When planning to pursue higher studies abroad then, one of the most crucial aspects is to apply for financial aid granted by the university that you are enrolled in; this can be in the form of fellowships and scholarships. When pursuing higher studies in global affairs at a prestigious institution across the globe, the Schwarzman scholarship is a golden opportunity for you. The application for the Schwarzman scholarship program is still in the process thus, here is an article to guide you about this scholarship program, the Schwarzman scholarship application process, eligibility requirements and much more. Keep Reading!
|Name of the scholarship||Schwarzman Scholarship|
|Awarded by||Tsinghua University|
|Focused areas||Global affairs, public policy, leadership, international business, economics and business|
|No. of scholarships||Above 200|
|Deadline for international applicants||September 2022|
|Deadline for Chinese applicants||May 20, 2022|
This Blog Includes:
What is Schwarzman Scholarship Program 2023?
Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023-2024 is a fully funded postgraduate scholarship program for Chinese and international students. More than 200 scholars are selected per annum for this highly selective program that works for a postgraduate degree at Tsinghua University in Beijing. This scholarship covers total tuition fees, accommodation, health insurance, and a basic stipend of $4000 (INR 3L) for personal expenses.
Tsinghua University is a renowned institution with an extensive list of notable alumni, including some of the most influential leaders of China, such as the former Chairman of the National People’s Congress, Wu Bangguo, and the former Premier Zhu Rongji.
Schwarzman Scholars Program 2023, available at Tsinghua University, provides the recipient with the following areas.
- Tuition Fees
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Health insurance
- Required course books and supplies
- A stipend of $4,000 for personal expenses
Do you know? “Schwarzman Scholars are one of the largest philanthropic efforts that had been undertaken in China with a large number of international donors.”
There are a few eligibility requirements that you are required to qualify for to get a Schwarzman scholarship program.
- You must have English as a required Language, which is eligible in all countries all across the globe.
- You must also have an undergraduate degree from a well-recognised institution or its equivalent (if you are currently enrolled at an undergraduate degree, then you must complete degree requirements before August 1 of an enrollment year as per Schwarzman. There are, as such, no requirements for a specific field in an undergraduate degree. Still, it is essential to articulate that participating in the Schwarzman scholarship helps develop leadership.)
- Age Requirement: You must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1.
- English language proficiency: You are required to demonstrate that you possess strong English language skills as all the programs are to be delivered in English. You must have scored as follows:
These requirements can be waived if you have graduated from an undergraduate institution where lectures are delivered in English for more than two years of the academic program. Further, it can also be waived for the applicants who have pursued lectures in English for over two years at a master’s level degree.
The application process for this Schwarzman Scholarship 2023 is quite an easy process. First, you are required to create an online account, then you must start to fill in the following info:
- Biographical profiles
- Experience abroad
- Leadership roles
- Language Skills and Test scores
- Personal information
- Disciplinary Action
- Professional experience
- Awards and Recognitions
- Essays, Transcripts, Resume CV
- Additional information
As a part of the application process for the Schwarzman scholarship, you are required to submit the following documents.
- Online application
- Transcripts/Academic Records
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Two Essays
- Resume (2-page maximum)
- Video (optional)
After completion of the above-mentioned, you are then required to submit your application.
Schwarzman scholars are selected among 3000 applicants, thus making this one of the most selective programs with an acceptance rate of more than 3.7%.
To become a Schwarzman scholar, you are required to be selected from an international pool of candidates thus, you are expected to have academic excellence and exceptional results in the field of study and leadership qualities.
Schwarzman scholarship program is only awarded to the selected students and it covers tuition fees, accommodation, travel, a basic stipend of $4000 and health insurance.
Want to study abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance from the application to the Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.