Design engineering is a method by which engineers analyze and solve various problems. These problems are mapped and described in different ways. Thus these courses are a process and problem-solving approach that is flexible to work in any situation. Further, this course aims at making students well-equipped with creative applications of design. These are four-year degrees where you learn about mechanical engineering, computer-aid designs, and modelling designs. The primary purpose of these courses is to develop a piece of scientific knowledge to apply as a solution to technical problems. If you are from India, then you must consider some of the best institutions in the world located in India. If you want to know more about top design engineering courses, eligibility requirements, best universities for design engineer courses abroad and in India, job prospects, and much more, then Keep Reading!
This Blog Includes:
- Eligibility Requirements
- Top Design Engineering Courses
- Entrance Exams for Design Engineering Courses
- Best Universities for Design Engineering Courses Abroad
- The Top Universities for Design Engineering Courses in India
- Job Prospects
- Required Skill Set to Become Design Engineer,
- Courses Similar to Design Engineering Courses
Every university, either in India or abroad, has certain eligibility requirements to take admissions for design engineering courses. These eligibility requirements for postgraduate and undergraduate courses are
- To get into undergraduate courses, and you must have completed your 10+2 from an officially recognized institution with physics, chemistry, and maths as compulsory subjects and an aggregate of 60% marks.
- Apart from these, if you want to pursue studies in India, you also have to qualify for entrance exams at the national or state level, for example, JEE mains.
- To pursue a postgraduate degree, you must have completed an undergraduate degree (BTech) from an officially recognized institution with a minimum of 60% marks. You may also qualify for the entrance exams such as GATE.
- If you want to pursue these design engineering courses abroad, then you may require to qualify for language proficiency tests such as IELTS and TOEFL.
Top Design Engineering Courses
If you want to pursue top design engineering courses, then here is the list of top design engineering courses available for students.
- Automotive body design
- Computer-aided design course
- Engineering materials course
- Structural design in wood course
- Tool designing
- Mechanical design engineering course
- Aircraft body designing course
- Infrastructural designing
- Plumbing designing
- Fire fighting designing
Entrance Exams for Design Engineering Courses
Some of the primary entrance exams for design engineering courses are
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- NID Entrance Exam
- Pearl Academy Entrance Exam
- FDDI AIST
- ILAD Entrance Exam
- GD Goenka DAT
- UID aptitude test
Best Universities for Design Engineering Courses Abroad
There are a plethora of foreign universities that offer various design engineering courses. These universities provide excellence in teaching and provide good quality education. Further, some of these universities are among the world’s top universities. Some of these best universities for design engineering courses abroad are
|Name of the College/ University||QS World Ranking 2022|
|Norwegian University of Science and Technology||369|
|Shanghai Jiao Tong University||50|
|University of Strathclyde||302|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)||1|
|University of Southampton||77|
|University of Michigan||23|
|University of Plymouth||601-650|
The Top Universities for Design Engineering Courses in India
If you want to pursue top courses for design engineer in India then there are a plethora of institutions in Delhi that offer these courses at affordable fees and promise placement. According to the QS world rankings, some of these institutions are also among the top institutions. These institutions are
|Name of the University||Average Fees in INR|
|Pillai College of Engineering||73,000|
|College of Engineering, Anna University||50,000|
A crucial role in shaping a candidate’s career is played by different recruiting companies by offering placement opportunities to the candidates. After completing the course, you may pursue multiple jobs in the field of design engineering. Some of the job profiles in the related field are
- Automotive design engineer
- Instructional designer
- Service Engineer
- Vendor development engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Automotive ancillary development engineer
- Maintenance engineering at automobiles dealerships
- Production engineering at automobile plants
Some of the top firms that you may consider or who are looking for talented and well-qualified candidates as design engineers. Some of these are
- L and T constructions
- Manufacturing companies
- Nissan Ashok Leyland
- Design firms
- Mahindra Engineering
One of the most critical aspects that come with employment is salary. These salaries given to the employees are based upon various factors such as experience, educational qualification, and much more. After completion of top engineering courses, the average salary is INR 1,20,000 to INR 6,00,000 per annum.
Required Skill Set to Become Design Engineer,
At last, to succeed, you must possess the following skills.
- Project management
- FEA software skills
- PLM skills
- CAD software skills
- Communication skills
Courses Similar to Design Engineering Courses
Some of the other similar courses to design engineer courses are –
- Mechanical engineering
- Software engineering
- BDes in animation
- BDes in textile design
- BDes in fashion designing
Ans. There are an array of roles in the engineering world, but design engineering refers to the term synonym with mechanical design engineering.
Ans. Yes, design engineering is a reasonable degree that is a creative, lucrative, and career-oriented degree. Further, it is one of the best choices for you.
Ans. some of the skills that you need to become a design engineer are
Designing skills, Creative thinking focused on products. Impeccable attention to detail, Communication skills, Problem-solving skills, etc.
If you want to get into a high university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need a flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute consultation.