Do you want to bring the engineering and design worlds together? If ‘Yes’, you are at the right blog. In this blog, we are going to cover each and everything one must be aware of while thinking of pursuing his/her ME design engineering degree. Keep on reading to know more.
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s qualification in engineering, or an appropriate science (Physics) and technology subject areas|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 9,50,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4,00,000|
|English Proficiency Test||IELTS or TOEFL or PTE|
This Blog Includes:
- About ME Design Engineering
- Why Study ME Design Engineering?
- Universities Offering Design Engineering Degrees Abroad
- Universities Offering Design Engineering Degrees in India
- Recommended Books
- Admission Process
- Cost of Study
- Job Prospects
- Future Scope
- Recruiting Companies
- Average Salary
About ME Design Engineering
It is a 1-2 years postgraduate program that takes place full-time. It deals with teaching and imparting knowledge on how engineering products are designed. Aiming to provide some hands-on experience to people interested in exploring engineering disciplines, this degree is intended for use in an introductory engineering design course. With an emphasis on the design process, human factors, optimization, and computer-aided engineering, the course enhances the fundamental design and engineering skills making this course more demanding.
Why Study ME Design Engineering?
- The course combines engineering design and industrial design in order to prepare modern engineers for careers as practitioners or managers.
- The program develops engineering design skills that are both technologically advanced and transferable.
- The course would allow students to gain a better understanding of technical system theory, modern design tactics and practices, and engineering design methodology.
- Submitting your project under this program will show the student’s creativity and innovative mindset.
Universities Offering Design Engineering Degrees Abroad
You can find the list of the universities abroad offering the degree below:
|University of Plymouth||UK||MSc Advanced Engineering Design|
|Loughborough University||UK||MSc in Engineering Design|
|University of Manchester||UK||MSc in Mechanical Engineering Design|
|Brunel University London||UK||MSc in Advanced Engineering Design|
|University of Ottawa||Canada||Master of Engineering in Entrepreneurial Engineering Design|
|University of Prince Edward Island||Canada||Master of Science, Sustainable DE|
|McMaster University||Canada||Master of Engineering Design (M.Eng. Design)|
Universities Offering Design Engineering Degrees in India
You may find the list of colleges offering the required course in India below:
- BITS Pilani
- Gujarat Technological University
- Vishwakarma Institute of Technology – VIT
- Vasavi College of Engineering
- Shri Vinayaka Institute of Management and Technology
- Modern Education Society’s College of Engineering
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Advanced Mathematics||Analysis and Synthesis of Mechanisms|
|Material Science and Mechanical Behaviour of Materials||Advanced Mechanical Vibrations|
|Advanced Stress Analysis||Finite Element Method|
|Research Methodology||Elective II|
|Lab Practice I||Lab Practice II|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Optimization Techniques||Seminar III|
|Mechanical Measurements and Controls||Project Work Stage II|
|Project Stage I||–|
|Name of the book||Author|
|Shigley’s Mechanical Engineering Design||Richard G. Budynas, J. Keith Nisbeth|
|Technical Drawing||Thomas Ewing French|
|Universal Principles of Design||William Lidwell|
To be eligible for the course you must satisfy the following conditions:
- You must qualify for the English proficiency test: TOEFL or IELTS or PTE.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized university is required.
- A Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Admission for this course is on the basis of merit and some prestigious Universities and colleges conduct entrance examinations for the same.
In order to apply, several factors are considered. These include the application process specified by your college, the visa process of your country, and various other details. Leverage Edu simplifies the process for you and makes it easier for you to take admission to your dream university abroad.
Cost of Study
|Countries||Annual Average Fees|
|UK||£ 21,000 (INR 21,00,000)|
|Canada||C$ 37,900 (INR 23,00,000)|
|USA||$52,600 (INR 40,00,000)|
To know more about the cost-related queries, you may check out the cost calculator of Leverage Edu to sort all your queries.
- Designers are in high demand in India and around the world. The growth of machine design in this industry is increasing as more people become interested in this field. This industry is experiencing rapid growth, and design engineering is expected to be the highest-paying career path.
- Professionals in the thermal power industry, air conditioning and refrigeration industry, gas turbines industry, oil and gas exploration and refining industries, educational sector, agricultural sector, shipping industries, armed forces, automobile industry, pharmaceutical, and many other related fields can perform the work.
- Bachelors can also pursue a teaching career after completing this course. Machine Design is one of the subjects taught in our country’s top colleges and universities. The pay package for professors in this field of engineering is competitive.
- Ph.D.: If a student wishes to continue their education in the same field, the first program of choice is a Ph.D. It is a three to five-year course with eligibility requirements such as a ME Degree in related disciplines.
- MBA: A large number of engineering postgraduates prefer to go into management by pursuing a PGDM or MBA program. Admission to this course is based on a national-level entrance exam.
Here is the list of the companies who generally recruit, check it out!
- Firms that provide design consultancy
- Large manufacturers
- The biomedical industry
- Engineering firms
- Consumer goods manufacturers
|Countries||Average Annual Salaries|
|UK||£ 36,860 (INR 36,86,000)|
|Canada||C$ 73,000 (INR 44,41,000)|
|USA||$ 36,900 (INR 28,00,000)|
It is a type of engineering in which engineering knowledge is combined with the design industry. Here, engineers design new products and develop the manufacturing systems that support them.
Technical skills, creativity, analytical thinking, time management, alertness, teamwork, good communication skills, etc.
Choosing the best Engineering courses can open up an enormous array of job opportunities, and some of the most respected organizations recruit both fresh graduates and experienced professionals. You do not have to worry about choosing the right course that fits your career needs if you are confused about what you need! Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and we can help you discover the perfect career based on your unique strengths and abilities. Get in touch with our experienced counselors at Leverage Edu at 1800-572-000.