What do we seek when we hang out with our friends, go out for coffee, or go to any restaurant for dining, really, is capturing a beautiful or more appropriately, “instagrammable” picture? A wonderful interior, a lovely backdrop, or even a unique wall? Right? Well, interior designers put a lot of effort into making everything look nice in these settings. They do so by collaborating with architects and civil engineers and also by analyzing space needs and choosing the best aesthetic and utilitarian pieces, interior designers can create environments that are visually pleasant, useful, and safe. If you want to advance in this creative sector by renovating rooms and thinking differently about interiors, then a UK master’s degree in interior design is the best option for you. In this blog, we will discuss about Master in Interior Design in UK.
This Blog Includes:
What is Interior Designing?
Interior design takes care of everything for your home, from planning to designing attractive functional areas. When a space is designed, the experience that a person will have inside it is also created. An activity that will undoubtedly have an impact on each person’s mood and quality of life. In terms of functionality, aesthetics, and sensory appeal, the interior design considers all three aspects of a space. It should be suitable for the individuals’ requirements, cultures, and way of life.
Why Study Interior Design in UK
- To prepare students for success, UK colleges foster innovation and provide demanding instruction as well as worthwhile job prospects. Consider studying in the UK, which boasts some of the greatest interior design courses in the world, if becoming an interior designer is something you’re interested in.
- Excellent firms with internationally acclaimed and recognized designs can be found in the UK, including MKV Design, Align, Wilkinson Design, and Rouge Designs.
- After completing a Master’s in Interior Designing from the UK, International students also earn up to £18,000 [INR 18.12 Lakhs] to 30,00 GBP [INR 30 lakhs] a year after finishing their degree.
Top Universities for Masters in Interior Design in the UK
Here’s the comprehensive list of all the popular universities for Masters in the UK along with their ranking:
|Universities||QS Ranking for Arts and Design 2022|
|Royal College of Arts||1|
|University of the Arts London||2|
|The Glasgow School of Art||11|
|Goldsmiths, University of London||18|
|University of Portsmouth||61|
|University of Chester||81|
Now that you know which university you want to attend and have a better understanding of what interior design entails, let’s talk about the admissions requirements:
|Eligibility||Minimum 70% in bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.|
|English Proficiency||IELTS– 6.0TOEFL– 90PTE– 58Cambridge English Advance– 165|
|Documents Required||Academic Transcripts from all attended universities/college English Proficiency Test ScoresSOP/LOR’s (Varies from University to university)PassportDigital PortfolioVisaFinancial Proofs|
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick-start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to study Master in Interior Design in UK:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Scholarships are the most sought-after form of financial aid since they are better than student loans in every way. It is the best method for dividing up and managing living expenses as well as tuition costs. Some of the popular scholarships:
|Name of the scholarships||Benefit|
|Dean Scholarship – (Masters)||INR 5 Lakhs|
|Chevening Partnership Scholarship- (Masters)||Full fee waiver|
|CommonWealth Masters Scholarship – (Masters)||Full Tuition fee waiver.|
|Professional Experience Scholarship- (Masters)||INR 4 Lakhs|
Cost of Studying in UK
Studying costs vary greatly depending on the program and the university you are applying to. Indian students considering a master’s degree in interior design in the UK should be aware that on average tuition costs might range from 13,000 to 20,000 GBP (INR 12.13 Lacs to 18.66 Lacs)
Cost of Living in UK
- While the cost of living in any location depends on your particular preferences, the cost of living in the UK is determined by the city in which you live. It is challenging to determine the exact amount that will be spent but generally, it depends on multiple factors including the location of your accommodation, food, bills, and transportation.
- The range of the monthly cost of living, which depends on where you live and other circumstances, is between £1100 and £1400 (about INR 89,000 to 1.13 Lakhs). Make sure to budget between £11000 and £15000 (about INR 8.91 Lacs and INR 1.21Lacs) each year for living expenses.
Career and Job Prospects
- Students are given numerous opportunities during the course to engage, meet, and demonstrate their potential, assisting them in adjusting to the real creative world of design.
- Depending on your hard work and networking, students may be able to get job offers from renowned employers like Graven, Kapsimali Architects, Norman Foster & Partners, Orange & Uniter Designers, Orbit Architects, Studio Sofield, Bill Dunster Architects, Muji, and others.
- While salary varies from company to company, it may range anywhere from INR 5 Lakhs to INR 30 Lakhs.
The UK is renowned for having the world’s top educational system. The oldest and best universities in English academics are located in the nation. Thinking the UK is undoubtedly going to be the finest choice, whether you’re considering bachelor’s or master’s degrees.
The cost of a master’s degree in interior design at a top UK university can range from 10,500 to 20,000 GBP. Indian students who are interested in enrolling in a course in the UK should be prepared to pay between 10.8 and 20.7 lakh INR in tuition fees.
Candidates might be shocked to learn that, unless they want to apply to specific courses at the London School of Economics and Political Science, the UK does not require GRE scores for its MS programmes.
Want to pursue a Master in Interior Design in UK? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counseling session today.