SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University is a collaborative Ivy League B-School located in Ithaca, New York. Established in 1946, the school has been consistently ranked as one of the top b-schools worldwide. Johnson is distinguished by its community commitment, cutting-edge pedagogy, small class sizes, real-world business immersions, global business practices, and highly selective recruitment.
While pursuing the MBA program, students of SC Johnson College of Business are exposed to a vast ocean of opportunities to connect with all that the university offers. This is due to the school’s location at the heart of the most diverse and largest Ivy League Varsity. After completing their studies, students can tap into a huge network of more than 3,00,000 engaged and committed Cornell University alumni.
Let us get some in-depth details about the Johnson College of Business.
- The school offers a wide range of programs including 2-year MBA in Ithaca, 1-year MBA in Ithaca, 1-year MBA at NYC Tech, Cornell Executive MBA Americas, and Cornell Executive MBA in Metro NY.
- According to the QS Global ranking, its flagship full-time MBA stands at #36 spot. The tuition fees for this 21-month program amounts to $120,000 per year, and 700 is the average GMAT score of students who get through the admission process.
- To line up with real world business problems, program is constantly updated. It gives strong emphasis on immersive learning and performance, with regular on-field work experience.
- Program is highly customizable with over 80 electives to choose from. In addition, there are also opportunities to go for dual-degrees or certificate programs.
- The school rests in Sage Hall and houses 58 full-time members of the faculty. Currently, there are over 600 MBA students and nearly 380 students pursuing the Executive MBA program.
- Presently there is an average age of 28 years and average work experience of 5 years. The students at Johnson are already familiar with the real-world business problems. Above that, one-third of the school’s classes consist of international students, and nearly 30% are women.
- Students can choose from over 100 clubs and societies for an all-rounded development, while they are pursuing their respective programs. These range from international affairs to entrepreneurship to skiing to even wine tasting.
- The student council represents all students to the administration, many of who take part in intramurals quite often. Some sports offered on campus are Hockey, Soccer, Volleyball, and Basketball. Furthermore, students can also choose from a gamut of Physical Education courses including fencing, massage therapy, squash, and horseback riding.
- Undoubtedly, the classwork schedule is rigorous. On each Thursday afternoon, the whole student body along with the faculty enjoy a themed and catered gathering called the ‘Sage Social’.
- Originally built as a dormitory, Johnson is a 19th-century Gothic building, entirely housed in the Sage Hall. Inside the Sage, you will find classrooms, a management library, an atrium, a café, a trading floor, an executive lounge, a parlour, and students & faculty lounges.
- All MBA students make use of locker facility. The faculty and the doctoral students are all provided with offices. The building also facilitates dry-cleaning services, showers, and shoe shining machines.
Equipped with an intense knowledge of how global enterprise is changing, Johnson graduates are torchbearers harnessing the power of teams in order to generate extraordinary results. Consequently, students become well-prepared to start innovative businesses, collaborate and transform organizations after graduation. If you wish to see yourself as a part of Johnson, one of the top b-schools around the globe, it’s time to hit the ball in your court. Contact us right away and let our experts lead you towards SC Johnson College of Business.