Single Girl Child Scholarship
Apart from fulfilling the basic requirements, the candidate must submit the following documents to complete the selection procedure of this single girl child Scholarship.
- An affidavit attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notary.
- An undertaking attested by the principle of the school for where the candidate is pursuing her class XI or XII education.
Must Read: MCM Scholarships 2020-21
How to Apply for CBSE Scholarship?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for fresh applications –
- Firstly, you have to visit the online application page on the official CBSE website
- Choose Fresh Application to start the procedure
- Enter your class 10 CBSE board exam roll number and date of birth.
- Fill the form that appears on the screen, make sure you read everything carefully and fill the right details.
- After you have filled the form, submit it and note the registration number for future reference.
- Next, you will have to take a printout of the Undertaking in the given format.
- Fill the Undertaking, paste a recent passport size photograph and get it attested from your school.
- Now, you will have to prepare an Affidavit as per the guidelines.
- After this, you will have to upload a pdf of the scanned undertaking and affidavit in the “Upload Documents” section.
- After submission of the form, go to the “Print Confirmation” option to get the confirmation document.
Application Process of Renewal
Here is a step-by-step guide for application for Renewal of Scholarship –
- Go on scholarship section on the CBSE site
- Now you will have to download the scholarship renewal form
- Next, read the form carefully and fill in all the required details
- Now, attach all the supporting documents like class 11 marksheet, passbook etc.
- After filling the form and attaching the documents, send it to the following address with “Application for CBSE Merit Scholarship for SGC X F – 2 (Renewal)” written on the envelope –
Assistance Secretary (Scholarship), CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110092
Other CBSE Scholarships
Apart from the Scholarship for a single girl child, CBSE also has the Udaan Scholarship. It is also an important education initiative for girls. Under this scheme, to prepare for the engineering entrance exam, girl students who are studying in class 11 will receive free study material (either online or offline). The goal of the scheme is to increase the participation rate of girls at the country’s premier engineering colleges.
The government has many National Scholarships to help Indian students achieve their academic aspirations. Apart from CBSE, there are various other institutions that offer scholarships to students to ensure that they get the best education such as HDFC Scholarship, Bihar Scholarships, Moma Scholarship etc.
This is all that you needed to know about the CBSE single girl child scholarship scheme. If you want to remain well informed about other such Scholarships, keep following Leverage Edu. We will keep you updated about all such opportunities.