MBA is among the sought-after courses around the world, for professionals, it is a staircase to advancing their skills and knowledge. USA stands #1 for pursuing MBA because of multicultural environment, quality education and maximum no. of top-ranked universities. University of Michigan is ranked #23 by QS world rankings 2022 for MBA and about 98% of students received job offers within 3 months. Some of the top recruiters of University of Michigan MBA include Google, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft etc. Let’s explore everything you need to know about University of Michigan MBA.
|Admission Process||Direct Admission+Interview|
|Median Salary(2020)||USD 135,000 = INR 1 Crore approx|
|Job Positions||Tech, Consultancy, etc.|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, Mc Kinsey & Company, Microsoft, Pepsico, Google, Goldman Sachs|
|QS World Rankings 2022||23|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study MBA at the University of Michigan?
- About University of Michigan MBA
- University of Michigan MBA Rankings
- Types of MBA in University of Michigan
- Eligibility for MBA in University of Michigan
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- University of Michigan Fees
- Cost of Living
- University of Michigan MBA Acceptance Rate
- MBA Scholarships at University of Michigan for Indian Students
- Job Profiles & Salary
- Top Recruiters
Why Study MBA at the University of Michigan?
- The University of Michigan MBA has been ranked No. 23 in the list of Best Schools for Business as per QS 2022 Ranking. These rankings consider a wide range of indicators of excellence.
- As per the University data, 98% of graduates receive offers of employment within the first three months of graduation.
- At graduation, on the other hand, 79.5% of the graduates of the full-time program are already employed.
- The median Salary of the 2020 passing batch is $135,000 (Approx INR 1 Crore)
About University of Michigan MBA
The course of the University of Michigan MBA allows you to choose among a large number of concentrations: economics, consulting, accounting, finance, general management, entrepreneurship, human resource management, healthcare administration, leadership, international business, manufacturing and technology management, production and operations management, marketing, organizational behaviour, real estate, public policy, portfolio management, supply chain management as well as logistics, statistics or quantitative analysis, operations research etc.
The Ross School of Business of the University of Michigan MBA puts a lot of stress on action-based learning and understanding that the teachers must teach students to ask relevant questions, identify the important problems, and consequently become effective leaders. The students will also get the opportunity to get involved in a number of centres as well as institutes, like the Frederick A. and Barbara M. Erb Institute for Global Sustainable Enterprise, as well as the Tauber Institute for Global Operations. Apart from this, you could also be a part of over 70 student-run clubs as well as organizations, and a women’s initiative offering programming and support to female students.
University of Michigan MBA Rankings
University of Michigan MBA Business School Program Rankings
- #13 in the Best Business Schools (tied) – US News Ranking
- #6 in Part-time MBA – US News Ranking
- #20 in MBA- QS 2022 Ranking
University of Michigan MBA Business School Rankings (US News)
- #6 in Accounting
- #7 in Entrepreneurship
- #5 in Executive MBA
- #10 in Finance
- #5 in Management
- #4 in Marketing
- #6 in Nonprofit
- #3 in Production/Operations (tied)
- #2 in Project Management (tied)
- #10 in Supply Chain/Logistics (tied)
Also Read: Study at the University of Michigan
Types of MBA in University of Michigan
The Part-time MBA can be completed in the evenings or on weekends. The EMBA courses, on the other hand, need only one weekend a month. You can also apply for the Master’s program in management, accounting, entrepreneurship, as well as supply chain management, apart from the PhD program.Different kinds of MBAs available in University of Michigan MBA are:
- Full-time MBA
- Part-time MBA
- Global or Executive MBA
Eligibility for MBA in University of Michigan
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject is mandatory for admission to the University of Michigan MBA
- Applicants have to make sure that they have a good GPA in the previously acquired degree to the admission process easy.
- IELTS/PTE/TOEFL scores
- You can submit the GMAT, GRE, MCAT, LSAT, PCAT, or DAT
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. To study MBA in the university of Michigan students must apply from the official website. Students can apply through portals like Common App and Coalition App that have multiple universities located in the USA registered on the platform. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined to the USA! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the applications deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, USA students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university!
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
University of Michigan Fees
The tuition for different MBAs in University of Michigan MBA:
|Part-Time MBA||$69,015 per year (INR 51.75 Lakh)|
|Executive MBA||$173,500 (INR 1.30 Crore) total program|
|Full-Time MBA||$71,048 per year (INR 53.28 Lakh)|
Cost of Living
According to the online portal college factual, for the University of Michigan MBA, the average costs for books and supplies, miscellaneous living expenses, on-campus board and room, and off-campus living expenses will be approximately $1048, $2454 (INR 79359- 185829), $11996 (INR 904612), and $2454 ( INR 185829) respectively.
University of Michigan MBA Acceptance Rate
Every year students from across the world apply to the University of Michigan. It offers courses across various disciplines- 250 undergraduate courses, 100 doctoral, and 200 masters. MBA is among the top courses students choose to study in this university. The University of Michigan Acceptance Rate 2021 is 23%. However, the university of Michigan MBA acceptance rate is 37%
MBA Scholarships at University of Michigan for Indian Students
The University of Michigan MBA offers merit-based scholarships on the basis of professional as well as personal achievements, academic ability, and how you can potentially contribute to their community. These scholarships range from $10,000 (INR 757251) to full tuition fees. Some of the popular scholarships are:
Job Profiles & Salary
Post graduating from the University of Michigan MBA, you would be able to join a plethora of sectors, like technology, retail, manufacturing, healthcare products and services, financial services, energy, consumer packaged goods, consulting, etc. Here are the popular job profiles with their annual salary structure via payscale:
The top companies you could get recruited by in the University of Michigan MBA are Amazon, McKinsey and Co., Boston Consulting Group, EY/Parthenon, Deloitte, Bain and Co. Inc., PwC Strategy&, Google Inc., Dell Technologies, PepsiCo Inc., Citi, Microsoft Corp., Barclays PLC, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Cisco Systems Inc., Accenture Strategy, Cummins Inc., etc.
It is completely ok. In fact, according to the University of Michigan MBA data, 94% of its graduates are career switchers.
The University of Michigan MBA chooses a selected group of students having outstanding accomplishments known as ‘Dean’s Impact Scholars’. They are provided with a full-tuition scholarship, as well as an annual stipend so that they can support their educational travel, experiences that develop their leadership skills, as well as non-tuition expenses. Some of the admitted students, chosen as Dean’s Fellows, are also given full-tuition scholarships. Apart from this, there are several other focused programs and fellowships that you can apply for.
Yes, students should be able to find good housing on as well as off the campus in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Some of the prominent alumni of the University of Michigan MBA and the Ross School of Business are Roger Frock, the former general manager of FedEx, as well as Stacey Stewart, the American president of United Way Worldwide.
Your resume must-have information on your education as well as professional experience, including the important dates. Make sure that these dates match your application. Include information on your interests and hobbies as well as community service activities, if any. The resume must not be longer than one page.
Are you planning to study MBA at the University of Michigan? Our experts at Leverage Edu will provide end-to-end guidance from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minutes counselling session today!