Engineering entrance exams are categorized under the toughest exams in the world. Apart from JEE Advanced, BITJEE, VITJEE, there are various other exams that are conducted across the country to sanction engineering seats to well-deserving candidates. Every year, SRM University provides the facility to book SRM slot time for the SRMJEEE online at its own website. The slot booking process is done so that the candidates can select the date, venue, and time of the test as per their convenience. There are some steps and some prerequisites involved to do so, which we will cover through this blog. Read every step carefully and then go for slot booking because it is one of the important criteria to prepare for the exam!
This Blog Includes:
- Important Dates for SRM Slot Booking
- Instructions for SRM Slot Booking
- SRM Slot Booking Process
- How to Select the Best Test Date, Time and Venue for SRMJEEE 2021?
- Key Points about SRM Slot Booking
- What do you reserve with Slot Booking?
- SRMJEEE Admit Card
- Details Mentioned in The Admit Card
- How to Download your Admit card
- How to retrieve SRM Slot Booking Password?
- What do to if unable to complete SRM Slot Booking?
- What comes after the SRM Slot Booking?
- Why is SRM Slot Booking Important?
|Name of the Exam||SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Number of Applications||2 Lakhs (Approx)|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Conducting Body||Sri Ramaswami Memorial University, Chennai|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
Important Dates for SRM Slot Booking
The SRM slot booking is on a time basis, that is as soon as you can fill the slot, the better it is because once all the slots are filled, you won’t get any chance, and SRM University is fairly popular. SRM Slot booking will probably start from 18 May 2021. The slot booking will be done in two phases. Check out the important dates below so there is no chance that you would miss something.
|SRM slot booking phase 1||18 May 2021|
|Last date for SRM slot booking Phase 1||May 2021|
|SRM slot booking phase 2||18 July 2021|
|Last date for SRM slot booking phase 2||July 2021|
|SRMJEEE 2021 Exam dates Phase 1||23 May 2021 and 24 May 2021(3 slots)|
|SRMJEEE 2021 Exam dates Phase 2||25 July 2021 and 26 July 2021 (3 slots)|
Instructions for SRM Slot Booking
While making a slot selection for the upcoming SRMJEEE 2021, candidates must keep their default city as preference number one. Try to select 2nd and 3rd city choices as close as possible, this would save your travel time. Making the right centre choice can provide you with more time to prepare for the exam.
SRM Slot Booking Process
Leverage Edu eased the procedure by bifurcating them into steps. Take a look at them:
Step 1: Visit the official website of SRM.
Step 2: You should be an existing user there if not, register yourself now and then proceed to the next steps. Done? Now log in using the registered email id and valid password. If you forget your password in the future, we will teach you how to retrieve it below.
Step 3: After successfully logging into your account, look for the ‘book exam slot’ option.
Step 4: First thing to do is to select the exam venue. They hold the SRMJEE in 18 states in India.
Step 5: For SRM Slot Booking you have to next select the exam date and time from the drop-down menu given there.
Step 6: After filling all the details, check them again then click on ‘confirm SRM slot booking’
Step 7: After booking the slot, click on ‘view/print hall ticket’. Take a print out of that ticket and keep it secured.
That’s how you do the SRM Slot Booking.
As easy and convenient as it can get!
How to Select the Best Test Date, Time and Venue for SRMJEEE 2021?
Chances are when you are applying for SRMJEE 2021, you are applying for other exams as well. And so are other students. So, it’s important that you choose the best test date, time and venue for the SRMJEE exam.
- Make sure your SRMJEE exam date is not clashing with any other exam.
- Make sure you have enough preparation time between one exam and SRMJEEE.
- Choose the test centre that is closest to you and most convenient for you.
- The test timings should be in a time that it does not clash with any other important routine and you are free at least 2 hours before and after the exam timings.
- At last, re-check your details before submitting them.
Key Points about SRM Slot Booking
Here are some of the details that you must know about SRM Slot Booking before booking your own slot:
- Your first city choice will be considered your default test city.
- You will be allotted second or third choice only if your initial city choice has very less attendees.
- Make sure that you enter your own details and application number.
- More test centers will be added when more applicants choose a test centre.
What do you reserve with Slot Booking?
When you have reserved your slot, you will be reserving a seat in:
- Your desired date
- Your desired time
- Your desired venue
SRMJEEE Admit Card
You will be able to access your admit card after you have submitted your slot booking and the exam is at least one week after the date. You will have to download your admit card and keep it safely with you. Your admit card will be required on the day of your exam.
You will not be allowed to take the test if details in your admit card do not match with your ID. In case there are errors in your admit card, make sure to contact the authorities before any delay. The following details are where you can contact the SRM authorities and alter your admit card.
SRM Institute of Science and Technology
SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur,
Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu – 603203.
Information Center: +91-044-27455510, 044-47437500
Details Mentioned in The Admit Card
Your admit card will contain your application details. You need to thoroughly check them before taking the test. Here are the details in the admit card:
- Application Number
- Registration Number
- Examination Centre
- Venue of Examination
- Name of Candidate
- Address of Candidate
- Date of Examination
- Time of Examination
- Reporting Time
Instructions on the Admit Card
Your admit card will also have instructions related to your examination. The details will include:
- General Instruction
- Exam Pattern
- Timings and Breaks
- Information on the Test
How to Download your Admit card
You need to download the admit card as soon as you receive notification on it. Here is how you can download the admit card for SRMJEEE.
- Visit the official website of SRMJEEE.
- Open the candidate login portal
- Enter your login credentials
- Click on the link ‘SRM admit card download 2021’.
- Your SRM Admit Card will appear on the screen
- Download the admit card and take a print out for future reference.
How to retrieve SRM Slot Booking Password?
To book a slot for SRMJEEE all applicants have to login using their application number/username and password. In case you forget your password for SRM slot booking, Here are simple steps you can retrieve it:
- Visit the official website and go under the login tab.
- Click on Forget Password? Link.
- Enter your registered id and you will receive a link for a new password.
- Click on the link and enter your new password.
- Go back to the login page and use the new password for login.
What do to if unable to complete SRM Slot Booking?
Sometimes applicants are not able to book their SRM Slot for the Exam. In these rare cases, applicants can contact the concerned authority. Here are the steps:
- Log in to your candidate account.
- Click on the “Any Query Ask Us” tab on the dashboard.
- Post your query and you will receive a reply within 24 – 48 hours.
What comes after the SRM Slot Booking?
After all, applicants have successfully completed the steps of SRM slot booking, the admit card will be available and receive an SMS/Email regarding the admit card. You can download the admit card with a link sent on your registered mobile no. / Email address or from your candidate login portal. Take out two copies of admit card, without admit card no applicants are allowed to appear for SRMJEE.
Why is SRM Slot Booking Important?
While registering for SRMJEEE applicants have to select exam centers up to 3. From those 3 exam centers, applicants can book anyone through SRM Slot Booking. Without SRM slot booking applicants won’t be able to appear for the exam. Through SRM slot booking applicants can select the date, time (there is two shift), and venue. Without SRM slot booking, SRMJEEE admits card won’t be issued.
For the slot booking, the password is needed, but it is not hard to retrieve, follow the steps-
– Go to candidate login and click on ‘Forgot Password’.
– Next, you have to enter the registered email id in the space.
– Then, there will be an option to reset the password, from that you can change your password that will be sent on your email.
SRM slot booking lets the candidate select and book the venue, date and time of the test beforehand so they can book the seat for the exam. It is not easy to get a seat often because it is one first come first serve basis.
A selected date and time is always considered the best way to beat the exam stress. Plus students normally don’t give just one exam they give 2-3 so a slot booking can help them manage their times and dates for other exams.
After SRM slot booking the hall ticket and admit card would be available on the official site.
After slot booking, get ready to prepare well for the exams. Check our blog on Tips to crack Competitive Exams.
Hope you understood all the nitty-gritty involved in the SRM Slot Booking and can take a calculated decision for your careers. Speaking of careers, we at Leverage Edu make students’ dreams come true by guiding them towards their dream university abroad. And talking about slot booking, book your slot nowhere to get the expert advice from our mentors about your career.