Did you know that New Zealand comes in the top 20 countries for Animation courses? It does. Have you ever wondered what Animation means to you? Not to get deep, but if you are interested in the subject and have wondered what exactly this field entails, we have good news. We are here to help you elaborate. In this blog, we have discussed the Animation courses in New Zealand.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Animation Courses in New Zealand
There are various reasons to study animation courses in New Zealand. Here are some of them:
- Different Levels and Variety of Study
Degrees offered in Animation courses range from B. A. to B.A.(Hons ), B.C.A., B.Des, B.E /B. Tech, B.F.A., and B.M.M. A wide range of course options enable students to explore their area of interest and work on their artistic domain from the very start.
- Internationally Acclaimed Qualifications
New Zealand’s qualifications in Animation are internationally acclaimed and recognised. Here, the latest practical experience that is provided to students via their course structure helps them work to their utmost ability in the real world.
- A Blend of Art, Design, and Business
The Animation courses with fired in New Zealand provide students with everything, from learning design to appreciating art to understanding the business world. This, again, helps students to thrive at their respective workplaces.
- Accompanied by Job Opportunities
Since New Zealand is fairly well known for its Animation courseseveralally succeeds in producing a number of animators and digital artists; giving way to the creation of job opportunities.
Now that we are no longer privy to some of the features and benefits of Animation courses in New Zealand, let’s take a look at some ghetto general requirements for admission in these Animation courses in New Zealand.
Top Animation Courses in New Zealand
Listed below are some of the top animation courses in New Zealand along with the universities that provide the same. You can have an overview of the courses here:
|Bachelor of Screen Arts — Animation Major||Southern Institute of Technology||3 years||NZ$17,000.00 (INR 7 lakhs p.a.)||Develop projects based on complex and well-designed characters while developing your creativity and technical skills.|
|Diploma in Animation||Yoobee School of Design||40 weeks.||NZ$20,000 (INR 10,12,465)||This includes VFX, specialist software, 3D modelling, character animation, etc.|
|Bachelor of Design Innovation – Animation and Visual Effects||Victoria University of Wellington||3 years||NZ$106,500(INR 49.25 lacs)||A cross-disciplinary degree, studies and work outside design are encouraged here.|
|Postgraduate Diploma of Design||The Universal College of Learning||1 year||NZ$25,000(INR 11.50 lacs)||A course that’s seen to be taken before a master’s, it includes advanced research, creative thinking, etc.|
|Diploma in Animation||Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology||40 weeks.||NZ$6,960(INR 3.2 lacs)||This includes the technical development, 3D modelling, a CGI project, and more.|
General Requirements for Animation Courses in New Zealand
Below we have provided the basic requirements to get admission to Animation courses in New Zealand:
- For Undergraduate students, Qualifications (per mentioned by the university) from an esteemed credible secondary school or institution, equivalent to New Zealand year 13.
- For postgraduate students, qualifications at the bachelorette level role throughout out average of B grade over the course of the undergraduate degree.
- Academic Transcripts
- Post-graduation transcript if completed
- Evidence of citizenship (Passport)
- Name and contact details of two professional references.
- CV/ Resume (updated)
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Statement of Purpose
Thesotimelessess takes place over a period of time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kick-start their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined! Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for animation courses in New Zealand:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc.
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans.
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Yes, like several other courses, New Zealand also offers scholarships to students for animation courses. For example:
|Name||Weta FX MDT Scholarship|
|University||Victoria University of Wellington|
|The study area(s)||Design|
|Scholarship level||Master’s Research; Master’s by coursework; All postgraduate|
|Degree||Master of Design Technology programme|
|Estimated Value||$15,000 (6.9 lacs INR)|
- National Overseas Scholarship 2022
- HPSNZ Prime Minister Scholarship
- University Of Auckland International Student Excellence Scholarship
- University Of Waikato Re-Vision Scholarship 2022
- VUW Postgraduate And PhD Scholarships 2022
Jobs and Salary in New Zealand
New Zealand has a range of well-paying jobs after completing animation courses. Listed below are some of them:
|Jobs||CTC (In NZD)|
|Animator||$57K -$63K (INR 26 lakhs to 29 lakhs)|
|3D Animator||$67K – $93K (INR 30 lakhs to 43 lakhs)|
|Computer Graphic Animator (CGI)||$77K -$90K (INR 35 lakhs to 42 lakhs)|
|Visual Effects Compositor and 3D Animator||$87K -$94K (INR 40 lakhs to 44 lakhs)|
|Digital Marketing Creative Specialist||$60,000 – $75,000 (INR 27 lakhs to 34 lakhs)|
Some of the design companies in New Zealand that hire designers and animators are:
|Mediabox||Auckland, New Zealand|
|BrandWorld||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Flashworks Media||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|Southern Studios||Auckland, New Zealand|
South Seas Film & Television School and ACG Yoobee School of Design are the two introductory courses in Animation and Film & Television Production in New Zealand.
Depending on the skills and experience, yes. The pay for freshers in the field of animation starts from minimum wage. For 3D animators/digital artists, the range can start from INR 1,000/hour and can go up to INR 4,602/hour.
Animation is a global industry, therefore, is certainly one of the most beneficial courses to be studied abroad.
This was all about Animation courses in New Zealand. If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.