Day in and day out, a tough competition among banks has given wider services for customers to choose their favourite banks. Making it a field of choice for many studnets. If you are wondering why do people ask questions like Why banking after engineering? Or Why banking courses after graduation? Then the answer would be the lucrative job outlines in the field which provides great opportunities to the selected candidates. One such profile is of a Bank Po, through this blog we will run you through their role and what does it take to become one!
This Blog Includes:
Who is a Bank PO?
A bank PO can be regarded as an assistant manager on the prohibition period, managing all the major tasks in a particular bank branch. This officer is an entry-level position in the management of Banks. It is necessary for this personnel to undergo 2 years of probation training at Institute of banking management in order to be eligible as Assistant Manager or Scale I officer. In order to resolve conflicts in a composite manner, a Bank PO plays a vital role along with powerful communication skills. Providing excellent services to customers is the major objective of these officers.
Role of Bank PO
Being an officer is never an easy task, especially at places which require public dealings on a daily basis, making the role of a Bank PO much diverse and intense. The official has to manage varied tasks while working in the bank. The list given below showcases the role of a bank PO:
- Handling of mortgage and loan departments.
- Ensuring smooth administration in the bank.
- Redressing customer concerns with vivid interpersonal communicational.
- PO acts as Public relations officer at the branch.
- Handing of financial activities like account preparation, billing, investment, marketing, statements, account drafting, cheque clearance, cash flow, ATM cards, demand drafts, bank management etc.
- Once a newly joined PO is accustomed to a banking environment, then the responsibility regarding issuance of loans, investment approvals, allotment of funds, budgeting falls under their belt.
- Getting the loans cleared by visiting loan defaulters site and documentation of loan activities.
- Supervising the clerical work in the bank and taking favourable decisions in favour of the bank.
Also Read: Diploma in Banking and Finance
To give any of the Bank PO examinations in India, applicants need to fulfil certain conditions. Given below is a list of the same:
- Applicants must not be older than 30 years of age.
- There is 5 years of age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
- For OBC candidates, there is an age relaxation of 3 years.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or educational institute.
Note: These are the basic conditions to become a Bank PO in India. Additional requirements might be there depending upon country and banks.
Syllabus for Bank PO
While talking about a career in Banking as a Bank officer in India, one must know that the process is time-consuming and full of challenges. In order to become a PO examination, one needs to give a series of tests. It is necessary for applicants to qualify prelims, mains as well as a group exercise and interview part. Given below is a list of topics that might help you ace the exam:
|English Language||Numerical Ability||Reasoning Ability||General Awareness|
|Reading Comprehension||Number series||Puzzle and Arrangements||Banking Awareness|
|Cloze Test||Simplification/ Approximation||Inequality||Financial Awareness|
|Fillers||Quadratic Equations||Syllogism||Govt. Schemes and Policies|
|Spotting Errors||Data Interpretation||Coding-Decoding||Current Affairs|
|Sentence Improvement||Data Sufficiency||Input-Output||Static General Awareness|
|Fill in the Blanks||Miscellaneous||Data Sufficiency||–|
|Para Jumbles||Quantity Based Questions||Logical Reasoning||–|
|Paragraph Completion||–||Miscellaneous (Blood Relations, Direction sense, Order and Ranking, etc.)||–|
|Sentence Connectors||–||Computer Aptitude||–|
There are considerable chances for a bank PO to become a successful bank manager or, deputy manager, director or chairman with time and promotions. Applicants might also get investment banking jobs in future. There are various reputed banks in India which can be a suitable platform for you as an officer. The list is given below:
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Punjab National Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
You need to have impeccable skills in communication, reasoning and financial activities in order to set your benchmark as Bank probationary officer. Are you willing to gain those skills by pursuing banking courses? The list of banking courses offered by universities abroad is limitless. If you can’t decide which one to pick, let Leverage Edu find a suitable course with their unique AI tool and skyrocket your career!