World Kindness Day is celebrated every year on 13 November. The day is observed as an international holiday in many countries including USA, Canada, Italy and India. World Kindness Movement is an official NGO under Swiss law, the organization was the first to observe World Kindness Day. World Kindness Movement also outline the purpose of World Kindness Day. The belief is “to highlight the good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness which binds us.” The day has received global recognition from people around the world with the hope of building a happier, kinder future.
“Be Kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle” – Plato
History and Significance
World Kindness Movement first introduce the observation of World Kindness Day. The organization has its roots stretched back to a convention in Tokyo in 1997. Many other institutions and associations from around the world including Australia, The United States, The United Kingdom and Thailand also assembled for this conference with an aim of championing kindness in society. This event formed the initial configuration of the World Kindness Movement along with a written declaration of their establishment stating their “ pledge to join together to build a kinder and more compassionate world.” However, official recognition from the United Nations is still awaited for World Kindness Day to join the ranks of observance like World Health Day, International Day of Peace and Human Rights Day.
“Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life” – Jackie Chan
How is it Celebrated?
Kindness is an everlasting quality. This quality should be celebrated every day and this can be done in the following ways:
- In Israel, it is celebrated by doing good deeds for others in the community
- You can fund a charity or organize a fundraiser for the less fortunate in the society
- Many schools and institutions celebrate this day by donating goods to NGOs and other shelters
- You can also choose to do volunteer work for the local or regional community.
- Many people also visit and donate in animal centres and care homes
- This day has attracted people from all around the world. They participate in dances, and concerts and have flash mobs to spread the message of kindness
- Kindness Cards are distributed among people to promote the message of kindness and encourage people to help in prevailing kindness in the world with acts of kindness
“Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible” – Dalai Lama
Few Acts of Kindness
Kindness can be found in the smallest gestures with pure intentions. Here are a few acts of kindness to bring a smile to people’s faces:
- You can write sweet acrostic poems or love poems for your near and dear ones
- Being humble can go a long way like holding the door for someone, complimenting others or just being polite to others and appreciating their efforts work like a charm
- Be extra affectionate on this day by offering hugs to your friends and loved ones. Also in this digital you can send sweet messages or GIFS to appreciate the people in your life.
- You can make someone’s day by paying a surprise visit to them or call-up to remind them that you have their back.
- Kindness is found in the moments of sharing. You can share your food with someone and show your care towards them. The small gestures of lending your books, clothes, or even a helping hand to someone in need.
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you” – Princess Diana
“Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see” – Mark Twain
Ans: World Kindness Day is celebrated every year on 13 November.
Ans: World Kindness Movement is an official NGO under Swiss law, the organization was the first to observe World Kindness Day.
A. This day can be celebrated in the following ways:
In Israel, the day is celebrated by doing good deeds for others in the community;
You can fund a charity or organize a fundraiser for the less fortunate in the society;
Many schools and institutions celebrate this day by donating goods to NGOs and other shelters
Kindness is the light we all can shine on other people in the world and even ourselves to brighten our way of life. And we hope that this blog has provided you with relevant information on World Kindness Day.