To oversee the allocation of financial aid to worthy students, the institution has formed a separate working committee on General Scholarships. Harvard University is a popular choice for students all over the world because it is one of the earliest renowned university education institutions in the United States. Harvard University is probably the best option for furthering your education in the United States, and a Harvard University Scholarship for Indian students is your passport to paying for your education there. Let’s look into Robert S Kaplan Life Sciences Fellowship for Indian Students.
|Name||Robert S. Kaplan Life Sciences Fellowship|
|Funded by||Robert Kaplan|
|University||Harvard Business School|
|Grant||The award is $10,000 for each year INR 7.37 lakhs|
|Eligibility||India +239 more countries|
|Number of awards||10|
This Blog Includes:
What is the Robert S. Kaplan Life Sciences Fellowship?
Robert S. Kaplan launched this fellowship in 2008 to encourage individuals with a life sciences background and professional ambitions to attend Harvard Business School. Robert S. Kaplan is the Martin Marshall Professor of Management Practice and a Senior Associate Dean at Harvard Business School. He was previously President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas. Kaplan was Vice Chairman of the Goldman Sachs Group before entering Harvard.
Scholarship amount will be given on a yearly basis:
|Type of Expense||Indicates if a scholarship can be used for this type of expense|
|Tuition & Fees||✔Scholarship amount can be used for this|
|Living Expense||×Not covered in the scholarship|
|Accommodation||×Not covered in the scholarship|
|Airfare/Travel Expenses||×Not covered in the scholarship|
|Spouse/Child Care||×Not covered in the scholarship|
|Health Cover||×Not covered in the scholarship|
|Application||×Not covered in the scholarship|
|Others||×Not covered in the scholarship|
Th following are the eligibility criteria for this fellowship:
- Applicants in the field of life science should have a strong academic background.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum IELTS band of 7.5, TOEFL score of 109, and PTE score of 75 are required.
- It is important to have prior work experience in a related field.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted must attend an interview.
Robert S. Kaplan Life Sciences Fellowship Application Process
The following are the application process instructions for the scholarship:
- LOR: You’ll need two referrals. Recommenders will be asked to complete the personal qualities and talents grid, as well as answer two more questions.
The following questions, as well as others, are included on the recommendation form.
How does the candidate’s performance, potential, background, or personal traits stack up against those of other well-qualified people in similar positions? Please be detailed with your examples. (maximum 300 words)
Please describe the most significant piece of constructive input you have provided to the applicant. Please be as specific as possible about the circumstances and the applicant’s answer. (maximum 250 words)
- Students must write an essay in response to the following question:
What else would you like us to know about you as we review your application and consider your candidacy for the Harvard Business School MBA programme?
The question does not have a word limit. The student must compose the response in plain English.
- CV: An up-to-date business resume submitted using the university’s online application system. This might be a basic business resume or CV for students. They don’t require it in any particular format.
- GMAT/GRE Scores Academic transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate universities attended
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores (English Language Proficiency)
- Acceptance of HBS Admissions Policies by Signature
You will be automatically considered for these Harvard University Scholarships for Indian students if you match the eligibility requirements. You must be accepted into a university-taught programme to be eligible. As a result, in order to be considered for this scholarship, you must be qualified for the programme.
The Harvard University scholarship is awarded based on a family’s annual income rather than merit. Financial aid experts work closely with students’ families to determine how much they can contribute and how much financial assistance they will require.
- The candidates’ credentials should reflect, academic achievements, professional accomplishments and some recognition outside the organization
- Students who are planning careers in science-related business domains will be given a preference
- The fellowship does not affect the eligibility criteria of the need-based HBS scholarship
While each university has its own set of scholarship criteria, applicants can improve their chances by demonstrating strong leadership skills through work experience, positive letters of recommendation from superiors or coworkers, a strong sense of purpose through SOPs, and a high GPA in the Bachelor’s programme.
Eligibility for need-based HBS Fellowships is unaffected by the Kaplan fellowship.
Students planning professions in science-related firms or organizations are given priority.
For both domestic and international students, the tuition charge at Harvard University can be rather substantial. For a year, it might cost roughly $44,900(36.9 lakhs). In addition, students must pay $3,950(INR 3,25 lakhs) in fees, $10,000 (INR 8.2 lakhs) in housing costs, and $6,630(INR 5.4 lakhs) in board costs. For a year, the total cost would be roughly $65,000(INR 53.5 lakhs). This figure refers to the post-graduate programme.
This was all about Robert S Kaplan Life Sciences Fellowship If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.