Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations is an undergraduate course for a duration of 3 years that deals with business relations development, creation of market images and communication with media. Usually, the BA Public Relations course has a semester type system and is available at top universities around the world. If you want to know more about the BA Public Relations course such as why to pursue public relations, the admission process, top universities around the globe and much more then keep reading!
|Name of the course||Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations|
|Eligibility requirements||10+2 or its equivalent exam from any discipline with 50% marks.|
|Examination type||Semester system|
|Average starting salary||INR 6 Lakh per annum|
|Average fees||INR 50,000 to INR 3,00,000|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Pursue BA Public Relations?
- Eligibility Requirements for BA Public Relations
- BA Public Relations Syllabus & Subjects
- Top Universities for BA Public Relations Abroad
- Top Colleges in India for BA Public Relations
- Admission Process
- Job Profiles after BA Public Relations
Why Pursue BA Public Relations?
Here are some of the top reasons why students choose to pursue BA Public Relations for their further studies.
- More Employment Opportunities: The popularity of this course is due to varied job prospects and career opportunities. Nowadays it is estimated that the demand for public relations specialists is increasing in every corporate and firm.
- Salary: After completion of the BA Public Relation course graduates are offered lucrative packages, which is one of the greatest benefits of pursuing this course. The basic average salary is INR 5-6 lakhs per annum.
- Skills: Another reason for the popularity of this course is the skills that you learn during the course make you eligible for a plethora of job opportunities. Some of the basic skills you will get to develop are communication and writing skills which would help you to be a copywriter and a good storyteller.
- Further Career Scope: After completion of the bachelor of arts degree you can even pursue further career options to get expertise in the field such as master’s and PhD.
Also Read: MBA in Public Relations
Eligibility Requirements for BA Public Relations
In order to get into a BA Public Relations course, the candidates must fulfil the following requirements
- If you want to pursue a BA in Public Relations, then you should have passed the 10+2 or its equivalent exam from any discipline with 50% marks.
- An ideal candidate for this course must also have good communication and writing skills. These attributes are tested as a part of the entrance exam.
Also Read: Public Relations Courses
BA Public Relations Syllabus & Subjects
The syllabus for BA Public Relations varies in different universities depending upon their curriculum. This is a common syllabus from various universities:
|Principles of communication||Principles and practices of management|
|Basic economics||Business statics|
|Business Communication||Financial Management|
|Fundamentals of computers||Business organization|
|Marketing management||Science of human communication|
|Human resource management||Introduction to advertising|
|Organizational behaviour||Principles of public relations|
|Business laws and ethics||Writing skills|
|Public relation practices||Corporate communication|
|Advanced advertising||Copywriting and media planning|
|Event management||DTP multimedia applications|
|Consumer behaviour||Project and Viva|
Top Universities for BA Public Relations Abroad
Some of the popular institutions for BA Public Relations abroad are:
|Name of the University||Location|
|University of Cambridge||United Kingdom|
|University of Oxford||United Kingdom|
|University College London (UCL)||the United Kingdom|
|University of California||Berkeley (UCB), the US|
|University of California||Los Angeles (UCLA), the US|
|Sapienza University of Rome||Rome, Italy|
Top Colleges in India for BA Public Relations
Some of the popular colleges in India that offer BA Public Relations courses are:
|Name of the College||Average Fees|
|Delhi Institute of Heritage Research and Management||₹ 46.4 K|
|Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University||₹ 3.65 K|
|University of Mysore||–|
|St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai||₹ 72.5 K|
|Kuvempu University||₹ 51.55 K|
|PRSU – Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University||₹ 7.29 K|
|Acharya Nagarjuna University||–|
|Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University||₹ 10.9 K|
|Kerala University||₹ 2.56 K|
The admission process for BA Public relations is quite easier and are provided on a merit and entrance basis. The application process for the new academic session starts from April- to May every year. However, some reputed colleges take admissions according to their academic calendar.
You need to first have a score of more than 50% in your 10+2 examination. Then you are required to fill out the application form as soon as the application date starts. Then college takes admission based on performance in 12 examinations.
Entrance Based Admissions
To take admission based on the entrance examination the procedure starts with the application form which you need to fill and then according to your test schedule you need to score well in the entrance exams. After scoring well you will be selected for further sessions such as a personal interview round. Some of the entrance exams for admissions in BA Public Relations are
|Name of the Entrance Exam||Conducting Body|
|DU BA Entrance Exam||University of Delhi|
|JMI BA Entrance||Jamia Milia Islamia University|
|IIMC BA Entrance Exam||Indian Institute of Mass Communication, Delhi|
|University of Kerala BA Entrance||University of Kerala|
Job Profiles after BA Public Relations
One of the main reasons for the popularity of the Public Relation course is the plethora of job opportunities available after completion of the course. Top companies recruit graduates from BA Public Relations at high packages. Some of the common job profiles are
- Market Research Analyst
- Public Relation Specialist
- Public Relations and Fundraising Manager
- Communication Officer
- Public Relation Officer
You can get high packages offered by top recruiters across the globe. An average salary after completion of the course of Public relations is as follows
|Job Profiles||Average Annual Salary|
|Market Research Analyst||INR 5,00,000|
|Advertising Sales Agent||INR 4,50 000|
|Media Relations Officer||INR 5,21,000|
|Public Relation Officer||INR 6,00,000|
|Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Manager||INR 9,15,221|
|Public Relation Specialist||INR 4,13,547|
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.