Israel is a hub rich culture and history that attracts a flock of tourists every year. However, there is minimal discussion surrounding the educational opportunities and academic prospects that are booming in Israel. Within a short span of 72 years since its inception, Israel has evolved into an economically prosperous, technologically developed country, earning the “start-up nation” title. The reason for astonishing development is credited solely to its world-class higher education system that is rival to none. If you are looking for colleges to study in Israel, then read on to find out why Israel might be one of the best choices for you.
This Blog Includes:
Must Read 5 Advantages of Studying Abroad
Why Study in Israel?
Israel is a relatively young country with a vibrant history that has interested researchers and academicians from all over the world. The education system in Israel is held in very high regards with some of the universities making it to the top 200 universities ranking list. This is why a lot of students from all over the world want to study in Israel. If you are not fully convinced, here are a few reasons why you should consider studying in Israel.
- Israel gives a lot of emphasis on education and naturally, a lot is invested in building a world-class educational sector. Universities in Israel have expert faculties and well-developed infrastructure. Many institutes are research-oriented and ranked the highest in the world. Higher studies in Israel aims to provide students with a unique and quality academic experience. Additionally, many institutions provide courses in English and a very conducive educational environment for international students to grow and succeed.
- If you are into science- tech and innovation-oriented disciplines then Israel is just the right choice for you. Israel is brimming with innovation and tech-related activities and was recently ranked 3rd for being the most innovative country by the World Economic forum global competitive Index. Studying in Israel would open door opportunities to participate in the start-up ecosystem.
- Israel has a vibrant student life and many other opportunities to network and creates life – long friendships. Studying in Israel is not just about being buried under books but also going out and exploring. There are numerous inter and intra-university events, programmes conducted by youth-led organizations to provide exposure and opportunities for student growth. With respect to the student social scene, Israel has much to offer.
- Israel has a very rich culture and is considered the birth land of Judaism. Their unique religious and cultural history has influenced every other aspect of society be it philosophy, music, arts, literature, food. Studying in Israel gives you an opportunity to immerse and understand their fascinating culture of riding bikes on Yom Kippur or the ritual of making Shahor.
- Israel is home to some of the world-famous historic sites such as the Red Sea, The Dead Sea, Masada, Negev deserts, Baha’i Gardens, and Caesarea National Park. These endless options can teach you a lot about the culture and geography of Israel whilst keeping you occupied for graduation and beyond.
Application requirements for students who want to study in Israel are usually submitted online. A panel will review the applications and get back to the applicant with their decision. In some cases, interviews are conducted, which may be telephonic or through skype. Documents required for the application are mentioned below.
- Official transcripts from attended high school and a copy of the graduation diploma
- Personal essay
- Letters of recommendation
- Results from standardised university entrance exams in the respective country
- Demonstrated Command of English through English proficiency tests such as IELTS, TOEFL.
- Health Declaration Form
- Medical Form
Higher Education in Israel
The Council for Higher Education (CHE) is the legal body that looks after all the matters related to higher education and deals with accreditations and awarding academic degrees for students who want to study in Israel. There are 61 higher education institutions throughout Israel, 8 research universities, 31 academic colleges, and 21 teacher training colleges. The academic degrees recognized in Israel include bachelors, masters and PhDs. All the institutes offer bachelors and masters programs, but Phds are offered exclusively by the research institutions.
- The undergraduate program usually takes 3-4 years to complete (depending on the course) and requires about 120 to 160 credits.
- A master’s degree takes 2 years to complete (28 to 36 months). There are several masters programs which are offered in english and are divided into 3 semesters (over 1 year).
- A doctoral degree can take 5 years on average for its completion, depending on the university’s requirements.
Israel promotes research by partnering with institutions around the world to provide funding opportunities for international collaboration.
Also Read Loans to Study Abroad
If you wish to study in Israel then you must know about the top universities here. Following is the list of some of the top most universities in Israel that offer courses recognized all over the world.
Education Ranking (2021)
|The Hebrew University of Jerusalem||201||177|
|Tel Aviv University||191||230|
|Technion – Israel Institute of Technology||401||291|
|Ben-Gurion University of the Negev||–||446|
|Bar Ilan University||501||551|
|University of Haifa||601||701|
|Weizmann Institute of Science||–||–|
There are a lot of courses in Israel that are popular among students. In fact, a lot of students wish to study in Israel to pursue these courses. They are mentioned below:
- Mechanical engineering
- Business communications
- Middle Eastern studies
- Hebrew Language studies
- Religion and sociology
- International relation and politics
- Music and performing Arts
The visa required to study in Israel is the A/2 student visa. The application can either be submitted to the Israeli embassy or the applicant’s home country’s consulate. On being granted, the visa is valid for a period of 1 year and allows multiple entry and exits from the country. Listed below are the requirements to be submitted to avail of the Israeli visa:
- A fully completed and signed application
- 2 passport size photographs
- A letter of acceptance from a recognized university in Israel
- Financial statements
- A travel document such as a passport that is to be valid for a period of study and 6 months after that.
- Receipt starting the payment of fees
The education sector in Israel is gaining recognition from all over the world and maybe a good option if you are looking for quality education in countries other than the west. We hope you find this blog on a study in Israel helpful. For admission related queries and other information, get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu!