YUVA Mentoring Scheme is a programme initiated by PM Narendra Modi to support young authors. This initiative aims to promote Indian heritage through the literary works of budding authors. A total of 75 candidates will be selected and offered proper support to harness their writing skills and contribute to the nation’s intellectual discourse.
Important Details of YUVA Mentoring Scheme
Under the YUVA mentoring scheme, authors below the age of 30 will be selected. Candidates must express themselves on any international platform. This scheme shall also be in tune with PM’s vision of “Global Citizen” and establish India as a Vishwa Guru.
“Essentially, the scheme envisions cultivating modern ambassadors of Indian literature as the country heads towards 75 years of independence. Our country is ranked 3rd in the arena of book publishing, and to further boost this treasure trove of indigenous literature, it is imperative that we project this at the global stage.”
“This scheme will help not only develop a stream of writers who can write on a spectrum of subjects to promote Indian heritage, culture and knowledge, but also provide a window to the aspiring youth to articulate themselves in their mother tongue and represent India at an international level”
The selection procedure for the YUVA Mentoring Scheme is as follows –
- An All India Contest will be conducted at MyGov to select a total of 75 authors
- A committee constituted by NBT will make the selection
- The contest will be held from 4th June to 31st July 2021
- The contest will require contestants to submit a 5,000 words manuscript to judge its suitability to be developed as a proper book under the scheme
- The selected authors names will be announced on 15th August 2021
- Under mentorship and guidance, the selected authors will be asked to prepare a final manuscript for selection
- The entries of the winners will be considered ready for publication by 15th December 2021
- The published books will be finally launched on 12th January 2022 on YUVA DIVAS or the National Youth Day.
How To Apply?
Please follow the below mentioned steps to apply for the scheme –
- Visit the official website- Mygov.in
- Go to the ‘Innovate India’ section
- Go to the YUVA portal by clicking on innovateindia.mygov.in/yuva/
- Then click on ‘CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT’
- A login page will open wherein you must fill in the required details to register yourself
- Sign in using the ID password that has been generated
- Proceed and fill in the form correctly.
The training phase will be conducted in 2 phases that are as follows:
Phase I – 3 months
The NBT (National Book Trust) will organise a two weeks’ writers’ online programme for the selected candidates. The young authors will be mentored by two eminent authors. These two authors will be from NBT’s panel of accomplished authors and writers. After the completion of the online programme, the authors will be trained for two weeks at various online/on-site national camps organised by NBT.
Phase II – 3 months
During this phase, the selected candidates will get opportunities to expand their understanding and also work on their skills through interactions at various events. Like literary festivals, book fairs, virtual book fairs, cultural exchange programmes, etc.
- After the completion of the mentorship, the authors will be paid a consolidated scholarship of Rs 50,000 per month for a period of 6 months.
- A book or a series of books written by young authors will be published by NBT, India.
- The authors will be paid a royalty of 10% on successful publications of their books at the end of the Mentorship Program.
Their published books will be translated into other Indian languages to ensure the exchange of culture & literature and promote Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
Check Out – How to Become a Writer?
This was all about the YUVA mentoring scheme launched by PM Narendra Modi. Hope you found this to be informative. For more informative content, stay connected with Leverage Edu!