Being a student definitely has its advantages. Apart from being able to hang out with your friends and party, you get to enjoy a lot of perks. When you’re travelling, having a student ID can cut down the costs of your flights, hotels and restaurants. You might also be entitled to student discounts in the USA on some major services and products. Whether you are a high school, college or university student, these discounts will make your life easier. Not only do students get discounts on entertainment and travel but also on shopping, food and more. Even if you are not a full-time student but are still in high school or college, you can use these free offers as they are open to all students in the USA.
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of Studying in the USA
The following are some of the important reasons why international students choose USA as their study destination for higher education:
- The United States of America has been home to some of the most remarkable students in history who left their imprint on the world.
- The country has produced great minds from all walks of life who have been the torchbearers for the American dream and risen high above the rest.
- This land has also given birth to many educational institutions that have been a breeding ground for talent generation around the world.
- From Ivy League universities to community colleges, every single nook and corner of this land is covered with schools that produce and nurture genius minds, which go on to become true leaders in their respective fields.
- Due to its top-notch education system, there are many opportunities for students to get involved in various activities, both on and off campus while they are pursuing their college degrees. This is where these opportunities arise.
Also Read: PhD Scholarships in the USA
Getting Student Discounts in the USA
Trying to find the best online discount store is a bit tricky because there are hundreds of other online stores offering similar discounts. Students can take advantage of these offers and save big bucks but they should be wise enough in choosing which store to buy from. These days, it is not enough for them to purchase a product, they must also make sure that they can get the best deal for their money. In order to do this, they should first check out some of the most popular online discount stores and see what kinds of deals they have on offer.
Understanding the different types of student discounts in the US is essential for any international student who wants to get a good deal.
To make things easier for international students, these discounts are available for both full-time and part-time students. Most of the time, you don’t need proof or an ID to prove that you’re a student, but it’s still recommended to bring your school ID or other proof that you’re a student.
Discounts – Discounts are one great way of saving money while you shop for your textbooks or any other stuff that you might need for your classes or extracurricular activities. Many popular bookstores offer lots of discounts to college students as a way of enticing them into shopping at their stores over others.
And it doesn’t just stop with books — there are plenty of other deals that students can take advantage of, including these:
- Discounts on software
- Free entrance to venues such as museums and zoos
- Discounts on gym memberships and health club fees
- Discounts on rental cars (especially from Avis)
- Free or discounted tickets to movies and sporting events and much more
Types of Student Discounts in USA
Being a student gives you the privilege to access discounts. You can get discounts on many items, especially when it comes to your education, and these can be very helpful in making your life a little easier. If you are a student, then you should start looking online for great deals and promotions. There are many websites that offer special discounts and deals to students, which can be of great help if you are on a budget. Below are some of the most common discounts offered to students:
- International Student Identity Card: If you want to enjoy even more discounts while studying abroad, then an international student card is what you need. These cards come with various benefits such as free admission to museums and attractions, free travel insurance, free worldwide emergency assistance and much more.
- Student Advantage Card: This card allows students who have paid their college fees to get discounts at major US stores such as Target and Best Buy.
- Student Lovers Card: This card offers students enormous savings as well as access to numerous deals and promotions at over 1,500 participating businesses across the US.
The first place where students can find free student discount coupons are on their school email lists or websites. Discount coupons for popular brands like Best Buy, Dicks Sporting Goods, JCPenney and Old Navy can be found at school email lists or websites which have promotion codes for these brands. There are also other sites like Groupon and LivingSocial that offer discounted coupons through their sites and emails too. Aside from these two sites, there are also other sources that offer promo codes.
Also Read: Top Universities in USA
How to get the Student discounts in USA?
To get the best deals, you’ll need a student ID and an American bank account.
You can get a free NUS card from any campus to prove that you’re a student. You can also apply for one online at the NUS website. Most universities in the US will also provide you with a student ID.
If you don’t have one of these but are planning to study in the US, you should still be able to use your passport as proof of your status as a student. You can then open a bank account using this and will be able to take advantage of the perks outlined below.
Also Read: MBA in USA
Discount on Food Deals
From free burgers to student discount nights, there are plenty of ways to save on food while studying. While many restaurants offer discounts for students, some of the best deals are to be found at fast-food chains and coffee shops. Here’s where to find them:
- Burger King: You can get a 10% discount on your meal. Take along your student ID or use the UNiDAYS app (for students aged 16–25).
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Students can score a free medium beverage (regularly $3) when they sign up for Dunkin’ Perks Rewards and show their student ID at checkout.
- McDonald’s: There are no nationwide student discounts at McDonald’s, but you may find offers advertised on menus in individual stores.
- Panera Bread: Students can get a 10% discount with their IDs or by using the UNiDAYS app.
- Subway: Subway offers a 10% student discount at participating locations. Show your ID or use the SUBCARD app.
- Wendy’s: Order your meal through the Wendy’s app and get a free junior frosty dessert with any purchase – perfect for those late-night
Discount on Travel Deals
Get affordable travel deals – Once you have a valid ID that shows that you’re currently enrolled in school, you can use it to get affordable tickets for a variety of airlines. Most airlines offer student discounts for domestic travel, as well as international airfares. It’s always good to check the prices before booking so you won’t miss any available deals
When you’re looking for student discounts, it’s important to know that you need to prove you are a student in order to receive them. Some shops will accept a photocopy of your student ID, while others may ask to see the original.
In some cases, you may be asked to show additional proof of student status. If this happens, take your enrollment letter or proof of enrollment with you, as this usually satisfies any doubts about your student status.
To know more about such study abroad services contact our experts from Leverage Edu at 1800 572 000.