For someone aspiring to study abroad, the primary concern lies in sorting the financial aspects of the higher studies. The increasing school and tuition fee are a constant concern and financial support of any kind can be a huge motivating and encouraging factor. Different organisations, individuals and foundations across the world are wielding their influence to help brilliant and exceptional students fulfil their ambitions without worrying about financial constraints. Scholarships are facilitated by various international institutions with a mission to provide the less unfortunate students with a platform to showcase their academic abilities. One such scholarship opportunity is the Aditya Birla Scholarship which we will discuss in a detailed manner in this blog.
This Blog Includes:
Must Read: LIC Scholarship 2021
Embodying the spirit and philosophy of the legendary leader of the Aditya Birla Group, the late Aditya Vikram Birla, this scholarship has a global mission rooted in traditional Indian values. Here is a brief overview of the Aditya Birla Scholarship:
- The Aditya Birla Scholarship is working in about 5000 villages and reaching out to almost 7.5 million students every year to provide them with immense academic and educational opportunities.
- The scholarship was introduced in 1999 and helps students avail networking prospects with the country’s first global conglomerate.
- This scholarship is awarded in partnership with BITS (Pilani), IITs, IIMs, Law campuses and XLRI.
- It is not compulsory to join the Aditya Birla Group after completing the course, but the offer to work with the company is always open for those eligible for the job profiles.
- The Aditya Birla Group sponsors this scholarship as a way of continuing Mr. Aditya Vikram Birla’s ideals of bringing out the hidden leaders in the world, especially those with a passion to move and lead forward.
- The scholarship believes in fostering the new generation of leaders, possessing outstanding excellence in academics and leadership abilities.
The Aditya Birla Scholarship covers a larger part of the academic and hostel fee of selected students of BITS/IIT streams along with some part of the tuition fee for students belonging to Law and Management streams. The scholarship details include:
- IIT/BITS (Pilani): Rs 1,00,000 per annum
- IIMs/XLRI: Rs 1,75,000 per annum
- LAW: Rs 1,80,000 per annum or the fee
The performance of the eligible candidates are constantly monitored every year for the scholarship renewal. The directors and deans of the various IITs, IIMs, XLRI, BITS (Pilani) and other law campuses administer the money and the cheques are sent directly from their offices. On the basis of the performance of a student during an ongoing course, the scholarship’s validity is determined. The scholarship deadlines are announced every year in the month of September.
Also Read: HDFC Scholarship
To apply for the Aditya Birla Scholarship, you are required to fulfil certain eligibility criteria. These requirements include:
- Students from the below-mentioned institutes are eligible for Aditya Birla Scholarship:
- XLRI- Jamshedpur
- BITS (Pilani) Campuses
- IIMs- Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Lucknow, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Shillong, Guwahati.
- IITs (B, Tech)- Delhi, Mumbai, Kanpur, Chennai, Kharagpur, Guwahati, Roorkee.
- Different Law Colleges such as:
- National Law University- Jodhpur,
- National Law School of India University- Bangalore,
- The WB National University of Juridical Sciences- Kolkata,
- Gujarat National Law University,
- NALSAR University of Law- Hyderabad
The students securing the top 20 positions in the entrance examinations for the above-mentioned colleges are eligible to apply for the scholarship. There are a total of 160 applicants from IITs and BITs Pilani, 180 applicants from IIMs and XLRI and about 100 students from Law campuses, out of which the scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic, co-curricular activities, essays and interview performances. All the interviews are conducted in Mumbai where all the arrangements are taken care of by the company.
Students who are eligible to apply for the Aditya Birla Scholarship must do so by filling the entire application form and then submit it to the Dean for consideration.
Also Read: Abdul Kalam Scholarship
Procedure for Selection
There is a detailed procedure which goes in for the selection of the Aditya Birla Scholar. They are mentioned below:
- All the shortlisted students will be invited for an interview, leading to deciding and choosing the 16 best students from engineering and management each and 8 from the law. All of them will be known as Aditya Birla Scholars.
- The shortlisted candidates’ interview is conducted by a panel full of eminent people belonging to academics.
- All shortlisted students should keep in mind that they must carry their documents which support their qualification, for example, copies of original mark sheets, copies of certificates, etc.
Renewal of Scholarship
If a scholar or candidate wants to get his/her scholarship renewed for the nest year then he/ she must meet the following criteria:
- The measures which will be used to gauge the Aditya Birla scholar for the purposes of renewing the scholarship will be both qualitative and quantitative.
- This will be done to judge the excellence of the Aditya Birla scholar in academics and on the leadership front.
- The said assessment is done every year until the scholar completes his/her course.
- The assessment for renewal of the scholarship helps to determine if the scholarship should be continued for a particular scholar and the disbursement of the amount of the scholarship.
- Renewal of the scholarship evaluates if a candidates performance is the same to continue being an Aditya Birla Scholar.
Criteria for Assessment
There is a criteria for assessment of the shcolars for the renewal of the scholarship. They are:
- The work done by the candidate throughout his/her course or duration of the programme.
- If the student falls in the top 25% of the entire batch population.
- The candidate must have got a minimum of 7 on 9 on the point scale as grades on his/her assignments.
- The candidate must write an easy of not more than 250 words, the topic of which should be – ‘Being an Aditya Birla Scholar – Experience Sharing’.
Here is some additional information for aspiring scholars who wish to apply for the Aditya Birla Scholarship:
- For renewal of the scholarship every year, all the scholars will be monitored closely for their performance in academics.
- The validity of the scholarship for the entire course of the selected student is subject to ongoing performance.
- Since the month of the announcement of the scholarship is September and it is given that by that time students have already paid the fees that is required, the institute/college/university will refund the amount that has been paid.
Explore: Moma Scholarship
Hopefully, this blog has provided you with the essential information about Aditya Birla Scholarship. Apart from this, there are numerous other scholarship opportunities that are sponsored by various organizations. Experts at Leverage Edu can assist you in finding the right scholarship to fund your higher studies abroad and help you advance in your dream career without worrying about financial constraints.