UK Student Visa is important for all the students planning to move to UK for higher education! Do you know many students who get an admit to their dream university have to stay back in the country because their Visa application gets rejected? If you are someone who is yet to apply for UK Visa, then this blog is for you! Read on to know some common mistakes that students make along with UK student Visa rejection reasons!
This Blog Includes:
Common Reasons for UK Visa Rejection
While applying for UK Visa, make sure you follow the guidelines properly. All the mentioned instructions are to be followed. Cross-check your application before submitting it. Given below are some common UK Student Visa rejection reasons based on the application:
- Submitting soft copies or duplicate copies of the original documents
- Submitting incomplete documents
- Failure in the credibility interview
- Not meeting the strict student UK Visa rules, for example, not meeting or maintaining the required funds in your account for 28 days
- Failure to meet financial requirements for the courses you opt for
- Violation of Visa conditions on the previous visit
- Visa denial or Visa refusal due to Past Criminal records.
Also Read: Visa Sponsorship Jobs in UK
Additional UK Student Visa Rejection Reasons
Here are some additional UK Student Visa rejection reasons:
- Failure to submit an ATAS certification (if your course is subjected to this particular requirement)
- Submitting old or expired financial documents or submitting financial documents of your relatives (i.e. non-parental financial documents)
- Mistakes and eligible forms – This common reason refers to the mistake students make to fill the Visa form with a casual approach that results in refusal of your form or pending of your form for 6 months.
- Another common reason is failing to describe the purpose of Visa application, inability to state correct visa category, stating an unclear visa journey, also not stating the intent of issuing your Visa application all lead to an erroneous or eligible visa form.
- Failure to provide relationship documents: whether you are going with your dependants or spouse or going as dependants or spouse. Evidence of your relationship with the visa applicant is a must and it could lead to a refusal for lack of evidence.
- Inability to respond to the Home Office request or queries on time or given deadlines.
To know the right way to apply for a UK Visa, read our blog on UK Visa Application!
What to do After UK Student Visa Rejection?
- Reapply after refusal of an entry clearance application
- opt for reconsideration, which has a limited scope and is only possible for certain types of leave to remain applications.
- Lodge an appeal if there is a right of appeal. For instance, an applicant can file an immigration appeal against a spouse visa refusal on human rights grounds. However, the immigration appeal time limit is 10, 5 and 28 days for in-country, detention, and entry clearance appeals.
- File an Administrative Review (AR), which is mostly available after refusal of point-based (PBS), leave to remain and ILR application with no right of appeal. Therefore, it is not available to certain types of applicants such as visitors, spouse, family settlements etc. Moreover, an applicant needs to file an Administrative Review within 28 or 14 days after the UK visa refusal letter.
- Opt for Judicial Review (JR) if there is no right of appeal and there are errors in the decision. Moreover, if an applicant has a right to an AR, then can only file a judicial review after AR. However, an applicant should file a judicial review promptly and, in any event, within 3 months of the UK visa refusal letter.
For more information click here!
Tips to Avoid UK Student Visa Rejection
Hope you understood the most common UK Student Visa rejection reasons. Now let us take you through some simple ways to avoid these mistakes:
- Make sure that you know how much money you need to show for your visa application.
Ensure that the required amount has been saved in your (or your parents’) bank account for at least 28 continuous days before you submit your visa application.
- Make sure that the money in the account has not dipped below the required level, even for one day during the last 28 days.
- Make sure that your financial evidence is recent, the statement or bank letter is issued within 31 days, at the time you apply for your visa.
Also Read: UK Post Study Work Visa
This depends on the reasons or factors addressed in the refusal letter received. If it is something that will result in another visa refusal then you may not be able to come and study in the UK. If you are already in the UK and your previous visa has already expired then you may have to return home. Your options will be discussed with the advisor or counsellor given to you for a query.
No, the fee you have paid for your visa application is for it to be processed and a decision to be made, regardless of the decision itself. You will however be refunded the fee for the Immigration Health Surcharge if applicable.
In most cases, you will be given the right to an administrative review also abbreviated as AR. This is where you believe the decision to refuse your application was incorrect and you request that UKVI look at the application again. You will be given instructions in your decision letter on how to apply for an administrative review.
The home office shall take each situation on a case by case basis. Depending on the reasons for your visa refusal and your circumstances, your offer may be withdrawn or if you are already studying with any university in the UK, you may be withdrawn from the course. This can be discussed in detail if the situation were to arise.
Applied outside of the UK – you must complete the administrative review form included with your decision letter and post it to the address on the letter within 28 days of receiving your refusal notice. There is no fee for this service.
Applied inside the UK – you need to complete an online form within 14 days of receiving your refusal notice. This will cost £80 but this will be refunded if the decision to refuse your application is overturned.
Did this blog on UK Student Via rejection reasons help you? Let us know in the comment section below. If you further have more queries or need help with Visa application, then our Leverage Edu experts are just a call away!