RULET also called the Rajasthan University Law Entrance Test is an entrance test conducted by Rajasthan University. This university-level entrance exam enables students to secure admission to a 5 year LLB course. This test is usually conducted offline in pen and paper mode for a duration of 2 hours. There are about 120 seats that are offered at the university which will be based on entrance test scores, personal interviews and eligibility criteria. In this blog we bring you everything you need to know about RULET from Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus and more.
This Blog Includes:
|Name of the exam||Rajasthan University Law Entrance Test (RULET)|
|Conducting body||University of Rajasthan|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Programs offered||BA LLB|
|Question type||Multiple Choice Type (MCQ)|
RULET 2023: Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Application||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date for submitting the Application form||1st week of June 2023|
|Issue of Admit Card||1st week of June 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||2nd week of June 2023|
|Declaration of result||4th week of June 2023|
|Counselling||In the month of July 2023|
RULET 2023: Eligibility Criteria
Here is the eligibility for RULET Exam:
- The candidates should have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board or university.
- Candidates belonging to the general category must score a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate, while SC and ST candidates need 45% marks.
- Candidates appearing for their 10+2 are also eligible provided they meet the criteria at the time of admission.
- Age is no bar for appearing for the RULET exam.
Registration for the RULET Exam is very simple. Follow these instructions to learn how to register for the test:
- The first step to filling out the application form is creating a login ID and password and registering. on the official website.
- After the successful registration, an accounting candidate has to fill in the application form with the necessary details such as academic details, contact and personal details.
- Candidates will also be required to submit documents such as photographs, signatures and left-hand thumb impressions in the prescribed format.
- Following this, candidates will be required to submit an application fee of 2000 INR.
- After checking that all the details are in place, candidates must submit the application form.
Regardless of the candidate’s category, the application fee will be INR 2000. Fees can only be paid in person or by mail. Fees can be paid by Demand Draft by students. The DD should be made out to ‘Convener, RULET, University of Rajasthan’ and made payable in Jaipur. The application fee is not refundable and cannot be transferred. There will be no consideration for such a request.
Must Read: Masters in International Law
Exam Pattern for RULET
The paper for RULET comprises 200 objective-type questions which have to be solved within 120 minutes.
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen-and-paper test)|
|Question type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for each correct answer. There is no negative marking.|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Name of the sections||Number of questions||Distribution of marks|
|General Awareness||30 to 40||30 to 40|
|General Science||30 to 40||30 to 40|
|Logical Reasoning||30 to 40||30 to 40|
|Social Studies||30 to 40||30 to 40|
Syllabus for RULET
Here is the syllabus for the RULET exam:
- General Science
- Social Studies
- Indian and world history
- Science and technology
- UN bodies
Must Read: PhD in Law
At the time of filling out the application form, candidates will be given the opportunity to choose an exam centre of their choice. Options must be entered in the order of priority. All the necessary details related to the RULET exam centre will be mentioned on the admit card at the address. It is advisable that the candidates visit the exam centre the day prior to the exam to check the travelling distance, and traffic conditions.
RULET 2023 Counselling
- Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted for a counselling session.
- A Group Discussion and Personal Interview round will be included in the counselling session.
- It will be held on the university campus on the following exam day.
- Following the announcement of the results, the participating institutes will publish the admission list.
- The list will include students who have been accepted into their college of choice.
- Report to the designated college in accordance with the schedule posted on the official website.
Documents Required for Counselling
The list of documents required for RULET 2023 Counselling is as follows:
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Migration Certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- 3 Passport sized photographs
- RULET 2023 Admit card
- Class 10 and 12 Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from the institute last attended
Books for RULET
Here are the books that you should refer to for the exam:
- RULET 2021 (Rajasthan University Law Entrance Test), Dr Chandresh Agrawal
- RULET Complete Syllabus Preparation Book, CS Prateek Bhansali
- Self Study Guide CLAT 2021, Arihant Experts
- Objective General English, SP Bakshi
- Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning, A P Bhardwaj
- General Knowledge Yearbook 2020, Arihant
Check out Other Law Tests
- CULEE (Christ University Law Entrance Exam)
- TS LAWCET
- AP LAWCET 2021
- LNAT (Law National Aptitude Test) 2021
The Rajasthan University Law Entrance Test (RULET) is used to select students for the university’s five-year integrated law programmes. On the other hand, the University Law Entrance Test (ULET) is held to select students for the three-year Bachelor of Law (LL.B) programme.
Comprehensive knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus.
Obtaining books and study materials.
Creating a section-by-section preparation strategy.
Practising previous year’s papers, mock tests, and taking notes are all recommended.
Candidates will be asked 200 objective-type multiple-choice questions in RULET 2022. For each correct answer, applicants will receive two points. There is no penalty for incorrect answers.
This was all about the RULET exam. We hope you find this blog useful. For guidance related to exams or study abroad programs, get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu. book today for a free session.