Do you know Engineering is one of the most commonly opted degrees in Canada? BTech in Canada is highly recognized all over the world because of the top of the class engineering institutions in the country. BTech is also known as Bachelors of Applied Science or Bachelors in Engineering in Canada. The engineering courses in Canada ensure the quality of education and make their students well equipped with the necessary skills in the present day market. Read this blog further to understand everything in depth related to BTech in Canada.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study BTech in Canada?
Canada offers students some of the best engineering universities in the world 4 engineering colleges were ranked in the list of top 50 global universities for engineering programs worldwide by the QS World Rankings. Here are some reasons to study Btech in Canada:
- Canada is a student free place which provides the students with a lot of diverse population, thus providing excellent networking opportunities and the opportunity to learn from each other since everyone belongs to a different background.
- As already mentioned above, the return on investment is much higher than any other country without compromising on the quality.
- There are plenty of scholarship opportunities available for students in Canadian universities.
- Canadian job market is growing at a rapid pace and job prospects for engineers are excellent in the country. Most of the sectors of engineering are projected to grow by the year 2025 and with this growth a lot of job openings are also predicted in the field.
- With the excellent job prospects for engineers in Canada, salary prospects for engineers are pretty good too. During the period of 2016-19, salaries of engineers have grown by almost 10% in Canada.
Top Engineering Specializations in Canada
With various options for students to choose from, the courses for BTech in Canada are designed to provide unique skills and knowledge in the specific course. the following are the top specializations for BTech in Canada.
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Automotive Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Oil and Gas Engineering
Eligibility for BTech in Canada
- Candidates must have passed the 12th grade from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have studied mathematics and science in their high school.
- English language proficiency scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, etc.
- Entrance test scores such as scores of SAT/ACT. Even if the scores are not required by the university, candidates should submit them as it makes the comparison and selection process more easier.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letters of Recommendation (LORs)
Many university programmes in Canada operate on a “rolling admission” basis after receiving your application and credentials. The institution can then evaluate you and decide whether to admit you. From the date of submission to the point of admission, a complete application can sometimes be processed in a matter of days.
The application process is divided into several phases, including the ones listed below:
- Select a course of study.
- Examine the eligibility requirements.
- Please double-check the application deadlines.
- Fill out the online application.
- Please submit all the required documentation.
- Keep track of your application.
- Accept your admissions offer.
Must Read: SOP to Study in Canada
Top Universities for BTech in Canada
Here is the list of best universities in Canada for Indian students:
|University||QS World University Ranking 2023|
|University of Toronto||34|
|University of British Columbia||47|
|University of Alberta||110|
|University of Waterloo||154|
|The University of Western Ontario||172|
|University of Calgary||242|
|University of Ottawa||237|
The average annual fees for an Undergraduate Engineering course from Canada could be $12,000 to $50,000 approximately, depending on the course and university. The annual tuition fees for international students in the top Canadian universities are tabulated below.
|University||Program Fees (INR)|
|University of Toronto||234,720|
|University of British Columbia||184,964|
|University of Waterloo||218,400|
|University of Alberta||158,000|
|University of Calgary||161,808|
|University of Ottawa||323,204|
Cost of Studying BTech in Canada
Affordability is one of the major reasons why students prefer to pursue their BTech from Canada. Canadian universities charge much lower tuition fees than other countries. The average tuition fees for BTech in Canada ranges between 40,000-70,000 CAD (INR 22,80,000- INR 39,90,000 approx).
|Accommodation costs||INR 28,500|
|Transportation costs||INR 5,700|
|Food costs||INR 11,400|
|Entertainment costs||INR 5,000|
|Pre-arrival costs||INR 11,400|
Note- All the costs mentioned above are just a rough estimate and not accurate values.
To know more – Cost of Studying in Canada
Scholarships Available for studying BTech in Canada
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- McGill Entrance Scholarships
- Engineering Entrance Awards
- Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering Admissions Scholarship
- Entrance for International Students for University of Waterloo
Career Prospects after BTech in Canada
As already mentioned above, engineers have a lot of excellent career prospects in Canada. BTech graduates from Canada can either go further for MTech or can go for a job. There are a lot of options available for students who want to pursue postgraduate studies in engineering in Canada.
As for the job prospects, the job market in Canada is at a great stage right now for engineers. BTech from Canada is recognized worldwide and holds a lot of value which can help you grab your dream job at your dream company. The most popular fields of engineering in Canada are mechanical engineering and civil engineering. Here is a list of popular job opportunities after BTech in Canada-
- Associate Engineer
- Acoustics Engineer
- CAD Designer
- Assistant Chief Engineer
- Biochemical Engineer
An average salary post the completion of the B.Tech ranges between 130,000-170,000 CAD (INR 74,00,000- 96,00,000). However, the salary varies from country to country and the average salary in India might vary between INR 6 lakh p.a- INR 15 lakh p.a. The employment and salary prospects are really great in Canada and are even better if you complete your post-graduation in engineering.
Btech is also known as Bachelors of Applied Science or Bachelors in Engineering in Canada.
It costs around 40,000-70,000 CAD to become an engineer in Canada.
Studying in Canada is much more affordable than in many other countries. Students can also avail themselves of the many scholarships available.
We hope that this blog was able to help you clear all your doubts regarding pursuing BTech in Canada. If you want to get into your dream course in a high-ranked global university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.
please tell complete details of scholarship what is the eligiblity criteria
please tell complete details of scholarship what is the eligiblity criteria
As mentioned in the article, the eligibility criteria for pursuing B.Tech in Canada are:
passing 12th grade from a recognized board, studied mathematics and science in their high schools, English languages proficiency scores such as IELTS/TOEFL, entrance test scores such as scores of SAT/ACT, a Statement of Purpose (SOP), and a Letters of Recommendation (LORs). These are some of the common requirements for almost every course. If you want professional help in carrying out your application process, you can call our experts at 1800 572 000!
Hi Madhav! To know complete details about scholarships and to apply for the same, get in touch with Leverage Edu experts at 1800-57-2000.
enquirey for B.Tech computer engg
Hi this is Muneer from India, can you please help me how to apply B tech for my son without English entrance because we are not aware on this.
Kindly confirm can I do B.Tech after diploma and also send all eligibility criteria for the same.