The University of Bath is one of the leading higher education institutions in the UK. The university received its royal charter in 1966 and is known for its expertise in teaching and research. Because of the university’s quality education, it has received a Gold award in the Teaching Excellence Framework by THE. The university holds a legacy of 54 years providing a wide range of programs from an undergraduate level to doctoral degrees. Apart from academic excellence, Bath is recognized for its student extra-curricular records too. It presented a range of international teams in the 2012 London Olympics. Read on to learn more about the University of Bath acceptance rate, facts and admission requirements for UG and PG programmes.
|University||University of Bath|
|Year of Foundation||1966|
|Type of University||Public|
|Location of Campus||Claverton Down|
|Acceptance Rate||10% – 20%|
|English Proficiency Test||IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, Duolingo|
|Application Portal & Fee||UCAS; 20 GBP – 26 GBP (INR 2,015- INR 2,620)|
|Work Experience||Required for Graduation courses|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Grants, and Loans|
This Blog Includes:
University of Bath Acceptance Rate
This 52-year-old university has a selective admissions policy based on entrance exams and student performance and grades. The University of Bath acceptance rate is between 10% – 20% for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. This implies that out of 100 applicants, only 10 – 20 students get selected which makes this UK university a very selective institution. Studying at Bath means joining the multicultural community of students. It is ranked #6 in the UK by the Guardian University Guide 2021 and #9 in the world as per the Times Good University Guide 2021.
Facts and Figures of Student Population
After getting well-versed with the University of Bath acceptance rate, let’s get familiar with certain facts and figures of this university. The University of Bath has more than 18,000 students enrolled. Over 30% of the students are international, representing over 130 nationalities. They are composed of:
- 13,619 undergraduate students
- 5,249 postgraduate students
- 53% female students
- 47% male students
- 0.1% who do not identify as either male or female
The eligibility criteria for undergraduate courses are listed below:
- Higher Senior Secondary School Certificate (Class 12th) with overall marks between 55% – 65%.
- All students must have mathematics at the equivalent of GCSE grade C/grade 4.
- Scores of English Proficiency with IELTS: 7.0 overall; PTE Academic: 62 – 69; TOEFL: 100 overall with a minimum of 24 in all components.
Mentioned below is the eligibility criteria for postgraduate courses:
- A bachelor’s degree with a final result of at least first class
- Scores of English Proficiency with IELTS: 6.5 overall; PTE Academic: 59 – 62, TOEFL: 90 overall with minimum 21 in all components.
Note: IELTS is an important part of the application process for UK universities. Register for the Leverage Live and get admission into your dream university in the UK with record-breaking scores!
After knowing the University of Bath acceptance rate and applying to a course of your choice, candidates will then be asked to submit the following supporting documents to be admitted to the university:
- Official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency score
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Essays (if asked)
- Portfolio (if required)
- Updated CV/Resume
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Bank Statements
- Passport copy
Know more about all the Documents Required for Applying to UK Universities
Applications to UK universities are submitted via the UCAS portal. The following steps will help you to apply to the University of Bath:
- Visit the UCAS portal and click on the “Apply Now”.
- Go through the course curriculum and the entry requirements
- To start with the application process, first, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address.
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with the OTP for verification. Use the login details and start filling in personal details such as name, gender, DOB, etc.
- Provide all your academic qualifications and upload the supporting documents.
- Select the course and pay the application fee. The application fee varies according to the university and the program. But the general application fee for applying to UK universities ranges from 20 GBP – 26 GBP (INR 2,015- INR 2,620).
- Make the payment through net banking, debit/credit card. Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account.
The University of Bath is known for its research and teaching excellence. It provides an outstanding student experience and provides superb preparation for the workplace.
The general academic criteria for admission is at least six GCSEs at grades A to B or 9 to 6. Also, at least a grade C or 4 in GCSE Mathematics and English.
It is one of the prestigious universities and is currently established as a top UK university with a good reputation for research and excellence. The university is famous for its programs in Science, Technology, Humanities, Business, Engineering, and Social Sciences.
The hardest universities to get into are the University of Oxford, University of Cambridge, Imperial College London, University of Leeds, London School of Economics and Political Sciences.
This was all about the University of Bath acceptance rate. Planning to apply at the University of Bath? Our Leverage Edu experts and counsellors will ensure end-to-end support for your application. Call us at 1800572000 today and secure your admit!