Once in a while, you might have come across days when you feel like giving up on something you are passionate about and look for a ray of hope to move forward. Yes, there is no shame in admitting this—such is life. Even the greatest scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs faced adversity at some time in their lives. But what kept them going, despite failures, was their pertinacity and perseverance. Precisely, the message we want to convey is that what we want to say to you is that “Don’t Give Up!”. Here are some of the inspirational science quotes by the greatest scientists, to inspire and motivate you. Let’s begin!
This Blog Includes:
Check Out: Top Educational Quotes to Keep You Motivated
“Two things are infinite the universe and human stupidity and I am not sure about the universe.”
Quoted by the renowned physicist Albert Einstein, this science quote tells us his humorous take on the universe and human beings. It was also listed in the Ego, Hunger and Aggression: a Revision of Freud’ Theory and Method by Fredrick S.
“I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”
Mentioned in the Memoirs of Life, Writing, and Discoveries of Sir Issac Newton by Sir David Brewster, this quote tells us to go beyond the set boundaries of life and strive towards exploring the great discoveries that haven’t been found yet.
“It is strange that only extraordinary man made the discoveries which later appears so easy and simple.” –
George C. Lichtenberg
A significant one in our list of inspirational science quotes, this one highlights how the things that we find simple and easy were actually discovered by someone extraordinary! It beautifully outlines how the ordinary things of the present were actually invented by an extraordinary individual of the past.
“The most important thing is to never stop questioning.”
— Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein teaches us about the quintessential need for curiosity in our life through this motivational science quote. Einstein has always emphasised on the essence of questioning things because sometimes questions are the things you need to become a true scientist of life!
“Life cannot have had a random beginning… The trouble is that there are about 2,000 enzymes, and the chance of obtaining them all in a random trial is only one part in 10^40,000 an outrageously small probability that could not be faced even if the whole universe consisted of organic soup.”
Amongst the famous Science quotes, this one by the notable Astronomer Fred Hoyle upon the remarkable and uniquely time phenomena of human life.
Check out our exclusive list of Educational Movies!
“There is no law except the law that there is no law.”
John Archibald Wheeler
This quote by the eminent American Physicist John Archibald Wheeler describes that there are no bounds to human imagination and it makes anything possible!
Must Read: Different Learning Methods
“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
— Carl Sagan
Science often lies on the verge of innovations and discoveries and that’s what this simple yet inspirational quote by the iconic Carl Sagan ponders upon!
“There may be babblers, wholly ignorant of mathematics, who dare to condemn my hypothesis, upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not, and scorn their unfounded judgement.”
This inspirational quote is stated by the great Astronomer Copernicus who proposed that the sun is the centre of the universe. He was condemned by the church for his discoveries and through this quote, he essentially highlights that he does not value the opinion of religion on his discovery because it has always been ignorant of science.
Related Read: Motivational Movies for Students
“The black holes of nature are the most perfect macroscopic objects there are in the universe: the only elements in their construction are our concepts of space and time.”
This remarkable quote is delivered by the American Astrophysicist Subramanyam Chandrashekhar in his work, Mathematical Theory of Black Hole. He even received a Nobel Prize for Physics in 1983.
“Falsity in intellectual action is intellectual immorality.”
Thomas Crowder Chamberlain
Listed amongst the famous Science quotes, this one was given TC Chamberlain at the annual commencement of the University of Michigan. He states that being untrue and false in one’s intellectual actions is the worst kind of immorality in the world of intellectuals.
Our Top Read: Motivational Quotes for Medical Students
“The saddest aspect of life right now is that it gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”
Written by the American biochemist and prolific science writer, this quote contemplates upon the limitations of wisdom as well as the human habit of evaluating information over understanding.
“We pass through this world but once. Few tragedies can be more expensive than the stunting of life, few injustices deeper than the denial of an opportunity to strive or even to hope, by a limit imposed from without but falsely identified as lying within.”
Stephen Jay Gould
This popular quote was written by the famous Palaeontologist Dr Gould who invented the theory of punctuated equilibrium. He ponders upon how striving for hope is something that has been consistently denied in our society and is a limit which has always restrained us from enjoying life at its best.
Here’s a detailed guide on How to Become a Motivational Speaker?
“Science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind.”
This simple yet incredibly motivational quote describes the debated and controversial relationship between Religion and Science. Einstein has implied here that both these are equally connected with each other.
“The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
This quote aims to shed light on the vital difference between facts and opinions. Science as a domain has always been free of error but it is the human interpretation that has been erroneous at times.
“You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him discover it in himself.”
As one of the most relatable science quotes, this one by Galilei underlines the importance of self-learning. Further, it also states that a man can only be assisted while discovering the aspects of life.
“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”
Being the first woman to be awarded a Nobel Prize in 1903, Marie Curie presented this inspirational quote which motivates us to not to limit our innate strive towards exploring the unknown.
“I have seen the further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
Written by Isaac Newton in a letter to Robert Hooke in 1676, this quote emphasizes the importance of stepping ahead for the betterment of self and society and overcoming all the hurdles and obstacles that might come in one’s path.
“Real science can be far stranger than science fiction and much more satisfying.”
This is one of the most revered science quotes by Stephen Hawking which elaborates upon how the real science is more interesting and satisfying that the science fiction we read or watch. This is because science is a whole amazing world in itself that can never be fully captured through fiction!
“Science knows no country because knowledge belongs to humanity and is the torch which illuminates the world.”
One of the earliest scientists in biology, Louis Pasteur emphasises upon the universal nature of science just like the universal aspect of knowledge itself because both these lighten up the world!
“Science is simply the word to describe a method of organizing our curiosity.”
— Tim Minchin
- “The laws of physics is the canvas God laid down on which to paint his masterpiece”- Dan Brown.
- “Not only is the Universe stranger than we think, it is stranger than we can think.”- Werner Heisenberg.
- “Energy is liberated matter, matter is energy waiting to happen.”- Bill Bryson.
- “Energy is a liberated matter.”- Bill Bryson.
- “Physicists have come to realize that mathematics, when used with sufficient care, is a proven pathway to truth.”- Brian Greene.
- “It doesn’t matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn’t matter how smart you are. If it doesn’t agree with the experiment, it’s wrong.”- Richard P. Feynman.
- “Every man who receives a liberal education now counts chemistry among the most indispensable objects of his studies.”- Antoine Francois Fourcroy
- “I’m a science geek. I even have a T-shirt with a glow-in-the-dark chart of the periodic elements.”-Peter Krause
- “Wonder is the heaviest element on the periodic table. Even a tiny fleck of it stops time.”- Diane Ackerman
- “Stevia does something funny to the chemistry of my mouth. There’s no fooling a taste bud, in my experience.”- Jonathan Franzen
- “I was also interested in formulating the path of chemical reactions.”- Kenichi Fukui
- “The body tends to treat elements in the same column of the periodic table as equivalents.”- Sam Kean
- “The country which is in advance of the rest of the world in chemistry will also be foremost in wealth and in general prosperity.”- William Ramsay
- “Hypotheses, like professors, when they are seen not to work any longer in the laboratory, should disappear.”- Henry Edward Armstrong
Quotes about Biology
- “In biology, nothing is clear, everything is too complicated, everything is a mess, and just when you think you understand something, you peel off a layer and find deeper complications beneath. Nature is anything but simple.”- Richard Preston
- “Biology is the study of complicated things that have the appearance of having been designed with a purpose.”- Richard Dawkins
- “The finding of the double helix thus brought us not only joy but great relief. It was unbelievably interesting and immediately allowed us to make a serious proposal for the mechanism of gene duplication.“- James Watson
- “I believe that thirty million of these animalcules together would not take up as much room, or be as big, as a coarse grain of sand.“- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek
- “A gene is a long sequence of coded letters, like computer information. Modern biology is becoming very much a branch of information technology.”- Richard Dawkins
- “The biology of mind bridges the sciences – concerned with the natural world – and the humanities – concerned with the meaning of human experience.”- Eric Kandel
- “Biology is also more important than physics, as measured by its economic consequences, by its ethical implications, or by its effects on human welfare.“- Freeman Dyson
- “There is no scientific study more vital to man than the study of his own brain. Our entire view of the universe depends on it.”- Francis Crick
Funny Science Quotes
- “Even if you think the Big Bang created the stars, don’t you wonder who sent the flowers?” – Robert Breault.
- “I don’t believe in astrology; I’m a Sagittarian and we’re skeptical.” – Arthur C. Clarke.
- “The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn’t have a space program.“- Larry Niven.
- “Basic research is what I am doing when I don’t know what I am doing.“
- “Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof.” – Ashley Montague.
- “If an ancient man saw planes two thousand years ago, he would’ve thought they were birds or angels from another world.” – Dejan Stojanovic.
Science Quotes for Students
“What you learn from a life in science is the vastness of our ignorance.” – David Eagleman
“If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.” – Issac Newton
“Our virtues and our failures are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.” – Nikola Tesla
“Impossible only means that you haven’t found the solution yet.” – Anonymous
“In science the credit goes to the man who convinces the world, not to the man to whom the idea first occurs.” – Sir William Osler
Science Quotes by Albert Einstein
“Fear or stupidity has always been the basis of most human actions.”
“I believe in intuitions and inspirations… I sometimes feel that I am right. I do not know that I am.”
“I still struggle with the same problems as ten years ago. I succeed in small matters but the real goal remains unattainable, even though it sometimes seems palpably close. It is hard, yet rewarding: hard because the goal is beyond my abilities, but rewarding because it makes one oblivious to the distractions of everyday life.”
“Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.”
“Valuable achievement can sprout from human society only when it is sufficiently loosened to make possible the free development of an individual’s abilities.”
Famous Science Quotes by Scientists
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe. – Albert Einstein
It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries, which later appear so easy and simple. – Georg C. Lichtenberg
There may be babblers, wholly ignorant of mathematics, who dare to condemn my hypothesis, upon the authority of some part of the Bible twisted to suit their purpose. I value them not, and scorn their unfounded judgment. – Nicolaus Copernicus
There is no law except the law that there is no law. – John Archibald Wheeler
The saddest aspect of life right now is that gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom. ― Isaac Asimov
Hopefully, these interesting and motivational science quotes geared you up for your future endeavours. Struggling with career choices? Reach out to Leverage Edu experts and we will guide you in selecting the right career path that aligns with your interests and aspirations!