Did you know that the first MBA program originated in the USA? With the world’s fastest-growing economy, incredible career opportunities, and numerous attractive scholarships, the USA is the top choice for all MBA aspirants. Cornell University is one such university that opens a portal of high-quality education for all MBA students. US News ranks Cornell University (Johnson) is ranked at the 15th spot among the best business schools. The university offers multiple MBA programs that have a 100% placement rate.
This Blog Includes:
About Cornell University
Founded in 1865 by Ezra Cornell and Andrew Dickson White, Cornell has been one of the largest Ivy League Universities in the United States. It provides a very carefully designed curriculum that is tailored to every student’s individual needs and interests. It is based on a performance-learning approach which is one step ahead of the typical job-based learning. Students have instant access to vast resources for research, teaching, and alumni resources. The community is intense and collaborative which helps in cultivating an exceptional team spirit in the students. There are over 1600 faculty members and over 25,000 students studying at Cornell. 15,000 of these are undergraduate students, 7,100 are graduates and 2,900 are professionals.
|Timeline||Application Deadline||Initial Notification||Final Notification||Deposit & Official
|Consortium Early Application||10/15/2021||4/29/2022|
|Consortium Traditional Application||1/5/2022||4/29/2022|
|Second Deposit: All Rounds||6/15/2022|
|Deposit & Official
Why Choose Cornell for an MBA?
The tight-knit unique curriculum at Cornell Johnson Business School makes the MBA program here very different from the rest. It helps students in standing out amongst their colleagues and gives them a push in their careers. With leadership development components, Cornell helps MBA program graduates become future beacon holders. An emphasis on data analysis, technology, and other similar disciplines makes this program one of the best.
Eligibility for MBA at Cornell University
- Students must earn a four-year bachelor’s degree from an approved university or its equivalent.
- Alternatively, students must have earned a master’s degree with honors from a recognized school in a related discipline.
- Linear algebra, multivariate calculus, statistics, and probability are all assumed to have a solid quantitative foundation.
- To be considered for the program, you must have a 3.34 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must have an outstanding academic record as well as four to five years of work and/or management experience.
- For a higher chance of acceptance, students must present a minimum GMAT and GRE exam score.
- International students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate English proficiency by IELTS/TOEFL/any similar test in addition to meeting the basic qualifying requirements.
Cornell University Rankings
Let’s take a peek at some of Cornell University’s amazing rankings before learning more about MBA at Cornell University
|QS Top University Rankings||#22||2022|
|World University Rankings THE||#22||2022|
|US College Rankings THE||#11||2022|
|National Universities by US News||#17||2022|
The MBA program at Cornell is delivered in two formats:
- Full-time 2-year program
- One-year accelerated MBA
MBA Program Overview
The program curriculum keeps getting updated and has recently been enhanced. It is based on the following three principles-
- The value of a solid education in all key business functions, including marketing, finance, human resources, and production
- The importance of strong analytical and decision-making skills
- A focus on offering the greatest flexibility in tailoring individual curricula
|Area of Cost||Fall/Spring Term (USD)||Fees (INR)|
|Housing and Food||$17,865||INR 13,40,947|
|Health Insurance||$3,694||INR 2,77,271|
|Personal/Misc Expenses||$5,000||INR 3,75,300|
- Three or four-year Bachelor’s degree with a B+ average, or the recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
- 550 GMAT with at least a 50th percentile in the quantitative and verbal sections of the test- 155 GRE score on both the verbal and quantitative sections
- Minimum two years of full-time work experience gained after graduation from your Bachelor’s degree.
- Two references are required for all Johnson MBA applicants. You will be required to provide their email addresses and they will be contacted by mail
- Mail transcripts, degree certificates and translations
- Test of English language proficiency
Career Management Center
The Career Management Center at Cornell provides all students with industry-leading service, coaching and training which helps them develop into the strongest and most ideal candidates in their workplaces. 93% of the class of 2020 received offers within three months of graduation. Networking at Cornell is made easy with 18,000+ Johnson and 325,000+ Cornell alumni networks through events, visit and personal communication. The entire process starting from an application, interview, offer evaluation, etc are followed through by the CMC.
There are 233 companies that recruited two-year Cornell MBA students either for a full-time job or an internship during 2019-20. Following are some of them:
- Bain & Company
- Bank of America
- Boston Consulting Group
- Johnson & Johnson
- J.P. Morgan
- McKinsey & Company
- SC Johnson
Cornell University offers an excellent ROI and students can expect an excellent salary and placement after completing the course. The base salary of a Cornell MBA graduate was $138,767 in the year 2020. This is approximately INR 1,04,21,700. Most MBA graduates have a 100% placement rate and are hired by top companies like Deloitte, EY, Google, JP Morgan, etc.
This was all about the Cornell MBA program. If you are someone who is planning to pursue your MBA degree in the USA, then it’s time to fasten your seatbelts and pull up your socks! The experts at Leverage Edu are just a call away to provide you with all the guidance and mentorship that will make your dream to study abroad a reality! Call us on 1800572000 and book your FREE meeting with our counselors today!