Health administration is a field that involves healthcare management and administration. Health is a priority for all of us which makes the efficient management of healthcare systems a necessity. Master of Health Administration in Australia can be a 1.5 to 3-year-long program. The program can cost around 14,000 to 47,280 AUD (INR 7.40 Lakh to 25.01 Lakh) per year. Furthermore, the healthcare industry is one of the largest employing industries in Australia. It is a crucial industry where health administrators play a central role in the management and administration of hospitals, healthcare centres, and medical and health services. In this blog we will discuss about Master of Health Administration in Australia.
|Degree Types||Master of Health Administration|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Program Types||Part-Time, Full-Time|
|English Proficiency||IELTS: 6.5 | TOEFL: 79|
This Blog Includes:
- About Health Administration
- Masters in Health Administration: What is It?
- Why Study in Australia?
- Masters in Health Administration in Australia: Specializations and Subjects
- Top Universities for Master of Health Administration in Australia
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Application Process
- Cost of Studying
- Career Prospects
About Health Administration
The demand for healthcare managers and administrators is increasing due to the growth in the healthcare sector. It is a dynamic field that offers multiple opportunities for growth. Through this program, students will learn new skills and develop valuable expertise. Moreover, this course will provide the satisfaction of bettering people’s health and improving health facilities. The professionals in the field aim to provide equal access and better quality care to people.
Masters in Health Administration: What is It?
A 2-year postgraduate degree programme in health administration allows students or professionals to develop their careers and take on roles in finance or healthcare companies. It offers a range of abilities required to organise, direct, and coordinate services in a number of healthcare settings. The combination of business (markets, finance, and accounting) and health care themes in a master’s degree in health administration aids students in deepening their comprehension of healthcare systems and acquiring the necessary leadership skills.
Also Read; Study in Australia: Comprehensive 2023 Guide
Why Study in Australia?
The following are the top reasons to study in Australia:
- Australian universities are known for their world-class education and are globally valued and recognized.
- Studying in Australia will provide you with an incredible experience in terms of culture and education.
- It offers a supportive environment for students to study.
- The Australian lifestyle is laid back which improves productivity and facilitates a better understanding.
- Australia hosts a multicultural environment with many different ethnicities allowing you to build global networks.
- Studying in Australia can help you gain work experience from the leading companies in the world.
Must Read: Australia Awards Scholarship 2023
Masters in Health Administration in Australia: Specializations and Subjects
The Masters in Health Administration curriculum in Australia often comprises a variety of administrative, statistical, and healthcare topics, depending on the chosen programme. In Australia, a few of the topics covered by master’s programmes in health administration are:
- Policy, Strategy, and Change
- Economics of Healthcare
- Financial Administration
- Leadership in health workforce management
- Clinical Management
- Management of Risk
- Making Decisions Based on Evidence: Health and Aged Care Systems and Operations
- Strategic Change Management
Top Universities for Master of Health Administration in Australia
The following are the top universities for Master of Health Administration in Australia:
|Universities||QS World Ranking 2023|
|University of New South Wales||45|
|University of Technology Sydney||137|
|University of Wollongong||185|
|La Trobe University||316|
|University of South Australia||363|
|University of Melbourne||33|
The following topics are covered in the syllabus of the Master of Health Administration in Australia:
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Hospital Environment and Healthcare||Organization and Management|
|Economics of Healthcare||IT for Hospitals|
|Hospital Engineering and Planning||Management of Hospital Operations|
|Patient Care and Behaviour||Operations Research|
|Healthcare Insurance||Pharmaceutical and Management|
|Markering of Hospital Services||Hospital Quality Management|
A candidate must meet the following criteria to study master of health administration in Australia:
- A student must have completed at least 15 years of education which include 10+2+3.
- A student must have completed their undergraduate degree in a related discipline like health science from a recognized university.
- You may be required 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
The following are the documents you will require to pursue a Master in Health Administration in Australia:
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
The application process takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process to pursue Master of Health Administration in Australia:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Cost of Studying
The cost of studying in Australia depends on the type of degree program you are applying for. The following are the cost of studying in Australia:
|Level of Course||Cost/ year||In INR|
|Undergraduate Program||AUD 20,000 – 45,000||10.93 – 24.59 Lakh|
|Postgraduate Program||AUD 22,000 – 50,000||12.02 – 2732 Lakh|
|Doctoral Degree||AUD 18,000 – 42,000||9.83 – 22.95 Lakh|
Cost of Living in Australia
The average cost of living in Australia is AUD 1,400 – 2,500 or INR 72,349 – 1.29 Lacs per month. However, this cost will vary depending on the city of your stay. The following are the cost of basic amenities in Australia:
|Category||Cost per Month||In INR|
|Rent||AUD 750-1,700||38,758 – 87,852|
|Basic Utilities||AUD 200||10,335|
|Food and Beverages||AUD 500-100||25,839 – 51,678|
|Transportation||AUD 30-70||1,550 – 3,617|
Healthcare is one of the largest employing areas, providing abundant of career opportunities in sectors such as government agencies, patient care services, NGOs, hospitals, human resources, etc. One can also choose to opt for higher studies like PhD in health administration or pursue individual research projects.
Jobs and Salary
|Health Administrator||$71,565||58.38 Lakh|
|Assistant Health Manager||$110,000||89.73 Lakh|
|Clinical Research Manager||$111,774||91.18 Lakh|
|Nursing Homes Administrators||$98,737||80.54 Lakh|
|Clinical Manager||$116,603||95.12 Lakh|
The following the top recruiting companies in healthcare:
- United Health Group
- Abbott Laboratories
- CVS Health
- University of Pittsburg Medical Center
- Cardinal Health Inc
- Johnson and Johnson
A. The average cost of living in Australia is AUD 1,400 – 2,500 or INR 72,349 – 1.29 Lacs per month. However, this cost will vary depending on the city of your stay.
A. University of New South Wales, La Trobe University, Murdoch University, etc are some of the top universities to pursue master of health administration in Australia.
A. The following are the top reasons to study in Australia:
Australian universities are known for their world-class education and are globally valued and recognized
Studying in Australia will provide you with an incredible experience in terms of culture and education
It offers a supportive environment for students to study
So, we hope that this blog has provided you with the relevant information on master of health administration in Australia And if you pursue this course or any other course abroad, contact Leverage Edu for full assistance. You can also call us at 1800572000 and book a free session today!