The United Kingdom is popularly known for offering one-year master’s programs in diverse fields like finance, business, public policy. But did you know that there are several UK universities that offer 2-year masters to students who wish to study in the country? Let’s find out how you can excel in your career with a two-year master’s from the UK!
Must Read: How to Transfer Universities in UK?
This Blog Includes:
- 2-Year Masters in UK
- Popular 2- year Masters Courses in UK
- Top 10 Universities in the UK for Masters Programs
- Affordable Universities Offering 2 year Masters Programs
- Application Process
- Documents Required for Admission
- Student Visa
- Post Study Work Visa
- Cost of Studying in the UK
- Scholarships Available
2-Year Masters in UK
A 2-years master’s in the UK provides you the time and opportunities to enhance your qualification by completing internships, researching, or studying in an exchange program with another foreign university. Here are some benefits of pursuing a 2-year masters in UK:
- Apply your knowledge and skills in a real world setting
- Gain valuable experience, which will enhance your CV
- Enjoy a wider experience of study and culture in the UK
- Benefit during holidays as you can gain more experience, travel or relax
Must Read: Top UK Universities Every Football Player Must Check Out!
Popular 2- year Masters Courses in UK
- Adult Nursing
- Advanced Electrical Power Systems Engineering
- Anthropological Research
- Applied Mathematics
- Arts Management, Policy and Practice
- Classics and Ancient History
- Clinical Research
- Composition (Instrumental and Vocal music)
- Film Studies
- Global Health
- Health Psychology
- Human Rights – Political Science
- International Development
- International Political Economy (Research)
- International Relations
- Model-based Drug Development
- Political Science – European Politics & Policy Pathway
- Psychology of Education
- Real Estate Development
- Social Work
- Translation and Interpreting Studies
Top 10 Universities in the UK for Masters Programs
|QS WUR Rankings 2022||University|
|2||University of Oxford|
|3||University of Cambridge|
|7||Imperial College London|
|8||University College London (UCL)|
|16||University of Edinburgh|
|27||The University of Manchester|
|35||King’s College London (KCL)|
|49||London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)|
Affordable Universities Offering 2 year Masters Programs
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Birmingham City University
- University of Buckingham
- University of Derby
- University of Gloucestershire
- University of Greenwich
- University of Hertfordshire
- Northumbria University
- University of Law
- Leeds Trinity University
- London School of Commerce
- London Metropolitan University
- Middlesex University
- University of Northampton
- Plymouth University
- Staffordshire University
In order to apply to master’s courses in the UK, you need to visit the website of the universities you wish to apply to and fill out the application form for the same. Listed below are some general eligibility requirements. These may vary from institution to institution.
Documents Required for Admission
Students must meet the basic eligibility requirements mentioned below to be considered for admission in a master’s course in the United Kingdom:
- Copy of a valid passport
- Scorecard of English proficiency tests like TOEFL/IELTS/C1 Advanced. (Some universities exempt students from this if they meet the set criteria)
- GMAT/GRE Score
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendations (LOR)
- Portfolio (for specific courses)
- A CV (if applicable)
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Also Read : What are the Requirements to Study in UK
You can choose from two types of Visa while studying in the United Kingdom, a Tier 4 Student Visa or a Short Term Visa. For more information, click here to learn about how to get a student visa in the UK. If you wish to work in the UK following your graduation, you will require a Post Study Work Visa.
Must Read: Reasons Why Your MAYBE UK Student Visa was Rejected!
International students are generally provided with the following options when it comes to internships”
- Vocational Internships – These involve vocational training that focuses on developing technical skills for a specific job or trade. It offers a student with practical knowledge in the field, in contrast to the theoretical knowledge one learns in the classroom.
- Research Internships – Research internships require you to work under a professor or a R&D corporation, to aid them in their research and observe and learn from them.
Must Read: UK Universities that Offer Paid Internships
Post Study Work Visa
The Post Study Work Visa (PSWV) is a temporary visa that gives international students the chance to live, study, and work in any post or career path once they finish school. This post-study work visa route in the UK is open to anybody, including students of Indian descent with valid immigration status in the UK. All students of a UK Higher Education Provider-approved institution are eligible for the Graduate Route. International students can now stay in the UK for 2 years after graduation and 3 years after completing their PhD program after the new work permit. It is recommended to stay up-to-date with VISA-related news as the policies change routinely.
Cost of Studying in the UK
The annual tuition fees for Masters in the UK can be anywhere between 10,000 GBP to 42,000 GBP (INR 9-40 Lakh). The annual fees also depend upon the university and the department. The final cost is determined by factors like scholarships and grants conferred upon the candidate.
Must Read: Universities Issuing CAS Letters Under 2000!
- University of Reading Master’s Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarships
- CastleSmart Scholarships
- Cardiff University Elite International Scholarships
- Clarendon Scholarships by University of Oxford
- University of Edinburgh Global Scholarships
- Queen’s University Belfast International Scholarships
- British Chevening Scholarships for International Scholarships
- Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Degree Scholarship
- GREAT Scholarships
- A.S Hornby Educational Trust Scholarship
- Felix Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarship
Make Your Scores Skyrocket with Leverage Live Experts!
Advanced Electrical Power Systems Engineering
Arts Management, Policy and Practice
Classics and Ancient History
Composition (Instrumental and Vocal music)
Human Rights – Political Science
International Political Economy (Research)
The average cost of studying Masters in the UK is 10,000 GBP to 42,000 GBP (INR 9-40 Lakh).
A 2-years master’s in the UK provides you the time and opportunities to enhance your qualification by completing internships, researching, or studying in an exchange program with another foreign university
Thinking about pursuing a 2-year Master’s in the UK for January intake 2022? Then connect with our Leverage Edu experts today on 1800 57 2000 and kickstart your UK dream!