The United Kingdom is one such country that has a number of different universities for all kinds of students. These are some of the best in the world not just in terms of knowledge but also in terms of the history they represent. It is a very popular spot for international students who wish to pursue their higher education. One such university that we recall which is long known for offering the best-in-class education is Bournemouth University. It provides exposure to its students and pushes them to think and innovate outside the stipulated coursework. The employment opportunities for graduates from Bournemouth are immense. This blog provides you with all the information about the Bournemouth University admissions and a lot more.
|University Name||Bournemouth University|
|Motto in English||To Learn is to Change|
|Location||Bournemouth, England, UK|
|No. of Campus||2|
|Graduate Employment Rate||92.3%|
|IELTS score||Bachelor’s or Master’s programmes: 6
Research degree programmes: 6.5
|Faculties||The university has 4 major faculties:
Health and Social Sciences
Media and Communications
Science and Technology
|Intakes||January and September|
This Blog Includes:
Know more about the Top Universities in UK for International Students
About Bournemouth University
Before knowing more about the Bournemouth Unversity admissions and application process, let’s shed some more light on the history and background of this famous university. Bournemouth University is a highly regarded public university in the Dorset region of South West England, United Kingdom. Bournemouth Municipal College, which became Bournemouth College of Technology in the 1970s, had its beginnings in the early 1900s. In 1990, it was renamed a polytechnic institute. Under its current name, the school was granted university status and degree-granting authority in 1992. It is a member of the Florence Network and is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities. BU has two campuses, one in Poole (Talbot Campus) and the other in Bournemouth (Lansdowne Campus). The University Library, located on the Talbot Campus in Fern Barrow, Poole, is home to a unique collection of printed and electronic reference books, study guides, journals, databases, and e-books that may be accessed by both students and teachers. Bournemouth University promotes a varied community of cultures and races, with around 18,000 students from 125 nations. A total of 2,610 international students make up the student body.
Bournemouth University Rankings & Recognition
The below table depicts the stunning national and international rankings and recognitions that Bournemouth University has achieved:
|The Complete University Guide (2022)||#86|
|The Best UK Universities 2022- The Guardian||#65|
|Times / Sunday Times (2022)||#94|
|QS World University Rankings 2022||751-800|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||351-400|
|Teaching Excellence Framework||Silver|
Did you know: The university received the Queen’s Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education in 2011 for “world-class computer animation instruction with vast scientific and artistic applications,” and the Prime Minister lauded the institution’s courses in Parliament in 2014.
Here is a list of some of the popular undergraduate and postgraduate courses for aspirants seeking admissions at Bournemouth University for 2022:
|LLB (Hons) Law||MEng (Hons) Engineering|
|BA (Hons) Accounting, Finance and Economics||MLit (Hons) English|
|BSc (Hons) Design Engineering||MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering|
|BA (Hons) History||MDEs (Hons) Product Design|
|BSc (Hons) Forensic Investigation||MBA|
|BSc (Hons) Psychology||MSc International Management|
|BA (Hons) Marketing Communications with Public Relations||MSc Information Technology|
|BA Business Studies||MSc Tourism Management|
|BSc Computing||MSc Finance|
|MSc Marketing Management|
Bournemouth University Admission/Application Process
Mentioned below is a general outlook of the Bournemouth University admissions process for applicants and aspirants who are considering for Bournemouth University admissions in the UK
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Important Note: Students can apply for admission to the institution twice a year, for sessions beginning in February and September, respectively. The UCAS application deadline is set for January 26, 2022.
Bournemouth University Admissions Requirements
Although the admission or eligibility criteria will change as per the course selected by the applicant and level of program, here is a brief overview of the general Bournemouth University admissions requirements for international students:
- For bachelor’s courses, successful completion of 10+2 with atleast 60% aggregate marks.
- For master’s courses, successful completion of the bachelors degree in relevant fields of study (depending upon the course you choose).
- Candidates will also be requiring IELTS score of atleast 6.0 for undergraduate programmes and 6.5 for postgraduate programmes.
- Candidates can aslp be asked for other test scores like GMAT/GRE depending upon the programme chosen.
- The university might also call prospective students for a personal interview round.
Enlisted below is a list of all the important and supporting documents that would be required for Bournemouth University admissions:
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- UK student Visa
- Updated CV/Resume
- Portfolio (if asked or required)
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
Cost of Studying at Bournemouth University
Here is the average estimated annual cost of tuition fees for students seeking admissions at Bournemouth University in 2022: The average fee of studying at Bournemouth University is as follows:
|Level of Study||Average Estimated Annual FeesFees (GBP)||Average Estimated Annual Fees Fees (INR)|
|Undergraduate||£14100 -£5000||14,99,741 – 19,99,655|
|Postgraduate||£6500 -£12000||6,49,887 – 11,99,793|
Know in detail about the Cost of Studying in UK for Indian Students!
Bournemouth University Scholarships
Given below is a list of scholarships available for international students seeking admissions at Bournemouth University. Kindly note that most of the scholarships are offered in a form of tuition fee waivers.
- British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships: Ranked one of the top scholarships in the UK, British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships to study in the UK is an international awards scheme that gives complete financial support for the one-year postgraduate programs in the country.
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree Scholarship: Erasmus Mundus is an international study programme, launched by the European Union to increase cooperation between the EU and the rest of the world. Erasmus Mundus provides scholarships to all those students who wish to pursue a joint master’s degree from any college affiliated with the Erasmus Mundus programme.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships: Awarded to students who are permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country and hold a first degree at either first-class or upper-second class level
- Academic Excellence Scholarship: Awarded to students with a minimum of an upper second-class Honours degree from a UK university, or equivalent
- BU Sport Scholarship: Awarded to High performing sportspeople with the desire to continue to develop.
Over 150 courses across different levels of study are offered by Bournemouth University. All of these are available to international students.
Undergraduate applicants applying to Bournemouth University through UCAS applicants must pay GBP 20 to GBP 26 for undergraduate courses. There is no application fee for postgraduate admissions unless applied via UCAS. Students can directly pay through debit or credit cards.
The university sends admission confirmation through email or the applicant portal, myHub. It usually takes 4-6 weeks to receive the university’s response once students complete the application formalities. You can also check the status of your application through the UCAS portal or the university’s admission page.
In order to study at Bournemouth University, make sure you avail the 30-minutes of FREE counselling session from top experts at Leverage Edu at 1800572000, who will guide you through the entire application process.