Established in 1949, University of New South Wales, typically branded as ‘UNSW Sydney’ is a public research university located in the suburb of Kensington, Sydney. Whether we talk about Rebel Wilson, an Australian Actress; Marise Payne, the Australian Minister for Defence; or Shaun Gladwell, the contemporary artist, all have UNSW Sydney as their Alma Mater. The varsity has produced more millionaires than any other Australian University in this span of 68 years, according to Spear’s Wealth Management Survey. Let us know more about some intriguing facts and figures concerning UNSW Sydney-
- With 58 undergraduate and 9 postgraduate courses, UNSW Australia offers a diversified set of options for the students to choose from, corresponding to their interests.
- The university offers bachelor degrees ranging from 3 to 4 years and combined & dual degrees ranging from 4 to 7 years across 8 faculties including:
1. Art & Design
2. Arts & Social Sciences
3. Built Environment
4. Business School
- Additionally, the university has also associated with the National Institute of Dramatic Art.
- In the ARWU 2017 subject rankings, UNSW had more subjects than any other Australian University, including Finance, Law, Civil Engineering, Mining & Mineral Engineering and Water Resources.
- For high achieving students, there are various scholarships and support programs offered by the university.
- The varsity houses around 40,000 students, out of which, a little over 14,000 come from across the globe.
- 72% of the total students are pursuing an undergraduate course from the university.
- The university is known for its international faculty, out of the total staff members, more than 50% are international.
- The Male: Female ratio at UNSW approximates to 9:11.
- UNSW has an alumni community of 250,000 that spans the world.
- The main campus, located in Kensington (Sydney) is divided into 2 areas namely- ‘Upper Campus’ and ‘Lower Campus’, separated majorly by an elevation rise between the Scientia building and the quadrangle. It takes roughly around 15 minutes to walk from one corner to the other.
- UNSW also features Ucroo’s digital campus which intelligently and seamlessly connects the university body.
- The university also has field stations and additional campuses in Coogee, Dee Why, Fowlers Gap, Cowan Botany, Manly Vale, Albury, Port Macquarie, Bankstown Airport and Coffs Harbour.
- Also, there are a number of music and theatre venues at the varsity, which is available to the general public for hire.
- According to the QS World University Rankings 2017, UNSW was ranked 45th globally, 3rd in Australia and 1st in New South Wales.
- QS WU placed it at 5th spot in rankings by subject for Engineering in Mineral & Mining.
- For graduate employability ranking, UNSW attained the 36th spot globally.
- It successfully managed to score 5-star ratings across 10 categories, according to the Australian Good University Guides 2014, which was more than any other Australian University.
For those of you who are looking for an immense research-intensive learning experience, this university needs to be among your top considerations. The first step towards getting into UNSW Sydney is as simple as getting the right information about it. We, at Leverage, play that very role of a guiding hand, so that getting into your dream college does not remain a dream throughout.
– Team Leverage.