Railway Protection Force (RPF) is a special security force in India that serves the nation by protecting the railway passengers, and passenger areas along the precious property of the Indian Railways. RPF is under the authority of the Ministry of Railways in India and it also comes into action at the time of natural disaster along with the special forces trained to handle calamities. RPF is generally placed under the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) which has been entitled to the powers to arrest, investigate and prosecute the criminals. To expand their force and provide civilians with the privilege to serve their country, RPF has announced their recruitment details for the year 2023. Through this blog let us have a look at the RPF Exam 2023.
|Exam Particulars||Exam Details|
|RPF Full Form||Railway Protection Force|
|Name of organization||Railway Protection Security Force|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Exam duration||90 minutes|
|Language of the CBT||English, Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Urdu, Konkani, Malayalam, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Bengali, Odia, Punjabi, Assamese, Manipuri, Bengali.|
|Selection process stages||CBT, PET/PMT, Medical Test, and document verification|
This Blog Includes:
- Dates & Deadlines For RPF Exam 2023
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Process
- Selection Process
- Exam Pattern
- RPF Recruitment: Admit Card 2023
- RPF Recruitment Answer Key
- RPF Recruitment Results
- RPF Recruitment Salary
- RPF Preparation Tips
Dates & Deadlines For RPF Exam 2023
|Events||RPF Constable 2023 Dates|
|RPF Notification release date||To be announced|
|Application begin date||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|RPF Constable Exam Date 2023||To be announced|
|Answer Key release date||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
The official authorities have put down some mandatory entry requisites which the students have to fulfil to enter the RPF. Failing they will not be granted recruitment under the CAPF. Below mentioned are the compulsory requisites for the various tests:
- The candidates wanting to apply for the Sub Inspector (Executive) should have a graduation degree from a recognized institution.
- The maximum age to apply is 25 whereas the minimum is 20
- Age relaxations for reserved categories are as follows:
|ST and SC||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen candidates who have not been in service for less than 6 months from the time of attestation||To the expanse of service provided in the Armed forces and
UR- 3 years
OBC (Non-Creamy layer)- 6 years
SC/ST- 8 years
|Domiciles of Jammu and Kashmir during the time period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989 (Unreserved)||UR Category- 5 years
SC/ST- 10 years
OBC- 8 years
|Unreserved central government employees other than ex-servicemen who have served for less than 3 years of regular service||UR Category- 5 years
SC/ST- 10 years
OBC- 8 years
|Divorced women, widows, women judicially separated from husbands (but remarried)||UR Category- 2 years
SC/ST- 7 years
OBC- 5 years
Further, to register for the RPF exam, no age relaxation is permitted for SC/ST or OBC (Non-creamy layer) aspirants applying for any unreserved vacancies. The age limit criteria (inclusive of both dates) for the age group of 18-25 years under different categories are as follows:
|The upper limit of the Date of Birth (Must not be earlier than)||UR- 02.07.1993
OBC (non-creamy layer)- 02.07.90
|Lower Limit of the Date of Birth (Must not be later than)||01.07.2000 (For all kinds of categories)|
Note: If an applicant has qualified for age relaxation on more than one factor, the highest (not cumulative) of the age relaxations will be accorded to them for which they are deemed eligible.
- Male candidates belonging to the UR/OBC height should be 165 cm, expanded chest should be 85 cm whereas normal should be 80 cm.
- For UR/OBC female candidates, the height should be 160 cm.
- For SC/ST female candidates, the height should be 152 cm and for the males belonging to the same category, the height must be 160 cm as well as the expanded chest for males (only) is 81.2 cm and the unexpanded should be 76.2 cm.
- For Gorkhas, Marathas, Garhwalis, Kumaonese ad other categories specified by the Govt. the height for the female candidates should be 155 cm and for males 163 cm; expanded chest for males should be 85 cm and normal should be 80 cm the basic measurement requirements for RPF exam 2023.
Want Free Career Counselling?
Book An Exclusively Free Consultation Session With Us!
The Railway Protection Force provides excellent opportunities to anyone interested in working for Indian Railways. The RPF Constable application form 2023 is scheduled to be made available soon. Aspirants who are interested and eligible must complete the registration form before the deadline. You should double-check the form before submitting it because any wrong spelling or data will result in the candidature being forfeited. For your convenience, the methods to apply online are listed here, along with additional RPF Constable registration information.
How to Apply for RPF Recruitment 2023?
The step-by-step instructions for applying online for the RPF Constable 2023 exam will clear all your doubts. This will allow you to fully comprehend the procedure.
- Step 1: Go to the Railway Protection Force’s official website.
- Step 2: Create an account on the website and use a valid email address to fill out the RPF Constable Recruitment 2023 application form.
- Step 3: Sign in with your registered email address and a unique password.
- Step 4: Include a scanned passport-size photo, signature, and any other papers that are applicable.
- Step 5: Pay the application fee with a debit/credit card/UPI or using online banking.
- Step 6: Finish the process by clicking submit and printing the RPF Constable for future reference.
Candidates may pay the application fee in order to successfully complete the online form for RPF Recruitment 2023. It can be paid online or offline using an SBI challan, BHIM UPI, internet banking, credit card, or debit card.
|Category||Fees (Rs)||Refund (Rs)|
Relevant Read: Railway Exams 2023
The following stages comprise the RPF Constable Recruitment selection process:
- Computer-Based Exam – A 120-point online exam will be administered.
- Physical Efficiency Test – Candidates who pass the CBT will be shortlisted for this step (10 times the number of openings in each category). Running, Long Jump, and High Jump will be part of the PET.
- Physical Measurement Test – At this step, the candidates’ physical parameters such as height, weight, and chest (males) will be measured.
- Document Verification & Medical Exam – To be considered eligible for a final appointment, candidates must submit documentation proving their eligibility and pass a medical exam.
The RPF exam strives to shortlist the best potential candidates from the country who can whole-heartedly serve the country. For the RPF aspirants, it is necessary to qualify for the exam with a good score to get recruited in the esteemed profile. The selection process to shortlist applicants is divided into 3 stages such as:
- Phase 1: Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- Phase 2: Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
- Phase 3: Document Verification
Below we have elucidated the phases in the following sections to help you get a better hold of the format of the examination:
RPF Phase 1
For this stage of the RPF exam, the candidates have to undergo the Computer Based Test. The level of the exam would be as per the basic disciplines taught in class 10th. The applicants will be given the flexibility to choose any one of the languages like English, Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Konkani, Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Assamese, Odia, Punjabi and Manipuri. It is compulsory to answer all the questions and for every correct answer, there will be 1 mark with a deduction of 1/3 marks for every incorrect answer. Neither the marks will be given nor deducted if the candidates fail to attempt the question.
Phase 1 would be an objective exam with a weightage of 120 marks and would only be commenced online. In total, there will be 3 sections in the test which students have to solve in 90 minutes. Tabulated below are the section-wise details of the RPF exam pattern:
|Name of the section||Total
|General Awareness: Analogies, Similarities and
differences, Spatial Visualization, Special orientation,
Problem-Solving, Analysis, Judgment,
Decision Making, Memory etc.
|Arithmetic: Sports, History, Social, Politics, Science etc.||35||35|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning: Computation of whole numbers, Relationships, Athematic.||35||35|
RPF Phase 2
In the second phase, students will have to qualify for the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) along with the Physical Measurement (PMT). Those who clear the computer-based test will be informed over the phone of their schedule of PET and PMT as per the 10 times of the category-wise total vacancies in Group of Zonal Railways/ RPSF. The limit to enrol candidates can vary and depends on the total number of candidates that have applied. For the RPF aspirants, here are some essential requirements which they have to meet to clear this stage:
- For the Sub-Inspector (Executive), there will be a 1600-meter running test which the candidates have to complete in 6 minutes and 30 seconds with a high jump of 3 feet 9 inches and a long jump of 12 feet (Males).
- For the Sub-Inspector (Executive), there will be an 800-meter running test which the candidates have to complete in 4 minutes with a high jump of 3 feet and a long jump of 9 feet (Females).
Note: Both male and female candidates will be given two attempts for the high and long jump whereas for the 1600/800 metres race only one attempt is there.
Also, the Ex-servicemen will be exempted from the PET but have to qualify for the PMT. if the candidates qualify for the 1600/800 metre running, they will be measured as per the eligibility criteria of the two genders. Candidates must keep in mind that the applicant who does not have the specified minimum height will not be considered for chest measurements. On the other hand, those who lack the standard set size for the unexpanded chest will not be sent further for expanded chest measurements. Hence, such candidatures will be disqualified at the respective stages of the RPF exam recruitment.
Must Read: RPF Syllabus 2021
RPF Phase 3
The talented young individuals who qualify for both phases 1 & 2 will be given a call for document verification. If the situation arises, wherein 2 candidates possess the same marks, according to the merit basis, the applicant will be selected on the basis of age criteria, i.e., the individual older in age will be given preference.
Afterwards, the Railway Administration conducts a medical examination for the shortlisted candidates in which the verification of educational documents, category certificates, character certificates as well the past history of the candidates from the local administrator will be made. If any discrepancy is found during the final and ultimate qualifying stage i.e., document verification, the candidates will be disqualified from the RPF recruitment regardless of the results of phases 1 & 2.
Relevant Read: List of Competitive Exams after 12th
RPF Recruitment: Admit Card 2023
For most competitive exams, the official link to download the admission card is active a week or ten days before the exam. Similarly, after the admit card is available, the RPF Recruitment authorities activate the admission card link on their official website so that candidates can download it. Candidates can download their admission cards for the RPF Constable and SI tests by enrolling on their registered accounts. It should be mentioned that the admit card must be presented at the exam place. Candidates may be denied access to the exam if they do not have their hall tickets on the exam day.
How to Download the Admit Card?
The procedure for obtaining the official admit card for the RPF Exam is outlined below. All you have to do is take the following simple steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Railway Protection Force’s official website.
- Step 2: Go to the RPF Exam Admit Card Download page.
- Step 3: To log in to your account, enter your registration number and other relevant information and press submit.
- Step 4: The admit card for RPF Recruitment 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Save and download your admit card, then print it off to bring with you to the exam.
RPF Recruitment Answer Key
The RPF Answer Key 2023 will be made accessible on the official website after the exams are completed. Candidates can estimate their scores by comparing their responses to those in the PDF file containing the RPF Answer Key. Candidates must be familiar with the format and marking method of the RPF Answer Key in order to utilise it appropriately. Candidates may object to the RPF Answer Key within the time frame specified by paying Rs. 50 for each objection.
How to Download the Answer Key?
Candidates can get the RPF Constable to answer the key by following the instructions outlined below.
- Step 1: First, go to the official website.
- Step 2: Navigate to the RPF Recruitment exam answer key page.
- Step 3: Go over the correct and erroneous responses.
- Step 4: Download and save the PDF.
Relevant Read: UPSC Exams
RPF Recruitment Results
Following the completion of the Computer Based Test, the RPF Recruitment authorities will disclose the results for the RPF Constable and SI tests. Those who pass the CBT will advance to the next stages of the selection process, which include the Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement Test, Document Verification, and Medical Exam. The RPF exam result will be uploaded on the official website, and we will publish it here as well for the candidates’ convenience.
How to Download the Result?
Candidates can verify their RPF Constable scores by following the methods outlined below.
- Step 1: First, go to the official website.
- Step 2: Select the “Download RPF 2023 result” option.
- Step 3: Enter your login information, such as your application number, date of birth, and security pin.
- Step 4: Download the PDF scoresheet.
RPF Recruitment Salary
Tabulated below are the insights related to the salary of the RPF recruitments-
RPF Constable Salary
- The basic Salary for an RPF Constable Salary is Rs 21,700
- With Additional Perks, the gross salary comes in the range of Rs 26, 000 – Rs 32, 000/-
RPF SI Salary
- The Basic Salary of RPF SI Salary is Rs 35,400
- With Additional Perks, the gross salary comes in the range of Rs 43, 000 – Rs 52, 000
|Post||Old Pay-Scale & Grade Pay
(6th Pay Commission)
|New Basic Pay(After 7th Pay Commission)||Total Salary Per Month(Gross Salary)|
|Sub Inspector||Rs 9300 – Rs 34, 800/- Grade Pay Rs 4200/-||Rs 35, 400/-||Rs 43, 000 – Rs 52, 000/-|
|Constable||Rs 5200 – Rs 20, 200/- Grade Pay Rs 2000||Rs 21, 700/-||Rs 26, 000 – Rs 32, 000/|
Candidates selected for the post of RPF SI enjoy good perks and benefits. Benefits are given in addition to their monthly salary income. The following benefits and allowances are provided to the candidates:
- Provident fund
- Overtime Allowance
- Ration Allowance
- Dress Allowance
- Monthly Pension (After retirement)
- Medical facilities
- Pass and Privilege Ticket Orders
- Dress Allowance
- Night Duty Allowance
- Educational assistance
- Ration Allowance and
- Travelling and transfer allowance
- Other financial matters
Relevant Read: List of SSC Exams 2023
RPF Preparation Tips
Because of the large number of candidates, competition is fierce. As a result, candidates must develop an effective preparation approach in order to pass the RPF Recruitment exam with ease. The following are some pointers that applicants should keep in mind to ensure a successful exam.
- Candidates must be familiar with the exam’s syllabus and format.
- Having the proper set of books is essential.
- Examine past year’s papers to get a sense of the types of questions asked in the exam and to identify your weak spots.
- RPF sample tests might help you build confidence and improve your time management skills.
Books for Preparation
It is critical to have the greatest books and study material in order to sail through the RPF Recruitment 2023. Because there are so many RPF books on the market, selecting the appropriate set of books might be difficult. But don’t worry! We’ve got your back. The finest books to assist you prepare for the RPF Constable recruitment exam are listed below.
|Subjects||Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|General Awareness||Lucent’s Objective General Knowledge||Lucent Publication|
|Lucent’s G.K||Dr.Binay Karna, Sanjeev Kumar, and Manwendra Mukul|
|Numerical Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||R.S.Aggarwal|
|Fasttrack Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Lucent Reasoning||Lucent Publication|
Ans. RPF SI is a national-level test held to select candidates for the job of Sub Inspector in the Railway Protection Force (RPF) and Railway Protection Special Forces (RPSF) in various Indian Railway zones.
Ans. RPF Age Limit: For the RPF Constable post, the candidate must be between the ages of 18 and 25, and for the RPF SI position, the candidate must be between the ages of 20 and 25. Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
Ans. The RPF SI Basic Salary is Rs 35,400. The gross salary ranges between Rs 43, 000 and Rs 52, 000 with extra benefits. RPF SI Salary as per the 7th Pay Commission.
Ans. Candidates should familiarise themselves with the various types of questions by working through the RPF Previous Year Question Paper. Examinees can better understand what is expected of them by reviewing the question structure. Practise a lot of previous year’s exam questions.
Thus, we hope that this blog has provided you with the key essentials about the RPF exam 2023. If you are preparing for any such competitive exam or struggling with career choices, our Leverage Edu experts are here to help you at every step of your academic and professional quest and ensure that you make an informed decision towards your dream career!