Studying abroad opens doors to several opportunities. It can give you opportunities to explore the world and different cultures. Students usually start preparing for studying abroad after completing their graduation. This is the time when they try to figure out which examination can help them pursue their desired courses from their dream college. GATE and GRE are Graduate-level admission examinations that help you get admission into top colleges in India and abroad. For all the students, there is a constant question in their mind, that is, how to choose between GATE vs GRE? This blog aims to present all the information that you need to find the answer to the aforementioned question.
This Blog Includes:
GATE vs GRE- What is the Difference?
GATE is an admission test for Indian Universities in masters programs. GRE is an admission test for master’s programs in foreign universities. Both GATE and GRE have their significance. It’s important to identify the purpose of each exam.
The two courses are intended for providing further education opportunities, the difference lies in whether you wish to pursue the education from India or overseas. There are a number of factors that can determine this decision, whether it is the job opportunities you wish to explore after that or your eligibility for the examinations.
|Name of the Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering||Graduate Record Examination|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc) and 7 IITs||Educational Testing Services|
|Applicable Courses||M.E, M.S, and PhD in India||M.S., MTech along with Management Courses|
|Applicable Countries||India||Indian and Abroad|
|Variants||25 Subjects||2 Variants (General and Subject Test)|
|Total Sections||General Aptitude + Selected Subject|
|Duration||3 hours||3 hours 10 minutes|
|Total Questions||65||Varies upon the chosen mode of the exam|
|Mode of the Exam||Online||Online and Offline|
GATE vs GRE: What is GATE?
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is based on subjects that are taught in graduation (B.E or B.Tech). It is an opportunity to get admission into top universities of India for the Master’s programs. It also allows you to pursue a masters program in some foreign countries. Students have the opportunity to pursue M.E, M.S, and Ph.D. after clearing GATE.
It is an online exam comprising of MCQ questions on theoretical knowledge about the field as well as your verbal and quantitative knowledge. GATE is a national level examination that is conducted across India.
Here are some advantages of giving GATE
- Opportunity to study in Top Colleges- GATE opens your door to pursue M.Tech from prestigious colleges in India such as IIT, NIT, IISc.
- PSU through GATE- It also opens avenues for public undertaking sectors such as NHPC, NTPC, GAIL Limited, Bharat Petroleum, Hindustan petroleum corporation limited, etc.
- Scholarships through GATE- Candidates who qualify after clearing GATE are eligible for certain scholarships to pursue postgraduate programs in India by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development to provide financial assistance during the course of their education.
- Research Institutes hiring through GATE- The scope of recruitment in the Research and Development departments of various companies has increased exponentially. In various laboratories like Counsel of Scientific and Industrial Research, GATE qualified candidates are eligible for the positions of Junior and Senior research fellowships.
GATE vs GRE: What is GRE?
GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is an international competitive exam which is not just limited to engineering. You can apply to several Business and Management courses with your GRE scores. GRE can help you get into reputed graduate and business schools in the world. If you have an impressive GRE score you can explore International and high profile career options. GRE can help you pursue your desired course in your dream country. The GRE is an online-based MCQ test comprising of verbal, quantitative and analytical writing sections.
Here are some advantages of giving GRE
Here are some points that elucidating why you should choose GRE in the GATE vs GRE-
- GRE is one of the best examinations if you are looking forward to pursuing overseas education
- Unlike GATE, it is available in two variants, that is, online and paper-based
- When it comes to qualifying GRE exam, you have the opportunity to choose between GRE General or Subject test as per the demand of your course
- Majority of institutions in India have started accepting GRE scores for Science and Management courses
- Seeking a good score in GRE enables you to apply for GRE scholarships
- Attaining a good score in GRE help student cover up there low GPA
When it comes to the admission process, you might feel unsure about how to go about it, but you don’t have to give in to those doubts. The experts at Leverage Edu can help you make concrete decisions. Get in touch with us today at +91-88262002931