Telangana LAWCET is an entrance examination conducted by the Telangana State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad. This test is mainly for admission to the participating colleges of the state offering five-year integrated LLB courses and three-year LLB courses. It is held every year to help desirable candidates to get entry to their dream college. Here we bring you all the details about TS LAWCET 2021, syllabus, how to apply, result, pattern, books, and more.
Related Read: TS SET 2021
Table of Contents
TS LAWCET 2021 Dates
Here are the TS LAWCET dates for 2021:
|Notification of LAWCET 2021||24-03-2021|
|Last Date of Submission without late fees||15-07-2021|
|Last Date of Submission with late fees of Rs. 250||25-07-2021|
|Last Date of Submission with late fees of Rs. 500||05-08-2021|
|Last Date of Submission with late fees of Rs. 1000||10-08-2021|
|Downloading of Hall Ticket||12-08-2021|
|Date of LAWCET Exam||23-08-2021|
|Results||To be released|
Check Out: AP LAWCET 2021
Enlisted are the details that candidates should follow in regards to TS LAWCET 2021 Application Form:
- The application form for TS LAWCET 2021 can be filled online on the official website.
- The registration for the form will be available from May 2021- July 2021.
- An applicant must provide his valid email ID and phone number while filling the application form to receive important updates and information from time to time.
- Applicants should also update the scanned picture of passport size photograph and signature. These details must be in a prescribed format.
- Once the applicant is done filling in all the details, he must recheck those as no correction facility would be provided by the application form’s authority.
- Lastly, the applicant must take several printouts of the filled application form for further use.
The application fee for TS LAWCET is as follows:
|Application Fee Type||General Category||SC/ ST Category|
|Regular||Rs. 800||Rs. 500|
|Late Application (1st Chance)||Rs. 1050||Rs. 750|
|Late Application (2nd Chance)||Rs. 1300||Rs. 1000|
|Late Application (3rd Chance)||Rs. 1800||Rs. 1500|
Also Read: LLB- Bachelor of Law
TS LAWCET Eligibility Criteria
There are some prescribed conditions and procedures that each of the admission seeking candidates must meet so as to be considered eligible for TS LAWCET:
Five-year Integrated LLB
- Candidates must have passed class 12 or equivalent from the Telangana state education board or any other national level board.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates from SC/ST category should have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who have completed or are appearing in the final year examination of bachelor’s degree are eligible for this examination.
- Candidates appearing in the final year degree examination should provide proof of qualifying for the exam at the time of final admission.
- Candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
- TSCHE has given 5% relaxation in the minimum qualifying marks to candidates belonging to SC/ST Category.
There is no age limit for the TS LAWCET test.
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern
Here is an overview of the exam pattern of the Telangana Law Common Entrance Test:
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based Exam|
|Language of Questions||English and Telugu|
|Type of Questions||Objective|
|Duration of Exam||1 hour 30 Min|
|Total Possible Marks||120|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for the correct answer
0 for incorrect answer (No negative marking)
The syllabus for TS LAWCET is mentioned below.
|Part A||General knowledge and Mental Ability|
|Part B||Current affairs|
|Part C||Aptitude for the study of Law|
General Knowledge and Mental Ability
- Important events of national and international importance in past one year specially
Aptitude for the study of Law
|Principle related to law|
|Constitution of India|
|Elementary Knowledge of law subjects|
Test Centres for TS LAWCET
|Test Zone||Test Centre Localities|
|Hyderabad South East||Shamshabad|
|Bhadradri Kothagudem||Bhadradri Kothagudem|
The recommended books for TS LAWCET exam are as follows:
|Guide to Judicial Service Examinations||Universal|
|Study Package for CLAT & LLB||AP Bhardwaj|
|Constitution of India||Bakshi P.M|
|Legal Awareness/ Legal Reasoning||Bhardwaj|
|A Complete Self Study Guide for LLB Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts|
TS LAWCET 2021 Result
The TS LAWCET Result will be declared on the official website in an online mode. Candidates can also download their rank cards with answer keys. The candidates are required to enter their Roll No. or an application ID to download their scorecard.
- Candidates will get to know about the result declaration through their registered phone number or Email ID.
- The scorecard will have various details such as the candidate’s name, Roll No., Sectional Score, and Overall Score in the exam.
TS LAWCET Counselling
The last step of the procedure is the counseling round. The admission to the University/college will entirely depend on the basis of marks and rank secured by the candidate in the TS LAWCET examination. The candidates who qualified for the examination will be called for the counseling round. In this round, the candidates have to select the college and course based on the rank secured.
Also Read: Best Law Colleges in 2021
Thus, we hope that this blog familiarized you with all the details of TS Law Common Entrance Test. Want to study law abroad? Sign up for a free session with our Leverage Edu counsellors and we will help you find the best university and course and further assist you through the admission process as well!