You must have observed that studying your favourite subject might feel like a dream sequence while the weaker concepts seem to be hellish nightmares. You will be able to smoothly cover some subjects while struggle in few. Are you searching for the best direction to study? Then, there exist many theories to support you in this quest of learning. One such explanation is rooted in our traditional Hindu architectural system known as Vastu Shastra. As suggested by its name, the theory defines the architectural design of the study atmosphere with a hint of spiritual thoughts and traditional beliefs. You must be curious to know more about what exactly is the best direction to Study as per Vastu Shastra. Let’s help you with all the details of this multidisciplinary approach based on basic knowledge of Astrology, Astronomical Science and Yogashastra (the science of Yoga).
This Blog Includes:
Best Direction to Study According to Vastu
Is south direction good for studying? Or is it East? Finding the perfect combination of comfort as well as Vastu will definitely help you align better with your goals. Here is what you should know about the best direction to study according to Vastu:
- According to Vastu, the best direction to study is by sitting in a North-East room while facing North or East
- Which direction should you face while studying? You must always face the East or West direction while studying. If that’s not possible, then you can face North as well.
- If that is not available, a room facing North or East would also work for you.
- Other than this, Vastu also recommends to study on a regular-shaped table made with the best quality of wood and make sure that you are at least 3-4 inches away from the wall not directly facing it.
- A gap signifies open space and new ideas flow in our mind.
Why is East or North the Best Direction to Study as per Vastu?
We all know the sun rises from the East, moves towards the North and descends in the West. The direction of North signifies progress while the East is the direction of growth, achievement, and prosperity.
Now let us take a look at some Vastu tips so that we can concentrate better while studying facing the best direction:
- As per Vastu, the study room shall be facing towards the east or west direction of the house.
- It is recommended that one shall not have a door right behind their study chair. Instead, they can have a wall behind it.
- The study table must be placed as per the best direction to study.
- The wall in front of the study table must have a motivational poster and shall not be blank.
- It is also recommended that the East and North walls of the room shall not contain cabinets. On the other hand, all the storage cabinets of books shall be placed on South and West walls.
- A mirror should not be near the study table as it causes distraction.
Best Direction for Study Table by Vastu
Just as which is the best direction to study, equivalent importance is given to finding the best direction for study table. Having your study table at the right spot is of utmost importance as per Vastu. The right placing of the study table helps students concentrate better on their lessons.
- According to Vastu, North or East is the best direction for your study table as this direction can boost your concentration.
- Vastu says it is essential to leave some good gap between the wall and the study table.
- Vastu has also suggested the best direction for keeping the books. As per Vastu experts, the ideal direction for keeping your books is the North-East.
Concentration plays a crucial role while studying; therefore a de-cluttered environment and clean study table at all time increase our ability to focus well. A clean desk is like a fresh canvas symbolic to the land of possibilities for the creative and it is easier to do stuff at a neat table for anybody. You can also put some inspirational posters or ideas on the wall in front of your study table.
Do you know which is the best direction to study by feng shui? Just as Vastusharta, Feng Shui also recommends the similar best directions to study, that are, North and East.
Best Direction to Study Scientifically
Here is how you can find the best direction to study as per Science:
- Exercising and Yoga helps to increase the level of crucial Brain-derived Neurotropic Factor which is essential for the growth of brain cells, mood and learning. They also help to release powerful hormones like Serotonin (the mood booster), Norepinephrine (for awareness and concentration) and Dopamine (for attention and learning).
- Cramming doesn’t work because it is important for you to transfer the information from short-term memory to long-term memory.
- Know what you’re studying to reduce anxiety and improve performance
- Learning concepts with an intention to teach allows you to actively understand better and the information is stored away in the memory, and not just passively looked over.
- Testing yourself on the materials learnt is more effective than reading it over and over.
- Deep sleep does wonders when looking for the best direction to study. Sleeping after studying encourages the memories of information learnt to be wired into your brain cells.
- Before you’re planning to study a difficult subject or topic, find some private time to strike a power pose like Superman or Wonder Woman to help reduce Cortisol (stress hormones).
- If you’re not sure you can do it, act like you can and eventually your mind won’t know the difference and will believe you can do anything – which you can.
Best Direction to Study for Competitive Exams
Now that you know the best direction of study both according to Vastu and Science, here are some general tips you can utilise to ace competitive exams:
- Set a routine and plan your studies beforehand
- Choose a place that is free from distractions
- Take regular short breaks between your studies
- Eat healthily and engage in physical activities and relaxation exercises such as Yoga to boost your concentration
To know more, check out our exclusive blog on How to Prepare for Competitive Exams!
Using the Right Colours While Studying
Provided that you have understood which is the best direction to study for competitive exams, adding the spark of right colour will act as icing on the cake. As per Vastu principles use a light or neutral colour scheme for better learning power. Colours influence our mind and soul and have a very profound impact on our intellect and psychology. Yellow is known to regulate our emotions while violet is directly related to spirituality, good character, the stability of mind and gives us protection.
Vaastu is also a big supporter of warm colours on the walls, stationery, and the decor to increase positivity. Be meticulous and plan ahead to enhance your understanding capability, memory’s retention power and increase your interest in studies. If you follow these Vastu tips properly then the benefits are favourable.
This was a traditional approach to the best direction to study. Wondering what’s the best direction to study as per Leverage Edu?
The Realistic Answer for the Best Direction to Study
Well, this knowledge is inspired by the age-old principles of Vastu Shastra with a hint of Feng Shui to increase your productivity. But if you’re looking for the best direction to study, you must be struggling to focus your concentration on studies. We at Leverage Edu believe in the idea of tireless endeavour and rigorous hard work to achieve your heart’s desire instead of only relying on Vastu techniques. If we stick to our quest for the expected outcome, we will never be deprived of success. It is very difficult to choose amongst so many study techniques. Also, due to the lack of information, to see what actually suits your traits and personality, individuals take a fair amount of time to understand what they actually want and where to start from.
According to Vastu Shastra, the best direction to study is to sit in a north-east room while facing either the north or the east.
No, south is not considered as a good direction for studying. According to Vastu, you should either face North or East Direction for studying.
As per the Vastu Shastra, light or neutral colour schemes increase our concentration and focus, especially yellow and violet.
Scientifically, exercise and yoga can help boost learning abilities since it contributes to the growth of brain cells along with assisting in the release of powerful hormones which can aid in learning.
Well, this is what we do. We will help you identify the aptest point to start your career and make sure it will be highly rewarding. So if you are determined to find the best direction to study, reach out to our counsellors at Leverage Edu and be sure to walk on an ideal path of success.