STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) courses have been widely famous lately and have become a guarantee of success. Millions of students apply for STEM courses every year. Since these fields offer exciting opportunities, virtually every university teaches STEM Courses. To motivate students to join STEM courses, universities offer multiple STEM Scholarships. If you are also interested in these courses, then read ahead as provide you with the top STEM scholarships for different courses:
This Blog Includes:
What are STEM Scholarships
STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. These are provided that basically focus on the STEM fields. Major is required in these fields for Students to apply for this scholarship. It will confirm the contribution of students in the work field in those areas.
Education nowadays has become very expensive. So like any other rewards, they will make your educational expenses. But quite like any award, they make going to college more affordable. Scholarships could be used apart from your Education, it can also be used for tuition, room, supplies, etc.
The best part about STEM scholarships is that they don’t have multiple criteria. For instance, some scholarships are open to any student pursuing the major course only.
The very basic eligibility is as follows:-
- The candidate must have cleared a Bachelors or Master degree in any stream in case of Masters or PhD respectively
- Must have passed 10+2 with 80%.
- Must pursue a degree in engineering or medicine course.
- Annual Income of the family must be below 8 LPA.
Types of STEM Scholarships
- Scholarships for STEM Majors
- For Undergraduates
- For Graduate Students
- For Women
- For Minorities
- For Minority Students
- For LGBTQ
Scholarships for STEM Majors
The main objective of the students applying for this scholarship is that the students have a major in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and have interest in these areas. If you’re not interested in these fields, then you are not on this scholarship.
STEM Scholarships for Undergraduates
There are lots of STEM Scholarships available to undergrads which allows the students to start their education while keeping their financial costs low. Eligibility criteria are available so students can choose precisely the scholarships they’re applying to. Following STEM scholarships are available for Undergraduate students:-
- AIAA Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships Program (Multiple Opportunities)
- ASDSO Scholarship
- ASME Scholarships Program (Multiple Opportunities)
- BMW/SAE Engineering Scholarship
- Herbert Levy Memorial Scholarship
- Microsoft Scholarship Program
- Peggy Dixon Scholarship
- Scholarship America Dream Award (Multiple Opportunities)
- Steinman Scholarship
- USRA Scholarship Award (Multiple Opportunities)
STEM Scholarships for Postgraduates
Here are some STEM Scholarships for Graduate students:-
- AFB Paul and Ellen Ruckes Scholarship (Must be Legally Blind; Also Open to Undergrads)
- American Nuclear Society Scholarship Program (Also Open to Undergraduate Students)
- DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship
- Masergy STEM Scholarship Program (Also Open to Undergrad Students)
Also Read: MBA STEM Courses in USA
Scholarships for Women in STEM
Women are also getting advantages in the areas of STEM. The following awards and scholarships are provided to them:-
- ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention, Inc. Academic Scholarship
- AWIS Kirsten R. Lorentzen Award
- Aysen Tunca Memorial Scholarship
- BHW Scholarship
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) Scholarship
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program
Also Read: STEM for Girls by IBM
STEM Scholarships for Minorities
The underrepresented groups of the Societies are provided with various scholarships which are as follows:-
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program (Graduate Students Only)
- Generation Google Scholarship
- NACME Minority Engineering Scholarships
- NSHSS Foundation Scholarships (Multiple Opportunities)
- SSAI Underrepresented Student Scholarship
LGBTQ Community needs to be recognised! Their actual talents are yet to be flourished. So out of innovative scholarships there is for LGBTQ community.
- LGBTQ The Out to Innovative Scholarships
How to Apply?
The steps to apply for STEM Scholarships are very simple. Please check it out:
- All you have to do is visit the official website of the scholarship you want to apply for.
- Register yourself with your email/Phone no. And set up a password
- After successful registration, login using the credentials
- Click on apply now.
- Submit the requisite documents
- And finalise the submission.
- STEM Courses in Canada
- STEM Courses in USA, UK, Canada, India
- STEM Universities In USA for International Students
- STEM Courses in USA
So this was all about the STEM Scholarships. If you are planning to take up one of the STEM Courses, reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu for a FREE consultation call who will assist you from choosing the best university to the most suitable scholarship for you.